Eurovision OMFG

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Eurovision OMFG

Post by PluMGMK »

People laughed at me this time last week for thinking Ryan O'Shaughnessy had a chance… Then apparently he became the bookies' third-favourite… Then ended up finishing way down the chart anyway! :lol:
Well done Israel anyway! The song's really grown on me since I made that post four days ago, even if my parents still hate it! :mrgreen:
Rulez wrote:Holy shit, Poland sucked! They won the eliminations here by only one point, and I'd much prefer if the band that got second place went there instead - although I may be biased because I sing on their debut album :hehe:

Good brag.
Nicely done. :fou:
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

I'm a little sour about Israel winning because they've been pretty open and upfront about wanting to use the contest to basically whitewash themselves and turn it into a propagandic shitshow, and I liked that people told Russia to fuck off with that back in 2016. It was kinda satisfying to see that they threw in the towel on trying to outraise the competition this year. :mrgreen:

But obviously that doesn't have anything to do with the actual artist herself and I thought she carried the performance really well, when they played the highlight reel of all the tracks it was very obvious how she stood out from the rest of the pop competitors. I didn't really have a favourite personally, I liked Hungary and Austria came through much better in the live peformance, but nothing I'm planning to return to now that it's over.
Rulez wrote:Holy shit, Poland sucked! They won the eliminations here by only one point, and I'd much prefer if the band that got second place went there instead - although I may be biased because I sing on their debut album :hehe:
LOL that was fucking awful, I loved how they kept doubling down on their little snake dance thing like they thought that was gonna be the cool new trend that would spark off from their song.
PluMGMK wrote:I don't really think it was more understandable or less insulting to the audience than Dustin though tbh.
It was a metaphor for the bullies that mocked her in school, the point was that she was mocking them back in the same way they did to her with a "now I'm at Eurovision and more successful than any of you" context.

Apparently the "real music" crowd was very offended but I'm still surprised there's apparently people who go into Eurovision thinking they're about to witness high-brow professional music making, there were like 15 derivative radio pop singles and at least two dabs. :roll:
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Keane wrote:It was a metaphor for the bullies that mocked her in school, the point was that she was mocking them back in the same way they did to her with a "now I'm at Eurovision and more successful than any of you" context.
Indeed, I should have figured that. Well, I liked it anyway!
Keane wrote:I'm a little sour about Israel winning because they've been pretty open and upfront about wanting to use the contest to basically whitewash themselves and turn it into a propagandic shitshow, and I liked that people told Russia to fuck off with that back in 2016. It was kinda satisfying to see that they threw in the towel on trying to outraise the competition this year. :mrgreen:
That sucks indeed, and is why I couldn't bring myself to vote for the song. Also I know over the next year now we're gonna have people on the radio yammering our ears off about boycotting the contest, but no way will that be acted on. :roll:
HarukΛ
Électoon
Location: Earth: Occidental Lusitanian strand ; Glade of Dreams: Deep in the forests
Tings: 15

Post by HarukΛ »

Defintiny the best show ever. :D
Waiting for a new 3D title since 2003... Until there, fallen in a long nap... Image
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

Never watched Eurovision before (nor did I this time) but I’ve heard a lot of talk about it and ended up watching the winning performance, and the UK’s performance with the interruption. I thought they were both quite bad, Israel’s was kind of over the top and the lyrics were pretty unimaginative, though it was still better than the incredibly generic UK entry.
Israel was fun to watch though and I’m sure that plays a large part in who wins.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Keane wrote:
LOL that was fucking awful, I loved how they kept doubling down on their little snake dance thing like they thought that was gonna be the cool new trend that would spark off from their song.
Oh Jesus... fuck that! Holy shit, that Gromee guy looked like a fucking retarded dork with that smile on his face. The song wasn't interesting, but I wonder if we would do better if the other guy sang on pitch...
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, it's that time of year again… I guess I say it every year, but I think we might actually be in with a chance this time :fou:

Whether it has a chance or not, our entry this year reminds me somewhat of one of the Black Mesa Xen tracks… :hap: