Bye Ancel

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Bye Ancel

Post by spiraldoor »

Lijik wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:I know all about Choukroun; he created Little Big Adventure and Alone in the Dark. There was news a couple of years ago that he was working on a game with Ancel and the rest of the Montpellier team but I don't think anything ever came of it. I added some information relating to him to Ancel's RayWiki page a couple of months ago...
Then you'd know the person you're talking about is Frederick Reynal, not Choukroun.
Damn it, you're right. Couple of wires crossed in my brain for a moment there.
bunnieblaster
Master Kaag
Tings: 6995

Post by bunnieblaster »

Wow, this event shall be in history books forever. The magical spiraldoor makes a mistake Image
Lijik
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lijik »

spiraldoor wrote:
Lijik wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:I know all about Choukroun; he created Little Big Adventure and Alone in the Dark. There was news a couple of years ago that he was working on a game with Ancel and the rest of the Montpellier team but I don't think anything ever came of it. I added some information relating to him to Ancel's RayWiki page a couple of months ago...
Then you'd know the person you're talking about is Frederick Reynal, not Choukroun.
Damn it, you're right. Couple of wires crossed in my brain for a moment there.
Its cool, we all have brainfarts. :D
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

bunnieblaster wrote:Wow, this event shall be in history books forever. The magical spiraldoor makes a mistake Image
Win. Period
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Choukroun's comment is still there, you just have to sign in to view it. ;)
I think he's actually speaking the truth there, but he might have mistaken Beyond Good & Evil 2 for Rayman 4. I think he's working more on BG&E2 than Rayman 4. If it is true that he's working on Rayman 4, it means that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is almost finished, and Rayman 4 is only just getting started... or the exact opposite of that.
We'll see at E3, hopefully. :D
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

I don't really like facebook. You HAVE to make an account to see majority of anything happening on it.

Edit: There...I made an account. NO invites please. =__= I'm only using it to access more stuff.

So far...

Michel Ancel fan: Michel Ancel leaves Ubisoft

Nicolas Choukroun: Wrong, I met him 2 weeks ago. He is very busy on a sequel of Rayman. He just setup a smaller team because the team in Montpellier was too large. His team is in a different place but he works 100% with Ubi.

MA fan: new Rayman ?? what is about BG&E2 ??

Nicolas Choukroun: in pause...no comment about it sorry.
Tulio
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Tulio »

He said: Sequel of Rayman., Not Rabbids. :3

I'm sad that BGnE2 won't be released, but at least we will get normal rayman-ish game. If it's true...
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Nick said it's being paused. It's not abandoned.

Welcome to the forums, by the way :D
Tulio
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Tulio »

But if I remember correctly Ancel won't be working on/developing it anymore?

Oh, and hello. Is there a possibility to change nickname? In my language it's known as name, i english... D'oh!
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

I think not. :|
bunnieblaster
Master Kaag
Tings: 6995

Post by bunnieblaster »

OMG that's FUNNEH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZLOW-l ... re=channel

Your username says semen
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I don't think Beyond Good & Evil 2 is really in pause, I just think it's not actively being developed yet, I mean, he could still be making changes to the main story and such... he wants it to be perfect. And maybe he's still making his engine even better.

Man, I just hope this semi-confirmed new Rayman 4 won't get ruined in the same way again.
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

I couldn't agree any less about that Piraat.

I really hope it's for real this time.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Spanex wrote:Nicolas Choukroun: in pause...no comment about it sorry.
What could this mean? Is he retracting his statement? Did he say something he shouldn't have (and spoil Rayman 4's E3 reveal)?

Going back to Lijik's suggestion that the rumour was semi-accurate to begin with: maybe someone found out that Ancel was leaving to start a new studio, then made the (incorrect) assumption that it was a non-Ubisoft studio, and from there came to the conclusion that BG&E2 must have been cancelled as a result of Ancel's departure?

If the rumour was indeed based on fact, we can probably expect news of another important Ubisoft developer, most likely a member of the Montpellier team (maybe Jacques Exertier or Xavier Poix), leaving to join Ancel's studio. Maybe Ancel's studio will handle Rayman 4 and the Montpellier studio will handle Beyond Good & Evil 2? Or vice-versa?
Semen wrote:Oh, and hello. Is there a possibility to change nickname? In my language it's known as name, i english... D'oh!
Send a private message to Hunch, he can take care of that for you.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Nicolas Choukroun wrote:"Wrong, I met him 2 weeks ago. He is very busy on a sequel of Rayman. He just setup a smaller team because the team in Montpellier was too large. His team is in a different place but he works 100% with Ubi."
TEMPLE OF THE HOLY! And just when I'd lost all hope!

To quote my favorite hero of all time...

"YAHOOOOOOO!"

Then again, maybe that bastard was lying.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
MasterHero
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2280

Post by MasterHero »

Interessting news this all.

Maybe the new rayman is 2D so thats the reason why the team is smaller. Maybe ubi wants to please the rayman-fans and don't want to put so much money in a sequel. Also its a experiment to make a real sequel (not ds or moblie) in 2D so that they eventually get good press "rayman goes back to his roots" etc. (like the new sonic 4...its also 2D) They also know that a lot of fans will be happy about a 2D sequel. And if it is a flop - then the heads of ubi are happy that they havn't put so much money in a rayman sequel (its a risk to put money in a rayman sequel when you know that that rabbids will make a lot more money, for sure).

BG&E 2 is paused and will be developped when the new rayman (and maybe the tintin game....maybe it will be directed by Jaques E.) is finnished. Also ubi talkes the whole time about that the game should be for the "next gen.consoles". But we only have "current gen." So maybe the title should be develloped for the new consoles because ubi wants the title to be one of the first titles for the new consoles. So they have to wait until they get actual dev-kits (which is totally stupid in my eyes....its a absurd wait-time for us).

Maybe this is actually happening....and what the heads of ubi thought.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

:o Is he busy working on a Rayman sequel?! Thank god! I hope that really becomes true!
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Then again, maybe that bastard was lying.
He's not lying. He may be mistaken, but he is not lying.
Newray
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Newray »

So the Rayman 4 hype train is firing up? Hope it doesn't get sabotaged by those little Rabbids again..

Whether it's BG&E2 or a new Rayman 4, E3 is going to be awesome this year! :wink:
Rayman Origins Progress: 100% Image246/246 Image51/51 Image31/31 Image10/10
Rayman Jungle Run Progress: 100% Image70/70
Rayman 3 HD Progress: 100% ImageScore: 702322 ImageCages: 60/60