Better Rayman 3

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
yaniva
Lums
Tings: 40

Re: Better Rayman 3

Post by yaniva »

I've installed this to my Rayman 3 (Hebrew) and still the right stick controller is not working.
3 horizonal 4 vertical.
Tried everything and still noting.

Update: changed it to 2 Horizonal 5 Vertical and it works just fine!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Has there been any progress on getting upscaled cutscenes working with BR3? I remember screwing around with the code a few years ago, and I thought RibShark was working on it too…
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

(eyebrow raise) Upscaled Cutscenes?
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:20 pm Has there been any progress on getting upscaled cutscenes working with BR3? I remember screwing around with the code a few years ago, and I thought RibShark was working on it too…
eventually I will add support, I am working on a complete rewrite of the configurator as well as being able to load external mods (beginning with texture mods and *maybe* cutscenes)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

External mods? Sounds intriguing! :D
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Yeah it does
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

RibShark wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:10 pm eventually I will add support, I am working on a complete rewrite of the configurator as well as being able to load external mods (beginning with texture mods and *maybe* cutscenes)
Maybe you don't necessarily need to replace the whole cutscene rendering stuff. There might be an easier solution -

The "only" thing we need now, is to change the game behavior so it won't treat 16:9 videos like 4:3 so the black borders are displayed on sides.

Looks like you already know something about changing the games behavior in this matter, since original game without Better Rayman squeezes 16:9 videos vertically instead of putting borders on sides (so current Better Rayman behavior makes it look better anyway).

PlumGMK already bypassed resolution limit patching the library, and maximum for now to playback 1080p/60 is currently 2048x2048.
Bypassing that limit any further results in performance decrease during playing cutscenes.

Also, we successfully managed to correctly render bik with audio so it plays normally in the game.

Of course, not all game cutscenes are 16:9 - there are also 4:3 ones, but these are less important, and borders can be embedded there permanently on sides by proper converting so they will fit 16:9 AR and won't get affected if you change game behavior to treat 16:9 videos correctly.

Here is an instruction for converting any video to bik with audio to be played correctly in the game, and patched binary to bypass 512x512 cutscene resolution limit
viewtopic.php?p=1442646#p1442646
And edited addresses which PluMGMK found to make it
viewtopic.php?p=1432160#p1432160
tMacka
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by tMacka »

I had the game working perfectly yesterday over the steam link, but today when I tried to play it the only buttons that were being picked up on the main menu using an xbox controller were A and X, but the weird thing was they were Back (A) and Accept (X) which is not the configuration I had yesterday. Once I loaded into the game it detected all of the buttons but it had seemingly remapped everything randomly, for example the strafe button was on the [Select] key instead of the trigger. I have reinstalled the game twice and tried everything but nothing seems to be fixing the issue.
tMacka
Électoon

Post by tMacka »

deton24 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:06 pm This thing doesn't work?
https://code.google.com/archive/p/noser ... /downloads
I have tried this and it didn't work at all.
deton24 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:06 pm https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74489
They use modified Rayman 3 controller fix there. Maybe it will work.
This looks like he is trying to get it working for Rayman 2 rather than 3

The most annoying thing is that it was working perfectly and I got all the way up to the swamp, and then after going to bed and trying to play it the next day the controls were all messed up, and I know its detecting the controller because two of the buttons still work..

Edit: I have tested the controls by using the controller directly with the computer rather than using the steam link and it detects and works fine, so the issue is being caused by the steamlink somehow, but I have tested the controller in other games while using the steamlink and that is still fine, so I'm stumped as to why Rayman is having the issue.
Bstudios
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Bstudios »

I recently installed this mod myself... Well, that's the problem, actually. I'm not sure if I actually did properly install this? is there anyway to confirm that I've successfully installed the mod?

Cause with the Rayman Control Panel, I seem to be able to put the game in widescreen- but all of the margins and such are off. The HD textures I installed work fine, but I'm unsure if I actually managed to install this.

One big thing is that it never specified an installation location or anything, merely "installing" and then saying I was done.
Moventur
Paluchard
Tings: 528

Post by Moventur »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:20 pm Has there been any progress on getting upscaled cutscenes working with BR3? I remember screwing around with the code a few years ago, and I thought RibShark was working on it too…
Hello from November, does RibShark work with cutscenes?
Ray2005
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 783

Post by Ray2005 »

I just encountered a big problem where BR3 isn’t registering my C-stick/D-pad in the menus. The actual game can detect my controller when not on the menu. So I have to resort to using keys on my keyboard to go through the menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BR3 several times and nothing went back to normal. Going into the Keyboard/Gamepad option doesn’t help either.
When are we getting Rayman 4, Ubisoft?
Ameto
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Ameto »

Guys, cutscenes automatic skipped, windows 10 GPU RX 6600, how can i fix it?
lyndo64
El Luchador
Tings: 20270

Post by lyndo64 »

Is there anyway to get this working with a Uplay copy?
I get to alphabetize my sausages :proud:
lyndo64
El Luchador
Tings: 20270

Post by lyndo64 »

deton24 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:43 pm Is there any error for you? It used to work.
When I install it nothing happens.
I get to alphabetize my sausages :proud:
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

Weird. Your PC specs? Windows? Build? Maybe it's something more on your side (but caused by BR3), just less common.

Generally nothing changed in Uplay version through the years except main binary which is DRM-protected now, and only rebrand from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect happened.

Maybe try to start with disabling overlay in the client.

Also, if it's not enabled by default, go to d3d8.ini and set D3d8to9 to 1, but maybe something has changed in newer BR3 versions.

If still nothing, from now on DXVK can be used after the above change, so download DXVK from GitHub and copy d3d9.dll from X32 folder (just be aware that old GPUs can't be used with Vulkan, e.g. Gefore 8, 9XXX).

Eventually, you can also try out the old DRM-free 2018 binary from Uplay:
https://disk.yandex.com/d/iaHa3j-1PTFYkQ
hadarych9
Électoon

Post by hadarych9 »

Guys, hello! First of all, the mod is great! But I have encountered a problem... I have russian version of Rayman 3 from Buka (and it's russian-dubbed of course). When I install Better Rayman 3, some audio lines/phrases start to break (some end early, some just don't play at all). It seems that Rayman language settings turns to English somehow, and proper timings for russian-dubbed lines are disturbed because of it. For example, at the very beginning when you turn the lights on and Globox notices it, his phrase just stops in the middle.
deezteensiez
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by deezteensiez »

Thank god this project exists <3 Could we have source code for this so this could live on forever?
Akira Taguchi :D