Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Rayfist »

I found none of the invasion levels that hard, just took me few tries, and infiltration station was certainly the most difficult for me, I didn't have too many problems on amazing maze.

@Adsolution 180 teensies? Dude... if I were you I'd revisit all the levels and collect all the teensies you missed, every level I went through I didn't leave a single teensie behind, and if I did I'd just restart the level and find it second attempt.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Raven_Guardian
Moussu
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

My question is: on which side are the gods [since at least two of them are against rayman yet Olympia's description implies the gods want Rayman to save the world.]
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Haruka wrote:EDIT: It can happen that Olympia is like Hercules, she was a mortal chosen by the gods.
Not exactly – Hercules was Zeus's bastard son by a mortal woman.
Raven_Guardian wrote:My question is: on which side are the gods [since at least two of them are against rayman yet Olympia's description implies the gods want Rayman to save the world.]
The real answer is that the developers couldn't be arsed to provide a coherent story, but you could rationalise it simply by saying that there's a dispute between the gods. This isn't at all uncommon in the mythology.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:
Haruka wrote:EDIT: It can happen that Olympia is like Hercules, she was a mortal chosen by the gods.
Not exactly – Hercules was Zeus's bastard son by a mortal woman.
You're right, I said it badly :oops2:, this is embarassing.
Bionichute
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

Oooh, Rayman Fiesta Run? If it's as good as Jungle Run, I'm sure as hell getting it!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Bionichute wrote:Oooh, Rayman Fiesta Run? If it's as good as Jungle Run, I'm sure as hell getting it!
Apparently is a real thing: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/06/ ... iesta-run/

Funny enough today I was looking to my tablet and wondering if there would be a sequel like Rayman Castle Run or similar.

EDIT: Someone must have played RL until exaustion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsxZUdnBw2c
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Fiesta Run, I'm gonna get it :D

WOW, that guy really liked Rayman Legends so he played it a lot. Or maybe he used cheat trainer :P
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

I've just seen this video earlier today, is rly ok. But I do wonder if Ubiray is playable or not. And it appears I was fucking right and Green Teensy is no longer playable. Also Toad Globox or whatever was scrapped?
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

The "8-bit" levels are baffling. A throwback to the 32-bit consoles on which Rayman originated would have been great, but by going back another two generations the developers seem to be trying to bypass Rayman players in favour of Mario ones. That might have been acceptable if they'd done a half-decent job of it, but the headache-inducing, grainy fishbowl filter they've plastered over the 1080p graphics is bizarre and not satisfying at all. Am I supposed to play through all of these without dying? No thanks.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

spiraldoor wrote:The "8-bit" levels are baffling. A throwback to the 32-bit consoles on which Rayman originated would have been great, but by going back another two generations the developers seem to be trying to bypass Rayman players in favour of Mario ones. That might have been acceptable if they'd done a half-decent job of it, but the headache-inducing, grainy fishbowl filter they've plastered over the 1080p graphics is bizarre and not satisfying at all. Am I supposed to play through all of these without dying? No thanks.
This is seriously what I was going to list as one of the cons for my review. Damn you Spiral XD. Anyways I totally agree, the 8 bit renditions of the music is fantastic, but the actual concept is just a bit paper flat and kind of a lazy attempt to add more levels, now I beat all these easily, but a lot of them are seriously headache inducing.

Rayman fiesta run sounds interesting, but lets hope they open it up for more platforms then the mobile devices, it'd be nice to maybe see it on consoles and maybe the Vita :p
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Zikken
Sergueï
Tings: 45345

Post by Zikken »

I just did Castle rock 8 Bit and felt like I was high on drug, my head hurt. :|
edit: lets not talk about grannies world tour's effects, I just don't even see myself on my screen anymore.
Last edited by Zikken on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:The "8-bit" levels are baffling. A throwback to the 32-bit consoles on which Rayman originated would have been great, but by going back another two generations the developers seem to be trying to bypass Rayman players in favour of Mario ones. That might have been acceptable if they'd done a half-decent job of it, but the headache-inducing, grainy fishbowl filter they've plastered over the 1080p graphics is bizarre and not satisfying at all. Am I supposed to play through all of these without dying? No thanks.
I didn't tell this before but I also would have rather prefered a graphism similar to Rayman 1, just like you said. It somehow gives me the feeling they did these levels to please the Mario gamers.

Have you played Orchestral Chaos and Dragon Slayer? I can ensure you those are much bigger headache than the fishbowl effect.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Honestly the 8 bit levels just seemed extremely lazy at an attempt of adding new levels. They should have used R1 sprites or something.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Not to mention I was expecting LOTLD real levels but in RL style and with tougher level designs, but I got wrong. I guess we were asking for a lot.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Rayfist wrote:[Rayman fiesta run sounds interesting, but lets hope they open it up for more platforms then the mobile devices, it'd be nice to maybe see it on consoles and maybe the Vita :p
Well Jungle Run was on Windows 8. I hope Fiesta Run will be playable on Windows 7 because I do not want to upgrade Windows
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

A game originally designed for iOS/Android and got later ported for Windows Phone/8 would get a sequel with the same characteristics and suddenly being compactible with Windows 7? It is wiser to purchase a medium-cost tablet.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Haruka wrote:Have you played Orchestral Chaos and Dragon Slayer? I can ensure you those are much bigger headache than the fishbowl effect.
I haven't even been able to finish Castle Rock, and I'm not sure more levels like this is enough of a reward.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

You'll get extra Lums and Lucky Tickets at least.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

That's kind of disappointing, considering that previous Rayman games rewarded 100% completion with stuff like entire new worlds and levels from completely abandoned games.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

I was really hoping the last costume would be a classic Rayman skin. Still not sure what it is. (Or looks like.)