Cartoon Shows

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Cartoon Shows

Post by Master »

This week's Adventure Time was pretty unexpected, it starts off being light-hearted, funny and kind of nice, then it ends with a horrible cliffhanger and I really want to know where this'll go.
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

yeah, poor jake. looks like its return of return of the nitosphere
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Indeed, I'm wondering what sword Finn will have now, seeing how sentimentally attached they were to this sword, seeing as it was their dad's, will he get over its loss?
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Huh, this is intriguing me. I'll watch this episode of AT online once I have time. Anyone happen to catch Steven Universe?
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Is puppets animation counts ?

because im currently making a movie...
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Puppet animation? Care to clarify? Do you mean like stop-motion, or do you mean physical puppets?
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Here is a pic of the hero of my movie

In malagasy bitrobitro means rabbit rabbit

Pronounce it bitchoubitchou
or bitchoobitchoo
abhinav
Reflux
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Started watching Defenders of the Earth. One of those cartoon shows I remember watching as a kid. The intro was pretty kick ass. Mandrake sounds a lot like Splinter from the 80's TMNT cartoon. Same voice actor? Would be cool if Warner Bros remade this show. :)

Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Watched the Legend of Korra, really liked this one, some character development, and the return of the original Iroh! And Wan Shi Tong, who seems to hold grudge still.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Anyone watched one cartoon from 1996-1997 about some dinosaur called Urmel? If so, can anyone help me find episodes? I can only find intro on YouTube and I can find 2006 CGI film but not old cartoon.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I never watched that but I did watch Denver, the Last Dinosaur.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hm, so, I gave Steven Universe a gander, pretty damn good, though I'm still preferring Adventure Time for now, seeing as Universe is new, it might grow on me and surpass AT, or maybe not, time will tell.
TheTempurmental
Mouru
Tings: 3930

Post by TheTempurmental »

So, I just watched all of the Gravity Falls episodes that have been made so far. I gotta say, after seeing that season finale, I reeeaally can't wait for the show to start up again!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Just watched the two-parter leading into the Book 2 finale of Korra, I've been really impressed by these episodes as of late, and blimey, Unalaq is quite the sound villain, I look feverishly forward to seeing the finale and learn how they plan to tie up this season.
The Edditaur
Knaaren
Tings: 5635

Post by The Edditaur »

Bump, I guess. I dunno how these forum things work, but anyways
I've been wanting to check out all of the cartoons that everyone has been raving about over the internets for so long, so I tuned over to Cartoon Network the other day for Adventure Time, and I've got to say, it's going to take a while before I can get used to that show. Shit's so damn surreal that even I need to step back from the TV and just look at what I'm watching.
I'll probably come round to it eventually, but Jesus Christ, it's going to take me a while for sure.

So then I changed the channel and by chance stumbled upon the end of and episode of Gravity Falls, and was immediately hooked. Or more like I was really intrigued by it, and so looked up the first episode (totally legitly ofc), and then I was hooked. Everything just feels so natural on that show, most notably Mabel and Dipper's relationship. It's like a breath of fresh air to see how the two of them react, and it kinda feels unique to any other kid's show (Or hell, any show full stop) I've ever seen. It's all good.
It's also balls addictive, I've found. I can't stop watching them.
Help me.

Oh, and I saw some Wander Over Yonder, too. A tad silly, but not actually that bad at all. Gets a thumbs up from me, I've got to say.
That's all, really. Just yeah, good shows and all.
Also hi everyone, s'been a while
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

EDDIT! Welcome back, man! It's always a pleasure when you're around!

Ahem, as for the cartoons, I like Adventure Time because it does have a very interesting world, it seems rather basic up front, but the stories of Marceline, the Ice King and some others are rather gripping and convey a greater complexity that you'd not figure the show has at first glance.

I admit, it's pretty surreal, but don't let that put you off, it's not as simple as it looks.
The Edditaur
Knaaren
Tings: 5635

Post by The Edditaur »

Master wrote:EDDIT! Welcome back, man! It's always a pleasure when you're around!

Ahem, as for the cartoons, I like Adventure Time because it does have a very interesting world, it seems rather basic up front, but the stories of Marceline, the Ice King and some others are rather gripping and convey a greater complexity that you'd not figure the show has at first glance.

I admit, it's pretty surreal, but don't let that put you off, it's not as simple as it looks.
Aww, well now you're just making me feel all special. :)

Yeah, I'm willing to give it a pretty large chance simply because of just how adored it really is as a show. I think I am getting used to it, but it's taking a while.

On another note, It confuses me just how open networks are willing to be with their kid's shows now, too. I was suprised at half of the shit they got away with on Gravity Falls, like the old couple having heart attacks after listening to hip hop music. This being compared to remembering Nickelodeon refusing to allow anyone to die in Invader Zim, despite it being more than simply implied on many different occasions throughout the show.

It's not a bad thing of course, it was just unexpected. Networks are opening their eyes some and allowing artists to come out of their shells, and that I can wholeheartedly support.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Zomg hi Eddit! ;D I haven't spoken to you in a while, I should speak to you again! Catch you around very, very shortly.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Welcome back Eddit.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

anyone see korra's last two episodes early on nick.com like me? i wont spoil anything, but it was beautiful! also 3rd book is called "change" should be interesting.