Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Haruka »

The Amazing Maze was the other one that also gave me lots of trouble. The others were relatively easier though.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

The Amazing Maze as a level itself also gave me trouble. I ended up looking a walkthrough on YouTube.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Plejadenwolf
Céloche
Tings: 7090

Post by Plejadenwolf »

Drolpiraat wrote:
OldClassicGamer wrote:I also was expecting Magician to have bigger role. I mean I do prefer his R1 persona, but his RO persona is still something interesting. I was hoping RL would have cutscenes as well, giving detailed backstory of Magician and stuff like that.
Yeah, that would have been cool. I only expected something to happen when the 5 Dark Teensies were reunited. Wouldn't it have been epic if there was one final level that took place on the moon where you would have to fight the 5 Dark Teensies, transformed into one big boss, say, Mr Dark? (not that I expected that much) It would have been quite a bit more rewarding.
Hm, not a bad idea. But I think Mr. Dark is just too epic in my opinion of being just a transformation of 5 identically looking Teensies. He will ever be the dark guy whose identity is just the one of Mr. Dark.

For the game they could have developed a real opponent (like Dark Rayman in Revenge of the Dark). Maybe a female character this time? Think about a Dark Fairy who looks very attractive and tricks Rayman with her attractiveness. A clever and dangerous foe with an almost twisted mind, you don't know what her plans are and she tries to persuade Rayman with played friendliness which covers her real intentions.

Just think about a scene where Rayman is bewitched from her and she catches him with the famous tendrils and she says something like: "Oh, I hope you don't want to hurt me, won't you?" and Rayman can't get his eyes from her. Later he has to trick her and the player just thinks he'll be tricked again by her. Her plan is only revealed in the late game and you won't get much information about in the beginning. Something like this would bring some refreshing elements into the story and universe of Rayman. But I can't get over that 5 Teensie Magician thing in Legends, it just could have been that much more. It would be okay with 5 different Teensies whom you have to kick their asses.

The bosses were okay in Legends, it was good that they didn't include something like the ridiculous Mocking Bird in Legends. But they aren't as legendary as the bosses from Rayman 1 in my opinion. They don't even have real names in the games they're just there waiting to get kicked by you.

I agree, something more rewarding would be cool. But the last boss in Olympus Maximus was awesome in my opinion when it comes to atmosphere. I liked the style of the Darktoons in Legends, they reminded me of the Langoliers in the Stephen King film of the same name.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

OldClassicGamer wrote: Like Adsolution said, Back then, console versions were always better because not many people had strong computers in their homes (I did not have it as well) so they had to downgrade the PC version. Aside from that exclusive part in Band Land, everything else in PC version is weaker then in Saturn and PS1 version. Sound effects, Animations, heck, some PC versions did not even include opening. If emshomar did not create the patch, I don't think I would touch PC version ever again.
Hmm, the PC version I have does have an opening, and the game ran well on my 486 system, but the only thing I noticed in comparison was the PS1 version did have fog effects. lol
Rayman fan2000
Barbara
Tings: 10530

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

The amazing maze wasn't hard for me at all. I don't know what you guys are talking about, although I didn't do the invaded one yet.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hoodcom wrote:
OldClassicGamer wrote: Like Adsolution said, Back then, console versions were always better because not many people had strong computers in their homes (I did not have it as well) so they had to downgrade the PC version. Aside from that exclusive part in Band Land, everything else in PC version is weaker then in Saturn and PS1 version. Sound effects, Animations, heck, some PC versions did not even include opening. If emshomar did not create the patch, I don't think I would touch PC version ever again.
Hmm, the PC version I have does have an opening, and the game ran well on my 486 system, but the only thing I noticed in comparison was the PS1 version did have fog effects. lol
If memory serves, the sound effects and tracks weren't of the same quality as the PS1 version, I'm not sure whether or not their resolutions differ though...
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Plejadenwolf wrote: "Oh, I hope you don't want to hurt me, won't you?"
:tssk:
Plejadenwolf wrote: But I can't get over that 5 Teensie Magician thing in Legends, it just could have been that much more.
Like six :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

This tech site I follow had this to say about Legends: http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2013/ ... s-review/2
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I thought the final boss was a bit stupid when I first saw the video, but on reflection after experiencing the game it's actually really cool. It would've been a lot better if we'd been given more information on what exactly that creature is, what force is driving it, and how it fits into Rayman's world, but the concept is definitely interesting, and the location is suitably epic (in the actual sense of the word).

[Didn't some of the track names suggest it was somehow Hades?]
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

spiraldoor wrote:I thought the final boss was a bit stupid when I first saw the video, but on reflection after experiencing the game it's actually really cool. It would've been a lot better if we'd been given more information on what exactly that creature is, what force is driving it, and how it fits into Rayman's world, but the concept is definitely interesting, and the location is suitably epic (in the actual sense of the word).

[Didn't some of the track names suggest it was somehow Hades?]
Yes, that is correct. It is [Hades.]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
TheTempurmental
Mouru
Tings: 3930

Post by TheTempurmental »

The only boss so far that I didn't like very much was the Toad Boss, I felt it wasn't as interesting or exciting as the other bosses. Maybe because it was too easy, I dunno.

EDIT: http://gengame.net/2013/09/rumor-ubisof ... urce=pubv1

Rayman Fiesta Run... why am I not surprised?
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

@Spiral I actually liked the boss battles from 20000 Lums Under the Sea and Olympus Maximus, at least for the last case it wasn't as easy as it seemed in the video.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Yes, that is correct. It is [Hades.]
If so, it's a bit strange that he's composed entirely of angry little furballs.
Haruka wrote:@Spiral I actually liked the boss battles from 20000 Lums Under the Sea and Olympus Maximus, at least for the last case it wasn't as easy as it seemed in the video.
I can't remember many of the boss battles that clearly. There are so many giant dragons and serpents in this game that they all kind of blur together. I did like the Fiesta de los Muertos one though.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

You also liked the Luchador? :D I found it one of the funniest, but I couldn't avoid remembering the Tiki Tong king from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

spiraldoor wrote:
OldClassicGamer wrote:Yes, that is correct. It is [Hades.]
If so, it's a bit strange that he's composed entirely of angry little furballs..
It is but we can't do anything about it :lol:

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Hmmm, I don't think it was [ Hades ], much by the contrary, we can clearly see it is those dark furball creatures.

By the way, in the first level of Olympus Maximus, could it be that [ Zeus is the one who is zapping our character? He's a god that is linked with the use of lightning bolts. ]
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Does seem that way, things like that are exactly why I'd like it if Legends had some story elements behind it.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Haruka wrote:You also liked the Luchador? :D I found it one of the funniest, but I couldn't avoid remembering the Tiki Tong king from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
The battle was a lot of fun, and the obstacles and enemies that get thrown at us give it some nice variety. I thought the luchador's design was an interesting riff on Clark the Giant, and the way he left his eyes behind when he fell was like something straight out of Rayman 1.
Haruka wrote:Hmmm, I don't think it was [ Hades ], much by the contrary, we can clearly see it is those dark furball creatures.

By the way, in the first level of Olympus Maximus, could it be that [ Zeus is the one who is zapping our character? He's a god that is linked with the use of lightning bolts. ]
It's definitely implied that it's him, and I could've sworn that the name was used somewhere, maybe by Ancel in that slideshow presentation he gave a few weeks back.
Raven_Guardian
Moussu
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

So [both Zeus and Hades try to kill us] but [Olympia's description says she had been choosen by the Gods to help Rayman]? How does it work?
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I don't remember at which point the name is used, but I believe the name of the boss level is a literal description of what we see in it.

EDIT: It can happen that Olympia is like Hercules, she was a mortal chosen by the gods.