Rayman 3D

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Janic
Photographe
Tings: 445

Rayman 3D

Post by Janic »

'Aussie classification board reveals the existence of Rayman 3D, and it’s probably a port

Rayman 3D, which has not been officially announced for the Nintendo 3DS has been rated by the Australian classifications board. This is very likely to be a port of Rayman Origins which was rumored a long while back to be in the works. And like I’ve said at some point in the past, seeing the game’s gorgeous art style in 3D would be pretty cool, so let’s hope they’re not porting some other iterations of the series.

Check after the break for a screen capture of the actual classification.'
Source: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/aussie-class ... -611531608
Last edited by Janic on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rayman Origins FTW! ----------------------------------------> Janic
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Re: Rumor: Rayman 3D

Post by Droolie »

I think that might be a port of Rayman 3. I'm not hoping for a new Rayman or a 3D port of Origins, because I know Ubisoft likes to port old games. And god forbid it's another port of Rayman 2.
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

I hope it isn't Rayman 1 on the 3DS... we have enough versions of that game.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

My money’s on Rayman 2. I’m fine with endless ports, as long as they also continue to improve endlessly. No way is this Rayman Origins; it makes no sense that the 3DS version of an episodic game would be so finished that it’s ready to be rated. The 3DS version won’t be released until late 2011 at the earliest. It would be bizarre for them to call a clearly 2D game ‘3D’ (it would create misconceptions even if it’s true in one respect; this also rules out Rayman 1), and new multiplatform games almost never get retitled depending on which system they’re coming out for. Another possibility is that this is a port of Rayman 3 (‘Rayman 3’, ‘3D’, ‘Rayman 3D’, get it? Genius!), but Rayman 2 is the better game and the one that usually tends to be released on handhelds.
Janic
Photographe
Tings: 445

Post by Janic »

spiraldoor wrote:Another possibility is that this is a port of Rayman 3 (‘Rayman 3’, ‘3D’, ‘Rayman 3D’, get it? Genius!), but Rayman 2 is the better game and the one that usually tends to be released on handhelds.
I think it would be really cool to play that game in 3D. Just the intro where Murfy flies with Rayman would be so cool in 3D. But I don't think that will happen. UbiSoft is just too lazy to port the CONSOLE version of Rayman 3 and put little extra's in it. Look at Rayman DS. :(
Rayman Origins FTW! ----------------------------------------> Janic
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

spiraldoor wrote:... but Rayman 2 is the better game and the one that usually tends to be released on handhelds.
Don't forget that they already have Rayman DS, which is Rayman 2 for DS, and DS games are playable on 3DS as well.
They also have Rayman 1 for DSiWare (also playable on 3DS), so I'm almost sure this will be Rayman 3. Especially since you can compare the power of the 3DS to that of the gamecube.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

That's an interesting finding. I am predicting that it is another Rayman 2 port or a Rayman 3 port.
AJack
Bébé Globox
Tings: 612

Post by AJack »

If it wasn't for 'MULTIPLATFORM' tag I'd have put my money on this being the rumored Rayman PS3 collection. Sly Cooper got 3D capability in it's release, so it isn't much of a leap to assume that Rayman might.

Rayman Origins Progress: Electoons: 213/246 - Skull Teeth: 10/10 - Land of the Livid Dead Completed? Hell no.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Honestly, if this isn't the 3DS version of Origins, I'm really hoping it'll be Rayman 3. We have yet to receive a single port of this, while 1 and 2 are all over the place. I'm certainly not expecting it to be a good port, but if it's in 3D, sign me up!
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Honestly, if this isn't the 3DS version of Origins, I'm really hoping it'll be Rayman 3. We have yet to receive a single port of this, while 1 and 2 are all over the place. I'm certainly not expecting it to be a good port, but if it's in 3D, sign me up!
I don't know deeply the hardware of the Nintendo 3DS but if Nintendo DS could run games like a Nintendo 64 1.5 (SM64DS had better graphical quality than the original game for the N64), why not the 3DS being able to run games with approximate GCN quality? If it is like this, the game would look a bit pixelized but it would be fantastic to have a first port of R3's Nintendo GameCube version.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

If this turns out to be Rayman 2, it may well be the best version of Rayman 2 released so far.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:If this turns out to be Rayman 2, it may well be the best version of Rayman 2 released so far.
If that happens, I hope they don't commit the same error as they did with Rayman DS. They could have spent some time correcting the diagonal runnings with the D-Pad, smooting the graphics and improving them to take potential of Nintendo DS's hardware and if the touch screen was to have the final function we know, to add a button mapping option for right-handed people.
iHeckler9
Chasseur
Tings: 1830

Post by iHeckler9 »

spiraldoor wrote:If this turns out to be Rayman 2, it may well be the best version of Rayman 2 released so far.
I agree with that.

But wait, it WAS 3D in the first place.
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

The thing is, we're all thinking of some sort of 3DS game, but everyone ( including me at first ) seems to forget the multiplatform tag. What if this is actually a multiplatform remake of Rayman 1... in 3D? That would be too awesome to be true of course, but you never know.
Of course the multiplatform thing could just mean that it's been released on other platforms before.
RayLums
Murfy
Tings: 80535

Post by RayLums »

Your, English forum, are so speed, I wanted write this topic myself when I see you already talk about it :P
Another Article about Rayman 3D in french but it very esay to translate. One in english :wink:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Drolpiraat wrote:The thing is, we're all thinking of some sort of 3DS game, but everyone ( including me at first ) seems to forget the multiplatform tag. What if this is actually a multiplatform remake of Rayman 1... in 3D? That would be too awesome to be true of course, but you never know.
Of course the multiplatform thing could just mean that it's been released on other platforms before.
That would be too much fantastic, but sadly I doubt it is a remake of Rayman 1 in 3D.
RayLums
Murfy
Tings: 80535

Post by RayLums »

I'll don't really like the idea about Rayman 1 in 3D. The Tittle Rayman 3D sobering...
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Drolpiraat wrote:The thing is, we're all thinking of some sort of 3DS game, but everyone ( including me at first ) seems to forget the multiplatform tag. What if this is actually a multiplatform remake of Rayman 1... in 3D? That would be too awesome to be true of course, but you never know.
I can’t say I’m a big fan of that idea. I love Rayman 1 the way it is and wouldn’t like to see its place in the series usurped by a 3D version. If they’re going to go to the trouble of creating a 3D game retelling the story of Rayman 1, why not just make Rayman 4 instead? Besides, ‘3D’ means ‘stereoscopic 3D’ these days; the ‘it uses polygons’ meaning has fallen out of use. The title ‘Rayman 3D’ just doesn’t seem like it would be used for a 3D Rayman game in 2011. Maybe ten years ago.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

You're right about that. What about the multiplatform tag then though?
Hedgehog673
Pink
Tings: 4705

Post by Hedgehog673 »

I think a 3D version of Rayman: Hoodlums Revenge would be cool. But, on the other hand, it would look much like Rayman 3, but it could seem as a 3DS version of Rayman 3, then.(Seeing as the GBA version of R3 were also very different than the original)
Current Rank: Heckler
Main coder of my team's main project, Rayman: Dark Era.