Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Earth Gwee
Ly
Tings: 214170

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Earth Gwee »

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it was not Montpellier.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

IGN have Paris listed as the Dev: http://uk.ign.com/games/rayman-3/ps2-15124
As does Wikipedia (though I know it isn't the most reliable of sources): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft_Paris
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

Rulez wrote:Don't dodge the question. Relevant to what?
Uh? I didn't dodge anything, you little faggot, I just forgot that he asked me something :P mainly because I was too focused on Murfy
:oops2:

Well, here's the thing....
Rayman 1 brings the original characters and settings
Rayman 2 brings new characters that would later make important appearances in later games. It also brings the Knowledge of the World.
Rayman Origins connects the universe of Rayman 1 and Rayman 2, giving it more sense and consistance. Goth Teensy and other characters are introduced and make appearances in later games (Jungle Run and Legends) The Magician betrays everyone, which could affect later games..

Rayman 3 brings a world that is considerably similar to the previous, but with completely different character development and situations that just don't affect later games at all. Just... Hoodlums appear and then go away, that's it, nothing really new or relevant is learned about Rayman's universe that hasn't been seen in previous games. Yeah, there are some new locations and new characters, but they're never seen again, or even mentioned. It's like everything that happened during the events of Rayman 3 doesn't matter anymore. Even Murfy is reminiscent to his personality from Rayman 2... just a smily guy who flies around happily.

Guys, I haven't checked, still no signal of the dojo?
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

I will FINALLY reach level 4 awesomeness tomorrow, seriously took me a while to catch up with the others. :lol:
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

And I reached level 6 today. :P
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

Haruka wrote:And I reached level 6 today. :P
You monster. :shock:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Eh, thanks? :oops2:
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

Haruka wrote:
TeensieKing wrote:Diamond cup! I hope I don't get beaten out of the top 10!
Jesus christ, how did you do to have 24 seconds? :o
Haha friend collaboration!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

As I expected.

Sadly I can't get a better time than mine by myself.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

I've been trying the app. Fancy fun! I got 23.99 on the speed challenge from yesterday but only got a bronze. Anyone know how one should have gotten a better score? Cause I did some really good speed jumping with that one. :P
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Raven_Guardian
Moussu
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

sergiomonty wrote:
Rulez wrote:Don't dodge the question. Relevant to what?
Uh? I didn't dodge anything, you little faggot, I just forgot that he asked me something :P mainly because I was too focused on Murfy
:oops2:

Well, here's the thing....
Rayman 1 brings the original characters and settings
Rayman 2 brings new characters that would later make important appearances in later games. It also brings the Knowledge of the World.
Rayman Origins connects the universe of Rayman 1 and Rayman 2, giving it more sense and consistance. Goth Teensy and other characters are introduced and make appearances in later games (Jungle Run and Legends) The Magician betrays everyone, which could affect later games..

Rayman 3 brings a world that is considerably similar to the previous, but with completely different character development and situations that just don't affect later games at all. Just... Hoodlums appear and then go away, that's it, nothing really new or relevant is learned about Rayman's universe that hasn't been seen in previous games. Yeah, there are some new locations and new characters, but they're never seen again, or even mentioned. It's like everything that happened during the events of Rayman 3 doesn't matter anymore. Even Murfy is reminiscent to his personality from Rayman 2... just a smily guy who flies around happily.

Guys, I haven't checked, still no signal of the dojo?
Ancel intended for the original Rabbid game to have Rayman and André joining against the rabbids. It would have made of Rayman 3 some relevance.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Raven_Guardian wrote:Ancel intended for the original Rabbid game to have Rayman and André joining against the rabbids. It would have made of Rayman 3 some relevance.
I'm glad that didn't happen. That would have made everything even more questionable. André going soft and joining the good guys?
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

It wasn't André, it was an old enemy of Rayman's and his girlfriend. I found Razorbeard to be a much more likely option.
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

Well, André would've probably been that old enemy if you ask me. But Ancel didn't say anything about Rayman and him teaming up and the enemy becoming good. Maybe he would've had to just work with Rayman to stay alive, but would've stayed reluctant and mean and wouldn't have converted to good despite the team-up. Also, what about the chick of the enemy, presumably André?
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

I'd say Razorbeard, seeing as Ancel was more satisfied with Rayman 2 and had little to do (well maybe I'm exaggerating) with Rayman 3.
Raven_Guardian
Moussu

Post by Raven_Guardian »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA7dgAChQgA

here a french interview about Rayman raving Rabbids
4:45 "On va retrouver beaucoup de personnages de Rayman 3, André nottament [...] Il va y avoir une collaboration entre André et Rayman[...] une collaboration forcée mais ils vont peut-être devenir les meilleurs amis du monde""

loose translation:

"Lots of characters from Rayman 3 will come back including André [..] There will be an alliance between André and Rayman [...] It won't be easy for them to get along but maybe they'll end becomind the best friends".
Last edited by Raven_Guardian on Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

I stand corrected.
Raven_Guardian
Moussu

Post by Raven_Guardian »

[quote="Raven_Guardian"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA7dgAChQgA

here a french interview about Rayman raving Rabbids
4:45 "On va retrouver beaucoup de personnages de Rayman 3, André nottament [...] Il va y avoir une collaboration entre André et Rayman[...] une collaboration forcée mais ils vont peut-être devenir les meilleurs amis du monde"

loose translation:

"Lots of characters from Rayman 3 will come back including Rayman [..] There will be an alliance between André and Rayman".[...] It would'nt be easy for them to get along but maybe they'll end becomind the best friends"
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Okay, I get it.
Raven_Guardian
Moussu

Post by Raven_Guardian »

shit. I tried to edit my post but i quoted instead. :evil: