I plan to make a unedited Rayman 2 Dreamcast cdi multi disc split rip!

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Sonicx9
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

I plan to make a unedited Rayman 2 Dreamcast cdi multi disc split rip!

Post by Sonicx9 »

This will be my first SB Dreamcast cdi files I will try to make so any help when needed will be appreciated? Note this project will start latter this year when I have the time so please be patient when the time comes?
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Re: I plan to make a unedited Rayman 2 Dreamcast cdi multi disc split rip!

Post by dr_st »

Interesting. What is the goal of this project?
Sonicx9
Lums Vert

Post by Sonicx9 »

The goal of this project is to have nothing ripped and downsampled and I am going to use the GD Dump for the original master audio and webrowser files, but use tuxthewise DCRES Rayman 2 repack for the optimized file order to see if I can do a split rip for this great game, The only thing that would be split are data files that load certain parts of the game and audio files and the goal is to have the game be split in two 80 Miniute CDR selfboot disc with the first disc containing the first half of the game, and the second disc containing the second half of the game, I hope to get this project started later this year.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

Got it. From this doc I understand what was ripped in the DCRES version.

Good luck with the project. :)
Sonicx9
Lums Vert

Post by Sonicx9 »

dr_st I will and may get help from the community and/or Segahub for certain technical things depending on what happens?
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

Well, I personally do not think I have the relevant skills, but the community here will surely help you with whatever they can.

Come to think about - perhaps this thread should be moved to the modding & utilities sub-forum. Or may you can start a new one there when you actually start working on the project.
Sonicx9
Lums Vert

Post by Sonicx9 »

ok the project is expected to star sometime later this year, first I will play the game just for fun, then I will work on the project and post it in the modding & utilities sub-forum.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I have just moved the topic, it's probably better here!
Sonicx9
Lums Vert

Post by Sonicx9 »

Thanks Hunchman801 going to create the first disc soon.

Update: My first disc prototype is in testing process using GDEMU. It has all the rolling demos, and the 6 mini games and gameplay up to the The Canopy stage all playable. The rest of the game is going to be on disc 2 when I am ready to make it down the road. Also I have the Webbrowser stuff on disc 1 but it currently does not work and resets the systems so I might need some technical help on fixing it in later revisions although it could work on cdi images played through emulators or CD-R burning so testers would be welcomed to help me out here if they want to help. Also the file order is based on the GD-Rom not the DCRES Tuxthewise Rayman 2 repack cdi so file order optimizers would be welcome to help once I post the download link in this thread.

Update 2: Here is my prototype disc 1 for download from google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19mi0-v ... share_link It has all 7 rolling demos, all 6 mini games which includes the 3 in game mini games and the other 3 DLC mini games, the gameplay up to The Canopy and Webbrowser files which sadly do not work on GDEMU although they might work on emulators/CD-Rs so testers are welcomed!

Update 3: Here are some things I need help with? I need help on getting the Rayman 2 Webbrowser stuff working on the cdi image so if you guys can help me to get the thing to work it would be nice. Also I am trying to optimize the file order based on DCRES repack https://git.teknik.io/deluxx_/dcresnfo/ ... 0DCRES.nfo which can be downloaded at CDRomance: https://cdromance.com/dc-iso/rayman-2-great-escape-usa/ if you guys can help me get the sort.txt file order for this game rip or teach me how to optimize it based on DCRES repack please let me know?