The Spooky Raymansion 3

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: The Spooky Raymansion 3

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I suppose the return to the spawn point is to prevent the player from getting stuck?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Possibly, but I believe it’s more about immersion as it was featured in the second game to make it like Noseless Rayman is losing track of the player when they’re hiding.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

You're right, this clearly makes more sense.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Is Ryemanni teasing us again for The Spooky Raymansion 4? 👀

Capture d’écran (76356).png
Capture d’écran (76356).png (16.61 KiB) Viewed 853 times

Whether he actually does it or just stick to the meme of never releasing it like Rayman 4, it's perfect either way as enough time has passed since 3 to make the joke work! :mryellow:

ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8658

Post by ItzalDrake »

I hope he'll never release it, just to keep with the Rayman tradition that we cannot count up to 4! :lol:
(sorry for the joke you can all hate me now :lol:)
Hello! Image
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

ItzalDrake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:09 pm I hope he'll never release it, just to keep with the Rayman tradition that we cannot count up to 4! :lol:
(sorry for the joke you can all hate me now :lol:)
That was literally the joke in TSR3's ending, so nobody would hate you for it! :P

Capture d’écran (76357).png
Capture d’écran (76357).png (14.78 KiB) Viewed 839 times

I'm curious what a fourth game could be like for this "franchise", but I assume it would bring a few new mechanics to the table like 2 and 3, and Noseless Rayman could get a new "form" or a "replacement" character since he supposedly died in the third game (even going as far as disappearing from the title screen).

While Noseless Rayman is the face of The Spooky Raymansion, one thing I definitely wanted for the third game was some new "monsters" (especially after the release of Globox Terror), so I would love to see him team up with some creatures for 4 or any new Rayman horror fangame.
That wouldn't be so inconsistent with Noseless' apparent ability to create "clones" or "illusions" of himself as seen in the penultimate level of TSR3, or the fact it's implied everything is the protagonist's nightmare since Level X in TSR2.
Guess Ryemanni could fully embrace the nightmare route to make Noseless Rayman alive again as well as make the experience even crazier and spookier! :hinhinhin:

You know Ryemanni is great at making Rayman fangames when something intended as a "joke game" can get us hyped for a sequel! :lol:

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

WELL! Ladies and gentlemen, unless this is an elaborate troll, something without a nose is returning soon with a fresh coat of Godot paint! 👀

The video will release in two days, and the binary title translates to "Nose". :hehe:
Glad that Ryemanni is comitting to the binary joke which I kind of started with some of my content on the older games! :mryellow:

Whether if it's real or just a fake trailer as the final step of the "See you in Spooky Raymansion 4!" joke, I'll like it either way! :lol:

EDIT: Sequel confirmed! Return to the Spooky Raymansion releases this 27th of October and appears to tbe the most ambitious game in the series by far! :noel:
https://gamejolt.com/games/returntothes ... ion/848202

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I see that we now have a topic for the new game, so here is the link. :mrgreen:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Ryemanni has finally made a stream about the third game:

It notably confirmed the following things:
-Rayman was indeed the protagonist in all of the four games.
-Ryemanni added the crouching and sprinting in The Spooky Raymansion 2 because the first game really had no gameplay mechanics, but the crouching became nearly useless in 3 being only used in Level 1.
-While the first two games were made with a purpose in mind (such as experimenting with making 3D games), the third one was made just for fun and to "conclude" the series. Return to The Spooky Raymansion switched to Godot also because making 3D games in Game Maker isn't easy.
-The third game as a whole takes place inside Rayman's dreams while Rayman is in some sort of coma, haunted by Noseless Rayman since he went into the mansion in the first game. This is indeed why Noseless Rayman has many "clones" chasing Rayman around the end of the game, and why the actual Noseless Rayman was still alive in Return to The Spooky Raymansion despite the final events in 3.
-The rare jump scare has about a 1/10 chance of occuring.
-By killing the nightmarish Noseless Rayman here, Rayman has banished him from his mind.
-Return to The Spooky Raymansion (a.k.a. The Spooky Raymansion 4) takes place in Rayman's real world.