Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

Alden
Électoon
Tings: 20

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Alden »

The whole game so far feels like a John K. cartoon.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Jewish Candy wrote:Hi, Spola-kun! :winkgrin: This is AWESOME! A whole bunch of new guys! We could, like, take over or something! :hinhinhin:
Oh yeah, this reminds me of something I meant to put in my signature.
Zay-el
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Zay-el »

Well, certainly wasn't expecting to see something like this anytime soon...

With that said though, my thoughts: The art style is beautiful, I think this cartoony form is absolutely perfect for a Rayman game. Rayman in particular though, seems to have gone through a similar brain-sucking Globox experienced between R2 and R3. He looks positively batshit, to say the least. XD Nevertheless, I gotta say I really want to see where they take this wacky craziness, especially since I couldn't help, but grin almost throughout the trailer.

Continuity errors? Hell, more like a great big pit of it, but I'm willing to simply view this as a reboot and that instantly makes it better. I can even forgive the lack of familiar chartacters for now and hope they'll make an appearence later.

Now, my only qualm is the episodic format. Sure, it's not a BAD idea per se, since Monkey Island and Sam & Max pulled it off, but for me specifically, it'll make the game extremely hard to get, since technically Xbox LIVE doesn't function in Hungary, making me have to wait either for a port to PC, or an emulated version.

I'm sure it'll get a collected edition too though, also like Sam & Max and Monkey Island have, so I'll just wait till then. XD

One way or another though, woo! We finally got a new Rayman game and one that has some potential, too, if pulled off neatly enough.

Now, if I could only get some word on Beyond Good & Evil 2, as well. :P
High Priest of the Church of Lime
"The Balance provides...The Balance protects. Trust the Balance...trust your destiny."
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

It's about time.

If there's coop, then Globox will be . . . like . . . the Tails of the Rayman series!

jk
Sabertooth1000000000 wrote: Yes, lets watch the yankees squirm! :twisted: (I really do hate them, though, their attitudes and thinking that their country is the best and all others suck, and causing games to not be released in Europe...)
LOL

Anyway, I don't think that. :)
Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For if you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

I'm starting to look at this in a better light. Most of the plotholes can easily be resolved with a little open-mindedness, and the episodic format will give people time to get the game without accidentally getting spoilers online. I still can't get it, but fuck me.

Anyway, I'd also like to point out that art style is absolutely incredible. I like it even better than Wario Land 5, which was also breathtaking. Rayman and Globox act kind of stupid, but that leaves plenty of space for character development, which would be a welcome addition to the series.
Shawn wrote:If there's coop, then Globox will be . . . like . . . the Tails of the Rayman series!
Isn't he already, being Rayman's "best friend" and never actually posing a threat to their enemies despite trying really hard to?
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

Yeah. Poor Tails. :(

EDIT: Well, actually, his technology is threatening.
Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For if you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Shawn wrote:Well, actually, his technology is threatening.
Not to Eggman. His technology makes Tails's inventions look like Fisher Price toys. 8)
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

xD He's still my favorite.

BTW, maybe that threat that will tear Rayman and Globox apart is MR. DARKY.

Please? :(
ParadoxJuice
Tily
Tings: 35370

Post by ParadoxJuice »

I want to see Mr. Dark look silly like Rayman and Globox :fou2:

Or he could look extremely scary/awesome and completely break the mood.
If anything I say sounds offensive, mean or rude in any way, it is not, no matter how sure you are. If we appear to be in a heated argument, I am perceiving it as a calm debate. WAGAZAKI!!!!
EvanEDavies
Feuillu
Tings: 1540

Post by EvanEDavies »

First- i would have much prefered that they continue the current story rather than going back to the begining and messing it up... i don't understand how these two characters can be the current rayman and globox we all love..... i have been waiting for a new rayman game for just as long as everybody else but i wasn't expecting this. it just isn't the rayman i think about in my memories :shock:

Second - i have to admit this games really draws me in with its graphics and such. even though we haven't seen any yet, i'm sure the game play will be awesome. hehe it seems before rayman punched he slapped them

Third- people are complaining about the lack of familier characters? if it is a prequel doesn't that mean all of the characters have not been introduced yet? and besides i think there are enough characters to make it seem familier...... PS i'm sorry if someone has already brought this up, but if you pause the trailor when rayman and globox are getting their picture taken, what looks like a teensie is taking the photo! :D
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

EvanEDavies wrote:If it is a prequel doesn't that mean all of the characters have not been introduced yet?
I'd also like to point something out about that. In Rayman 2, both Murfy and The Teensies introduced themselves to Rayman. That means...

a. Neither will be in this game, which is fine by me for continuity's sake.
b. They could appear, but neither will interact with Rayman.

I'd also like to see some old R2 characters like Clark and Sssssam, if only to see how Rayman met them in the first place.
EvanEDavies
Feuillu
Tings: 1540

Post by EvanEDavies »

Yknow now that i think about now it kinda makes sense that a game that occured before the events in Rayman would be in 2D, seeing as the first game was in 2D. Either that or i suggest that the game could be in 1D :mryellow:
need my speed
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9865

Post by need my speed »

Alden wrote:Don't you mean Betilla? I'm assuming you were referring to the girl who made Rayman in the trailer.

Although yeah, I agree that the idiocy humor might be a bit much. Rayman 1 wasn't particularly serious, Rayman 2 took itself more seriously and wasn't really whimsical in the way R1 was, R3 was more comical but it tried a bit too hard to be hilarious, RO seems like it's the same old stuff we've been getting since R3.
Yeah, you're right. Rayman 1 was a light hearted platformer for children, and it was great. Rayman 2 was a mysterious (but not dark and scary, except maybe for that Jano thingy in the Sanctuay of Stone and Fire) platformer, and it was great too. Rayman 3 tried to be hilarious, and was a bit too much of a fighting game, but it was still good. This seems to be even more 'hilarious' and basically sucks.
Hello there! o/
Acarr
Électoon

Post by Acarr »

I'm actually really excited about this. :mrgreen: Watching the trailer pretty much made my whole day yesterday...

(I hope this presense of a new Rayman game introduces new forum members! I now, other than my moderating duties of course, have a reason to lurk around here.)

At first I had a problem with Rayman being immature, but it's looking good. Kinda like it was a flaw in his design if that makes any sense...

Hurry up and bring out more info!
Jewish Candy
Creveton
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy »

Acarr wrote:I hope this presense of a new Rayman game introduces new forum members!
There are about 12 of us newbies here now. Already we're overpostin'! :bad:
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]
Tulio
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Tulio »

Wrrrr... I'd like daily updates on RO blog... Whole 6 days without new post! :o
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Welcome to all the newcomers, it's really great to see that the Rayman fandom was just asleep and not dead!

Also, congratulations to Gennaroc and Spiral on creating the Rayman Origins article on RayWiki, everybody feel free to add any new information! I can't wait for the next piece of news about this game :)
RayLums
Murfy
Tings: 80535

Post by RayLums »

Nice ! I hope more french member reach :)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

YamiRayman wrote:Nice ! I hope more French members come :)
Congratulations on 4000 posts.
Shawn
Antitoon

Post by Shawn »

I posted a new picture. The picture of Betilla that is in it already has a picture, but it didn't show what Rayman was doing.

Here's the link.

https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/File:Rayman_Origins.jpg

I haven't done this in a while so I'm not sure how to put it in the Rayman Origins Gallery.