Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

DesLife
Froutch
Tings: 186263

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by DesLife »

spiral, please stop trolling frisco. Just ignore her.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I also share the same opinion as DesLife. You are going too far already. Why don't you just ignore her? It gets better for your image.

EDIT:

Have anyone noticed that either the Rayman Origins blog and UbiART blog are currently unacessible?

I believe they are having server problems or they are remodeling the website structure. But people already started to think that the game got canceled.

It is stupid how people are commenting lately in the game's trailer. Nowadays they already don't know what they want. Some complain they want a 3D sequel, others complain that Rayman Origins is 2D and because of that and the characters behaviour will be crap (They don't know how to read the blog, because it explains that the history will show how they become with the personality and role that we are familiar with.). People are taking too much quick conclusions without even trying out the game. Fantastic. Perhaps for them it would be better not existing any game and then I'm sure they would start to cry loudly that they want a new Rayman game. I hope Rayman Origins gets a such high quality that makes those incompetents to shut up forever.
Lijik
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lijik »

It was a server error, just about every Ubisoft site was down. They're all back up now.
Haruka wrote: but I'm sure that RR:TiT is the most poor Rabbids game of the entire series.
No, thats still 2.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

You mean RRR2? Even that's better than Travel in Time, honest to god.

I saw people spazzing out over the server errors earlier...wow.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Lijik
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lijik »

StaceyW wrote:You mean RRR2? Even that's better than Travel in Time, honest to god.
Honest to goodness no its not.
RRR2 is packed with repeating the exact same minigame with very minor changes, and the majority of the time those minigames consist of waggling the remote. Furthering out the padding, you have to play each trip at least twice to see all of the games in each region.
Outside of the FPS stages, it is the ugliest of the games, with the worst animation and an inconsistent art style.
Single player is absolutely dire as it doesn't include bots for some minigames clearly designed for four people.
The music never stands out and half of it is recycled from the first game.
The plotline is never wrapped up, and the game itself has no sense of completion.

It is the most rushed, padded, boring game in the series. Out of all of the games, this one is the most deliberate cash-in.
Nannerb3
El Luchador
Tings: 22135

Post by Nannerb3 »

I think Travel in Time was the best, though the fact it has 23 minigames altogether is kind of lame.
The first game had about, 75, I think?
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Greenbottle3 wrote:I think Travel in Time was the best, though the fact it has 23 minigames altogether is kind of lame.
Are you serious? Christ, I knew they were never trying to make a good game, but now they're deliberately ripping people off.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Lijik wrote:
StaceyW wrote:You mean RRR2? Even that's better than Travel in Time, honest to god.
Honest to goodness no its not.
RRR2 is packed with repeating the exact same minigame with very minor changes, and the majority of the time those minigames consist of waggling the remote. Furthering out the padding, you have to play each trip at least twice to see all of the games in each region.
Outside of the FPS stages, it is the ugliest of the games, with the worst animation and an inconsistent art style.
Single player is absolutely dire as it doesn't include bots for some minigames clearly designed for four people.
The music never stands out and half of it is recycled from the first game.
The plotline is never wrapped up, and the game itself has no sense of completion.

It is the most rushed, padded, boring game in the series. Out of all of the games, this one is the most deliberate cash-in.
Have you really tried out TiT?

Because RRR2 is by far better than TiT. RRTiT recycles all the mini-games into different scenearies and stories.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

I wonder if other Rayman 1 characters are going to be redesigned to fit in with the other games, like Betilla and the Livingstones. The stone men would be a good choice imo, and so would the Magician. Maybe even Joe as well, even if he originally had a small role.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

El Dango wrote:I wonder if other Rayman 1 characters are going to be redesigned to fit in with the other games, like Betilla and the Livingstones. The stone men would be a good choice imo, and so would the Magician. Maybe even Joe as well, even if he originally had a small role.
My biggest wonder is if Mr. Dark will appear or not. And what kind of look will he have if it gets confirmed.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

The home planet of Joe the Extra-Terrestrial was destroyed by the Robo-Pirates. They enslaved his entire race. He is the only one who managed to escape, and the Glade of Dreams was the only refuge he could find. Look into his eyes. See his misery.

This would be an excellent way of tying Rayman 1 together with Rayman 2, and it would make perfect logical sense. If only UbiArt would think of it.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Oh well... they promised a lot of surprises in Rayman Origins.

I'll be looking forward to see that.
Nannerb3
El Luchador
Tings: 22135

Post by Nannerb3 »

They won't let me go onto the RO website. Hopefully they're giving us more news.
Cairnie
Murfy

Post by Cairnie »

It's under maintenance right now. All websites go through that once in a while.

so wuz old psn banner

Rayzorbeard Origins
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

Post by Rayzorbeard Origins »

StaceyW wrote:It's under maintenance right now. All websites go through that once in a while.
Does that mean I should abandon all hope of new information once the site comes back from maintenance after waiting almost a year for real news? Darn.
A fan of Rayman, Rabbids and other Ubisoft franchises alike.

On Saturday, April 9th 2011, I finished Rayman 2! Finally! It took me about a week to finish, but that's mostly because I barely played any during the week, most of it was during weekends. The actual amount of time it took me was probably 6-8 hours total, give or take.
Rayzorbeard Origins
Lums Vert

I just went back to the blog and guess what? Nuthin'.

On Saturday, April 9th 2011, I finished Rayman 2! Finally! It took me about a week to finish, but that's mostly because I barely played any during the week, most of it was during weekends. The actual amount of time it took me was probably 6-8 hours total, give or take.
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

Rayzorbeard don't doublepost please~ [/wannabemod]

It'll be back eventually, try again~
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Shouldn't exist news now in February? Or maybe we only have them during Summer. Or perhaps I'm rushing things.
Rayzorbeard Origins
Lums Vert

MLII wrote:Rayzorbeard don't doublepost please~ [/wannabemod]

It'll be back eventually, try again~
Actually MLII, what I meant was the site WAS back up when I went there, but there were no updates to be found.

Cairnie
Murfy

Post by Cairnie »

No need to freak out about it dudes either way, updates don't just appear after the site's gotten back up from downtime, they appear whenever.

so wuz old psn banner