Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Haruka »

Bzzit wrote:Did you play the one on IOS? That port was almost unplayable due to the horrific touch screen controls, I couldn't even get past the marsh's of awakening LOL then a year later I got the 3DS port and that controlled beautifully an underrated port imo, though I'm sure they could have made it a port of rayman revolution just look how well ocarina of time translated to the 3DS! :P
I tried twice the iOS version. It only gets worse than the DS version with the controls, I took maybe 15 minutes to mid-hour to pass the Woods of Light.

About the R2 discussion, I am balanced in Rayman Revolution. I like the extra stuff they did, but at the same time I think there's something wrong with it. I admit the first time I played Revolution it was confusing arriving to the levels I had to go, and to understand the whole changes they did to the levels. Curiously the classic Rayman 2 never tires me out, while RR takes me a lot of "energy". I don't know if I'm clear. I also have no problems with the PS1 Rayman 2, I particularly like the dialogues with the guardians, the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire modifications, the overall modifications in the levels, the Crow's Nest alternative battle and the R2 Prototype mini-game.

@Mammoth I'll have to disagree. I see much more problems in Rayman Revolution than in PC version. PC version is the most stable Rayman 2 that exists, while the perfection is at the Dreamcast version.

About the new gameplay footage, I still think the game seems to be much more improved in the gameplay in such way that I'm sure that at the moment that the game gets launched everybody will put Rayman Origins in a corner and forget about it. I really feel more Rayman 2 magic in this new game, even if this is just a E3 sample (As I said before, it is much satisfatory rescuing Teensies around the landscape than going to a "secret" room and having to watch the Electoons "yays" with the very same animation sequences, not to mention that the Electoons yellings get annoying at a point [3DS, anyone?]). I hope it doesn't disappoint the veteran fans like many of us around here.

About the new pictures, they look beautiful. I think I'll swap my laptop's image right away.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Hopefully there won’t be any Lum Kings in this game. The way their repetitive babbling displaced the music in Rayman Origins was annoying to the point that I just wished they weren’t there.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:I tried twice the iOS version. It only gets worse than the DS version with the controls, I took maybe 15 minutes to mid-hour to pass the Woods of Light.
I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs that the controls are fine, but that's not exactly the point anymore, and apparently most people don't think so.
spiraldoor wrote:Hopefully there won’t be any Lum Kings in this game. The way their repetitive babbling displaced the music in Rayman Origins was annoying to the point that I just wished they weren’t there.
I purposely avoided them. But the game is so linear and fast paced it's actually difficult not to hit every bonus along the way.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

spiraldoor wrote:Hopefully there won’t be any Lum Kings in this game. The way their repetitive babbling displaced the music in Rayman Origins was annoying to the point that I just wished they weren’t there.
It's much worse when the sound in those parts is slowed down for some unknown reason. Does anyone else have that by the way?
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Haruka wrote:I tried twice the iOS version. It only gets worse than the DS version with the controls, I took maybe 15 minutes to mid-hour to pass the Woods of Light.
I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs that the controls are fine, but that's not exactly the point anymore, and apparently most people don't think so.
Maybe your iOS is very touch-sensitive :mryellow:? I swear by Polokus I did have problems to control Rayman.
I think the Electoons yellings are worse than the Lum Kings. The 3DS demo of RO is top example.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Mammothphant 2 wrote:@ R2 discussion: For me the best Rayman game and also maybe the best game in the world is Rayman Revolution, which doesnt recreate the already amazing Rayman 2 (PC version), but makes it better by fixing its problems.
Oh good lord.
@Mammophat Did you seriously just say Revolution was the best version of R2? :tssk:
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

One thing I like in Revolution is the longevity: it takes twice the time to complete it for pro players (8 hours instead of 4 in classical R2, while the PS1 version takes 3 since it is shorter) but at the same time, the way it is done makes the gameplay more tiring. I think this is why I prefer to play more times the classical R2s than Rayman Revolution. I already lost the count the number of times I've played the classical Rayman 2, while RR I think I only played 4 or 5 times 100%.
Mammothphant 2
Poilu
Tings: 2107

Post by Mammothphant 2 »

I agree a lot. I avoid collecting Lum Kings because exactly the same reason. No matter if i play with my friend and try to get more Lums, i just get the Skull coins.

@ Rulez and El Dango: I also want to hear more heavy metal/rock tracks. Fits great in Raymans universe. Much better than disco.

@ Rayfist: Yes, it is in my opinion, i already told why.

@ Haruka: I lost the count the number of times a long ago in both Rayman 2 and 3. Ive beaten them both soooo many times. And i still do. Well what would you expect, those games are timeless for me and im a big Rayman fan. Im probably still playing them here and there when ill be a grandpa. XD

I still dunno how to add more quotes from other prievous posts, thats why i wrote like this.
Last edited by Mammothphant 2 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haruka wrote:Maybe your iOS is very touch-sensitive :mryellow:? I swear by Polokus I did have problems to control Rayman.
I've always involuntarily kept my stuff in very good condition, but it also might be because I played it on a 4th gen iPod Touch, and now and iPhone 4S. They might have improved the touch screen a bit, I'm not sure.
Rayfist wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
Mammothphant 2 wrote:@ R2 discussion: For me the best Rayman game and also maybe the best game in the world is Rayman Revolution, which doesnt recreate the already amazing Rayman 2 (PC version), but makes it better by fixing its problems.
Oh good lord.
@Mammophat Did you seriously just say Revolution was the best version of R2? :tssk:
I don't have a problem with someone saying it's the 'best version of Rayman 2,' but calling it the 'best game in the world' is a little too much. I know it's a little odd that I consider Rayman 2 to be one of the best games of all time but even though my favourite version is Revolution I don't consider Revolution to be one of the best games of all time, but Revolution honestly seems to have a smaller level of dignity than the original did. It's my favourite because it's the most in-depth version, but I still present the Dreamcast version as a representative of the title.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Perculiar. I quite liked the Electoon-cage dance and the Lum King songs. Then again, I have an extremely high tolerance for repetiveness - yes I can be annoyed, but I'm triggered by other things than most people. However, I can imagine quite well why you'd dislike the sequences. Like I said before (I think), I've already lost my 'Rayman feel' for the series ever since the Rabbids came out - perhaps even ever since I started R3 - I don't expect the series to ever return to the feel of any of the other games and have taken each new Rayman game as its own way of telling a story with the same characters, but through various means. Rayman 1 was cartoonesque and wonderful, R2 dark and mystical, R3 immature and large, RO damnright potty-humoured (but funny if you're in the right mood), fast-paced and epic at times, though not quite as epic as any of the other games. RL will probably be no exception to this seemingly consistent rule of throwing away any old ideas and embracing entirely new ones. However, I think it will bear a strong resemblance to RO, since it's still powered by UbiArt (right?) and it seems to follow the same basic mechanisms, from what I can tell from the 'trailers'.

The only thing I'll keep rejecting is Globox's new shiny shade. It just makes him look like a tin can!

Also, I'm not sure if metal music fits the Rayman world so well per se, but in this case, the Land of the Livid Dead could really do well with some, as some other medieval-themed levels - though I would rather have surreal or bardesque music in those areas.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Haruka wrote:Maybe your iOS is very touch-sensitive :mryellow:? I swear by Polokus I did have problems to control Rayman.
I've always involuntarily kept my stuff in very good condition, but it also might be because I played it on a 4th gen iPod Touch, and now and iPhone 4S. They might have improved the touch screen a bit, I'm not sure.
Rayfist wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
Oh good lord.
I don't have a problem with someone saying it's the 'best version of Rayman 2,' but calling it the 'best game in the world' is a little too much. I know it's a little odd that I consider Rayman 2 to be one of the best games of all time but even though my favourite version is Revolution I don't consider Revolution to be one of the best games of all time, but Revolution honestly seems to have a smaller level of dignity than the original did. It's my favourite because it's the most in-depth version, but I still present the Dreamcast version as a representative of the title.
Revolution is a great game. I say its better then the PC and the PS1 version.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

I hate how everybody says "revolution is the best version of R2" though, the Dreamcast version seemed MUCH better to me.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

And I hate how everybody talks about Rayman 2 ports instead of Rayman Legends in Rayman Legends' topic.

YAY no bubblisation! That and the deletion of the dance animation after breaking every cage are great improvememnts for me.
And I actually hadn't noticed any of those :boon:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayfist wrote:I hate how everybody says "revolution is the best version of R2" though, the Dreamcast version seemed MUCH better to me.
That's because you care about the coherence of the game, which was Revolution's main problem, while the Dreamcast version was an enhanced yet coherent remake of the original Rayman 2.

As concerns Legends, I actually like the characters' new shades. They seem to have chosen a new art style after Origins, and it looks pretty good so far.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

TeensieKing wrote:YAY no bubblisation! That and the deletion of the dance animation after breaking every cage are great improvememnts for me.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the latest screenshots show clearly that bubblization is alive and well.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

For those not in the know, the official website is now open: http://www.rayman-legends.com
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I screencapped the logo from the site, removed the black background and uploaded it to the Wiki, so now we have this to put on the portal:

Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Nice website. I like also the story. I'll write it up here:
Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

...That sounds like the plot of some fanfic I would write during my 12yo days :0

...I like it
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
Did anyone else immediately think of Super Mario 64?