Rayman: The Best Bits

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Sevy
Pti-lote
Tings: 2810

Rayman: The Best Bits

Post by Sevy »

This is something I thought about for a while, and I thought it would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts on it too.

(If a thread similar to this one already exists, I apologise in advance. Please delete as necessary)

So I was thinking many people in the fandom have a fave Rayman game they love to refer to, or a point or scenario that has happened with him, yet most people dont seem to share what bits of the games really stand out to them. So this is where you come in! If you have a fave game out of the ones so far, great. Now lets see what about it exactly makes it worthwhile to you. What keeps you playing over and over again?

For example:
●Was there a particular place or area that really blew you away?
●Was there a bit of dialogue that stuck with you?
●Was there a section that made you disconnect with real life and you forgot about the outside world?
●Was it even a bit of music or soundtrack that fills your mind with euphoria?
●Or perhaps there was a part where your emotions flew?

What bits stood out to you where others may have glossed over? Lets go deeper in the WORLDS OF RAYMAN......
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Re: Rayman: The Best Bits

Post by Elite Piranha »

I will always remember the music from the Rayman 2 menu and the Teensie greeting you, I don't know how to describe it, but that alone was enough to make me want to play the game, it was very captivating.

Btw, I suggest to merge these two threads that talk about the same thing:
What are your favorite Rayman levels?
Your favorite level from the Rayman games
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:00 am Btw, I suggest to merge these two threads that talk about the same thing:
What are your favorite Rayman levels?
Your favorite level from the Rayman games
Thanks, I ended up merging even more topics together, it might be borderline confusing but at least conversations should be easier to find now. What we have now is: As for those memorable Rayman moments, I remember finding the palette riding sections in Rayman Junior really cool for some reason. I loved the ink boxes and the rest of the Picture City stuff.
Sevy
Pti-lote
Tings: 2810

Post by Sevy »

Thanks guys. I must have missed these threads seeing as the gap as you mentioned was pretty far apart ^^ if it helps I dont mind you deleting this one now seeing as the merge may have helped, otherwise it just repeats whats already been said.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

This topic covers a lot more than people's favorite levels alone, so I think it's worth keeping as it is now. ;)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

The palette-riding is a big one for me too, basically because it's my earliest gaming memory – it's kind of "where it all began" for me :nostalgic:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

This might explain it for me as well, actually!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

The snow race and Rayman taking over Master Kaag's machine (R3) are other of my favorite bits from the franchise.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I like the bit in Rayman 2 where Rayman enters Umber's chamber the second time, with the Purple Lum, and suddenly all the hopping around the place makes sense!

The music's pretty cool there too!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Quite possibly my favorite track in the entire game, actually!
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Rayman 3 was really fun in the Hoodstomper and around then. The music was epic and that was epic. I liked having a funkyboard section with good music, in my opinion, and then there was the Bog of Murk which was interesting. A part I like is in Rayman 2 in the Top of the World, in the indoor section. The music was good, I think, and I liked hearing Alarms blaring in the game. It was epic. :D
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Bump
PluMGMK wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:05 am The palette-riding is a big one for me too, basically because it's my earliest gaming memory – it's kind of "where it all began" for me :nostalgic:
So Rayman Junior was your first game? :D

One of the defining bits for me was in R2 playing in the Pirate Mines when I was rescuing Uglette's babies and that was such a great feeling despite the fact that I blew up the ship a few times the very first time I played. And then hearing that I had to save Globox again, which I didn't mind doing since it means I got to see him again.

There's a lot more bits that are memorable to me but I'll be playing through the games again so I can remember. :)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Ithasmore
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2325

Post by Ithasmore »

Rayman Origins is by far my favorite game, and for 2 reasons. The first one is the controls. Most games feel kinda rigid, but Rayman Origins feels more smooth. The second is the environment. The way it looks is beautiful, and has some of the best music I have ever heard. It all comes together beautifully and creates an amazing game. Not really bits but oh well.
Greengoop
Creveton
Tings: 29850

Post by Greengoop »

My favourite bit was when the blazing brass music in R1 first kicked in and gave me the courage to beat the level 8)
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I loved hearing this song when I first played Allegro Presto on the PC. It makes me think 'oh doom is coming' in the form of sliding platforms :lol:

Speaking of Allegro Presto, I recall it being the very first point in a Rayman game where I lost all my lives and had to use a continue. I know most people talk about how hard Bongo Hills is but for me Allegro Presto was worse as a kid but then again, I was playing Rayman Advance at the time.
Greengoop
Creveton

Post by Greengoop »

I feel slightly guilty for wasting 4 continues in bongo hills :oops2:
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Ehh, don't be. A lot of people found this level in particular along with Space Mama's Crater to be difficult. In fact I find it surprising that not many people bring up Eat at Joe's for its final phase with all the evil fishes hitboxing you into the water in the PS1 version!
Greengoop
Creveton

Post by Greengoop »

Only in the ps1 version???
Said
Roméo Patti
Tings: 7015

Post by Said »

Sevy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:52 pm This is something I thought about for a while, and I thought it would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts on it too.

(If a thread similar to this one already exists, I apologise in advance. Please delete as necessary)

So I was thinking many people in the fandom have a fave Rayman game they love to refer to, or a point or scenario that has happened with him, yet most people dont seem to share what bits of the games really stand out to them. So this is where you come in! If you have a fave game out of the ones so far, great. Now lets see what about it exactly makes it worthwhile to you. What keeps you playing over and over again?

For example:
●Was there a particular place or area that really blew you away?
●Was there a bit of dialogue that stuck with you?
●Was there a section that made you disconnect with real life and you forgot about the outside world?
●Was it even a bit of music or soundtrack that fills your mind with euphoria?
●Or perhaps there was a part where your emotions flew?

What bits stood out to you where others may have glossed over? Lets go deeper in the WORLDS OF RAYMAN......
i think if theres an area that really blew me away,is the longest shortcut level,the shading still blows me away to this day,it is such a well done level and i love the aesthethic of it,it is my favorite level of any rayman game lol :hap:
DaveRattlehead
Estellia
Tings: 22136

Post by DaveRattlehead »

I would say that I have quite a few memorable moments related to the Rayman series -especially with R2, R3 and RRR (yes, I know, it's surprising), as these are the games I have played and enjoyed the most with family and friends. Among these three, probably the one that has marked me the most is R2, as it was my first experience as a gamer and the game that got me interested in videogames. When I think of this game, the first thing that comes to my mind is its intro and the third stage of the Fairy Glade. I don't know if it's because of the music or what, but I always get very nice memories about it.