Rayman in Splinter Cell teaser

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Sheepish
Tribelle
Tings: 260

Rayman in Splinter Cell teaser

Post by Sheepish »

Made an account just to ask why Rayman making a quick guest appearance the teaser trailer for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory isn't on the wiki, as well as an animation development for Rayman 4 that I'm not sure I can say the word for but search "rayman sings bomb" on youtube and it should come up. I didn't see it on the Rayman 4 page link to test animations. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with these which is why they're not on the wiki but maybe they can be added? (or I may be blind and they're already here) thanks
Last edited by Sheepish on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Missing stuff

Post by Hunchman801 »

Welcome to this place, Lambskkin! As concerns the Splinter Cell cameo, feel free to add a section about it here. As for the "sexbomb" animation, it's not possible to embed videos at the moment but a link to the YouTube video would probably be just fine. It was made for one of the Rayman 4 prototypes, wasn't it?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Hello Lambskkin, do you have a link to the Splinter Cell video and the timestamp where Rayman appears? Also, there is a thread to discuss the "Rayman sings sexbomb" video.

Edit: if you are not sure about adding something you can also use the discussion page for the article Hunch linked to.
Sheepish
Tribelle

Post by Sheepish »

Unfortunately my only Splinter Cell source is here in a compilation https://youtu.be/Yz9nva5Enl0?t=985 (16 minutes 25 seconds)
I tried very very hard to find the original source material and watched like 20 Splinter Cell trailers haha (more importantly why are there so many?)
It may also be a trailer for Rayman Legends due to them releasing a Splinter Cell skin onto that game. I guess someone could ask the poster of the video.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Re: Rayman in Splinter Cell teaser

Post by Elite Piranha »

I think that is an ad for Rayman Raving Rabbids from 2005:

Sheepish
Tribelle

Post by Sheepish »

Oh cool! Thanks for finding it
It says 2005 in the video which is when Chaos Theory came out (January 2005), and Rayman Raving Rabbids was released in 2006 so I'm not sure if it's a Rayman Raving Rabbids ad
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

According to Wikipedia the earliest releases of the game (Chaos Theory) were in March, 2005. I think the video says: "2005 will be full of guns", and after that it says "Happy New Year", so this an ad from January 2005 that uses Rayman to tease/promote a Splinter Cell game? I have seen bits and pieces of this before, but I never paid much attention to it until now.
Sheepish
Tribelle

Post by Sheepish »

Oh sorry I believe I was watching a Chaos Theory advertisement that had January 2005 on it, oops. But yes I think it's an ad for the Chaos Theory. They're the same company - there's also a Rayman Chips easter egg in a vending machine in the game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZuUj3IvGB8

Btw I really like your sig banner, Rayman looks adorable
Last edited by Sheepish on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Lambskkin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:54 am Oh sorry I believe I was watching a Chaos Theory advertisement that had January 2005 on it, oops. But yes I think it's an ad for the Chaos Theory. They're the same company - there's also a Rayman Chips easter egg in a vending machine in the game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZuUj3IvGB8

Btw I really like your sig banner, Rayman looks adorable
Nice find! It seems that this easter egg is from the first Splinter Cell. I'll try to add it to the wiki later.

Also, thanks for the comment :mrgreen:.