General Pokémon Thread

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

General Pokémon Thread

Post by Serza5 »

According to this : http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... hp?id=8316 There will be a gold/silver remake for the DS. I can't wait for it to come out. :D I've alway wanted this. It's only been confirmed in Japan though.

EDIT : SCREENSHOT!

UPDATE : Changed topic title to General Pokemon Thread
Last edited by Serza5 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Shawn
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Re: Pokémon Gold/Silver Remakes

Post by Shawn »

YES! THIS IS THE POKEMON GAME I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

yaaay
Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For if you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

The Japanese release is in Autumn so i'm hoping it will be released in the UK in December if not 2010.
Words of Wisdom :
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Holy Crap
Vendeur
Location: I AM OMNIPRESENT! (Just like God, only better, because I exist)
Tings: 80202

Post by Holy Crap »

I'm looking forward to this. :P
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

I'm just hoping there isn't any Wi-Fi exclusive Pokemon crap. :pascontent:

Actually, I hope you can't even use Wi-Fi for this. It would keep the game simpler less limited.
Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For if you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I sicken of Pokemon.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

Shawn wrote:I'm just hoping there isn't any Wi-Fi exclusive Pokemon crap. :pascontent:

Actually, I hope you can't even use Wi-Fi for this. It would keep the game simpler less limited.
I don't remember wi-fi exclusive Pokémon in Diamond. What I really don't want is Pokémon you can only get through cheat codes. I really hate that, I don't want to buy a cheat system for a few Pokémon.

My DS can't connect up to wi-fi for some reason so i'm not really bothered if it has wi-fi. But knowing Nintendo they probably will put it in.

They're also saying you get to have your starter behind your trainer like what they did in Yellow. I'm not sure whether they'll evolve or not.
Words of Wisdom :
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

Soul Silver FOR THE WIN!!!

EDIT: oh wait you guys don't know that.... The gold remake is gonna be Heart gold and silver Soul Silver!!
But this can change at ANY time
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Nobody buy Heart Gold or Soul Silver. Wait for the Crystal remake instead.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

IF they make one, the only good thing about crystal in my opinion was the fact that you could choose to be a girl.
Rayman4321 wrote:Soul Silver FOR THE WIN!!!

EDIT: oh wait you guys don't know that.... The gold remake is gonna be Heart gold and silver Soul Silver!!
But this can change at ANY time
I was going to mention it but yeah..... I don't mind Soul Silver but Heart Gold is a crap name.
Words of Wisdom :
Zay-el
Électoon

Post by Zay-el »

Never played a Pokémon game up to this point and frankly, I doubt I ever will. XD
High Priest of the Church of Lime
"The Balance provides...The Balance protects. Trust the Balance...trust your destiny."
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

I'm getting Heart Gold. Ho-oh is so awesomely awesome.

And, weren't the names were Dawn Gold and Dusk Silver? (or vice-versa? Must of been fan-names. They were better! :pascontent: )
Holy Crap
Vendeur

Post by Holy Crap »

You can find this sort of thing easily by going to Serebii or Bulbapedia.
Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the names, they've already made the logos. Gay names, I know, but it's what were stuck with. In any case, it should be good as long as they don't fuck it up. Gold/Silver was fantastic, so I'd expect the remakes to be at least as good.
I'll be getting Sould Silver. Lugio is way cooler than Ho-oh, plus Silver was the one I played as a kid. :P

Although, has anyone played the fan-made remake of Gold, Pokemon shiny Gold?
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

I wanted to, but decided not to. I wanted to wait for a real remake to come out.

I'm getting Gold. It's the one I played as a kid, and his Sacred Fire is amazing!

BTW, I wonder what they're going to do with the Kanto region part. Now they have enough memory to make it pretty much completely identical to the original map.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

They should put the truck in it. The one near the S.S. Anne, that is.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

Gold was the game I grew up with too. I gave it away to my cousin years ago so I just play my Crystal rom. Not sure whether I want Heart Gold though. Lugia is the better legendary :P No doubt i'll get the cheapest version that's at the store when I go to buy it.

Anyway new screenshots and a vid : http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... 93&start=0
Words of Wisdom :
dingodile555
Lums Rouge
Tings: 65

Post by dingodile555 »

Serza5 wrote:The Japanese release is in Autumn so i'm hoping it will be released in the UK in December if not 2010.
I'm guessing the US will get it in Spring 2010, and Europe will get it in Summer.

Serza5 wrote:No doubt i'll get the cheapest version that's at the store when I go to buy it.
I'm sure they'll be the same, if it was different for one then that would be a total scam.
Holy Crap
Vendeur

Post by Holy Crap »

Shawn wrote: I'm getting Gold. It's the one I played as a kid, and his Sacred Fire is amazing!
My togepi used Sacred Fire once. :P
Anwyay,I'm inclined to think Dingodile is probably right about the release dates.
Of course, for those in the Southern Hemisphere it'll be Spring, Autumn, Winter. :P
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

I don't see how Lugia is better. :P

BTW, Serza, I thought you said you didn't post any vids. :pascontent:
Holy Crap
Vendeur

Post by Holy Crap »

Shawn wrote:I don't see how Lugia is better. :P
Just look at them. Plus, Psychic Types are way cooler than Fire Types.
Also, the pokedex does not make absurd claims about Lugioa, unlike Ho-oh, where the pokedex entries all say something about seven couloured wings, even though there are only three colours, and that's including white. :roll: