Rayman level you hate most?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Rayman level you hate most?

Post by Adsolution »

Fauch wrote:the cave of bad dreams is not scary :shock:
Indeed. Like most things in the Rayman universe, it's meant to be cheesy.
PsychoTeensie
Piranha
Tings: 105

Post by PsychoTeensie »

I've always had the hardest time with the Cave of Skops, especially Eat At Joe's ... by the time I've lost about 50 or so lives, I just wanna deck that E.T.! I don't have too much trouble with Picture City except one spot around Space Mama's Crater (of course, that pales in comparison to my hate of the boss herself at the end of those levels. Oh, the lives she's wasted! :pascontent: ) I do have some problems getting through Blue Mountains in some areas, too... but outside it all, the Cave of Skops wins for hardest levels in my book!
Sadly, I have never played Ray 2 or Ray 3 :( (too poor to afford it, but I've watched the walkthroughs on Youtube) so I can't form my opinion there.
Please go here for my various adoptable site links!
Thank you lots!

Holy crap! Is that... hey! Grab him before he vanishes!
SanteriEdelweiss
Ugly
Tings: 725

Post by SanteriEdelweiss »

I don't hate any in general. Well, I could say that I'm bored of the Hoodlum HQ though...

Also hated fighting Reflux, despite that I can beat him blindfolded now...
I may be weird, but do give me space to fit in....

dondu97
Feuillu
Tings: 1680

Post by dondu97 »

Rayman 1 - Space Mama's Crater

Rayman 2 - Tomb of the Ancients but used to hate the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire

Rayman 3 - The Land of the Livid Dead (takes too long)

Rayman Origins - The levels where you have to hover in the winds (Tricky Winds and Wind or Lose)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

The toughest Rayman Origins levels for me are the ones with Moskitos, especially from Moody Clouds. These are hell if you want to get a Lums Medal all alone.
Rayrobi
Aline Louïa
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

Haruka wrote:The toughest Rayman Origins levels for me are the ones with Moskitos, especially from Moody Clouds. These are hell if you want to get a Lums Medal all alone.
Indeed, it was A HELL untill i got the - max - score of 442 lums in Riding the Storm. And i still have to do Shooting for the stars, and get 1000 lums in why so crabby, which may take about 1 and a half or even 2 hours away from my life. :mefiant: :hinhin:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:The toughest Rayman Origins levels for me are the ones with Moskitos, especially from Moody Clouds. These are hell if you want to get a Lums Medal all alone.
Thanks. The Moody Clouds Moskito level made me want to destroy my own personal computer. It was hell on a stick.
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Honestly I found that moskito level to be much easier on PC than on PS3. I'm much more accurate with a keyboard.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Agreed, when I do Moskito levels, I often call upon my siblings, it's much easier and more enjoyable that way.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I swear I had hard time in my first gameplay, in PS3 version back in December, to get the Lums Medals in both Moskito levels of Moody Clouds. Ubisoft was not joking. I also took a while to pass in the Wii, with the Pro Classic Controller. It will probably be easier in PC version since I'm more used to keyboards.
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Haruka wrote:I swear I had hard time in my first gameplay, in PS3 version back in December, to get the Lums Medals in both Moskito levels of Moody Clouds. Ubisoft was not joking. I also took a while to pass in the Wii, with the Pro Classic Controller. It will probably be easier in PC version since I'm more used to keyboards.
It definitely is. PC is where I beat the land of the livid dead on for the first time, in about half an hour time. I enjoyed it a lot.
Louvis
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9935

Post by Louvis »

I haven't played Rayman 1 yet, so I can't tell here (lol Louve Y U still here)

Rayman 2 - the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire (damn you, plums!) and the Prison Ship (the only one level I play with cheats, I die way too often here)

Rayman 3 - I really can't decide, since I actually like this game a lot - fight me. I'll go with the Desert of the Knaaren, these guys are annoying sometimes...and their taunts(?), Leptys damn it SHUT YOUR NOISE I'm trying to save world and that "hurp durp gon' eat yo' brain" of yours is not helping at all; oh, also getting decent score in every level, does it count?

Rayman Origins - the Mecha no Mistake time trial (I finally got a trophy after few days of playing only that one level and trying to memorize the best path) and that Shoot for the Stars level (geting 350 lums ain't big deal for me - trying to beat Rayrobi's score is)
Last edited by Louvis on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm on yer forumz, butcherin' yer grammar.
Tumblr! | DeviantArt!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I'd be hard-pressed not to find any other level to hate as much as Space Mama's Crater or Rayman 1.

For Rayman 2, well, it used to be the Sanctuary Of Stone and Fire, but...well, my skills at Rayman 2 have improved to the point where I've become accustomed to it's methods, though the walking shell part in the wrong temple still is off-putting, luckily, it has respawnable red lums, so a try again is rather difficult to come by.

Rayman 3, probably the Longest Shortcut, whilst it's refreshing to have some nifty platforming, without any other distractions, it can become a bit tedious and boring.

As for Origins, the aforementioned Moskito levels can be hard to get lum medals for if you're playing alone, but they're not too bad if you're playing with friends. Disregarding the Moskito levels, I'd say that the Mecha No Mistake level is annoying to time trial, but then again, the last treasure chase was no walk in the park either, it took me about half an hour to complete!

EDIT: Seems like I've expressed myself on the matter before, with little change in opinion, oops:
Master4lyf1 wrote:Rayman 1 - Space Mama's Crater, the epitome of the hell that is Picture City, the climax of the difficulties Rayman 1 will throw.

Rayman 2 - The Fairy Glade (I don't HATE it), whenever I load up my 100% Rayman 2 for fun, this level is the least likely to be replayed, it's fun, but it didn't really have a big gimmick to help it stick out

Rayman 3 - The Longest Shortcut (again, I don't hate it), I understand that a break from the action is necessary, but to have this much excessive platforming is a bit too much, I'd rather have platforming and action in nice neat chunks and not a huge chunk of Platforming or Action.

Rayman Origins - Mecha No Mistake, it's not too bad if you're just doing a normal run, but for Time Trials, the title speaks for itself...
Hoodlum1
Knaaren
Tings: 5940

Post by Hoodlum1 »

Sanctuary of stone and fire!!
It literally took me 2 months to find out there was a cage on the roof :mefiant:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Whoa, really? I remember well, that cage is one of the most well hidden cages of the game.
Hoodlum1
Knaaren

Post by Hoodlum1 »

Yeah i know haha i face palmed big
Sanctuary of stone and fire was hell.. literally
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Hoodlum1 wrote:Yeah i know haha i face palmed big
I think the Cave of Bad Dreams is more of a literal Hell: Polokus = God; Jano = Satan.

But that cage was the last one I found as well.
Hoodlum1
Knaaren

Post by Hoodlum1 »

RayFan9876 wrote:
I think the Cave of Bad Dreams is more of a literal Hell: Polokus = God; Jano = Satan.

Indeed BUT!! The Cave of Bad Dreams could be classified as Purgatory; all the monsters go there :winkgrin: haven't you seen supernatural
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Hoodlum1 wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:

Indeed BUT!! The Cave of Bad Dreams could be classified as Purgatory; all the monsters go there :winkgrin: haven't you seen supernatural
No, and considering the fact that I haven't heard of it, it must not have made a very striking point. :P
Hoodlum1
Knaaren

Post by Hoodlum1 »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Hoodlum1 wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:

No, and considering the fact that I haven't heard of it, it must not have made a very striking point. :P
Darn! I thought i was onto something there.. :hehe: I suggest you should look into it its a good show :proud: