Rayman emulation

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Re: The Emulation Thread

Post by Snagglebee »

Now it looks much better now, but I am still stuck in the UbiSoft Logo.

Exact the same issue when my first and second Rayman 1 CD broke in those days ._.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Then you need to download a different ROM, I guess.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Didn't worked either. I noticed on your fix-video, haruka, that you have v1.7.0 installed so i tryed v1.7.0 and it finally worked. Now there are laggs during gameplay! :x should i try using another graphics plugin?
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

If the game is lagging, try to change a little the graphical options to lower settings.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

uff, everything were easier if I still had my ps2 :tssk:
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I am gonna success running Saturn Version from Emulator and it will work ;)
Will make video too. I know one Emulator that can play Rayman Saturn Version :D
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Are you talking about Yabause or SFF?
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3130

Post by Robotic Teensie »

I recently downloaded Bluestacks, an Android emulator... I hoped I could run Rayman Jungle Run on it. Unfortunately the emulator is incredibly slow :/
I then tried VirtualBox - I wanted to run a virtual instance of Windows 8 - but my CPU doesn't support hardware virtualization so that's not possible either :(
I'll get a new laptop soon though - and it'll surely have Windows 8 on it. :)
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Post by TFDS »

Robotic Teensie wrote:I recently downloaded Bluestacks, an Android emulator... I hoped I could run Rayman Jungle Run on it. Unfortunately the emulator is incredibly slow :/
I then tried VirtualBox - I wanted to run a virtual instance of Windows 8 - but my CPU doesn't support hardware virtualization so that's not possible either :(
I'll get a new laptop soon though - and it'll surely have Windows 8 on it. :)
This is very weird.
For me,the game works fine,only the music is slow.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

He said his pc doesn't support Hardware Virtualization. What do you expect from a PC without Hardware Virtualization?!
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Haruka wrote:Are you talking about Yabause or SFF?
I was talking about Cassini Emulator but it seems that Emulator does not work on Windows 7

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

emshomar wrote:He said his pc doesn't support Hardware Virtualization. What do you expect from a PC without Hardware Virtualization?!
You're probably confused with "hardware acceleration". The lack of "virtualization" means you'll have reduced emulation capabilities. That's totally different from "acceleration", which allows your system to do certain stuff faster.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I tried bluestacks and Jungle Run works but sound is slow and I have good computer. Any idea how to fix sound? I would like to lets play Jungle Run on YouTube and sound is stopping me. Other then sound, game speed is good

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Post by TFDS »

I think it is not possible to fix the sound in Bluestacks.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

That sucks. Is there any better Android emulator for PC?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

Try this:

Launch the Windows Registry Editor (open the Start menu and type "regedit"- press enter). Go to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/BlueStacks/Guests/Android. The Android key has numerous values, one of which is named Memory (its type is REG_DWORD). This value determines how much RAM Bluestacks uses, and the default setting is 0x300 (it's hexadecimal; it means 768 MB). You can set it higher so Bluestacks can use more memory - but don't go overboard with this setting.

Close all other programs and launch Bluestacks.

Start the Task Manager (press ctrl+alt+del, click on "Start Task Manager") and go to the Processes tab. Look for the following processes: HD-adb.exe, HD-Agent.exe, HD-BlockDevice.exe, HD-Frontend.exe, and HD-Service.exe. Right-click on each of those processes, go to "Set Priority", and change that to "Above Normal" (and if that doesn't work you could try "High" too). Click the "Show processes from all users" button at the bottom of Task Manager if you can't see the above processes.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

How much ram is recommanded to fix sound? And what to type in regedit?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

Well how much RAM does your PC have? Try giving Bluestacks as much as possible (therefore close all other programs). But don't give it all of your RAM - leave something like 1 GB for the OS. I have 3 GB so I doubled the value to 0x600 (1536 MB).

Once you're in regedit, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, then the SOFTWARE folder, then the BlueStacks folder, then the Guests folder, then click on the Android folder. Then look at the right part of your screen. You'll see a lot of entries... look for the one that has a name of "memory", then double-click on that and type something into the "Value data" textbox. Use the hexadecimal/decimal radio buttons to choose whether the number you typed in is a hex value or a decimal value.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Thanks alot, I will try this when I come home, so this made Jungle run run perfect on your PC?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

No, it still ran very slowly, but my laptop is slow anyway... the sound was slow but the game itself too. That's what you get when your system has first generation Intel HD Graphics... :(