What games are you currently playing?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Rayfist »

Erm... I think you're the first person I've ever seen compliment the game. I did play a demo at my local Gamestop... and I didn't like it, and this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of beat em up's (Streets Of Rage and Final Fight). I don't know about you, but from the demo I played, I got bored within 5-10 minutes.

In the middle of combat the whole quick time events/execution comes into play. I really am not too bothered by quicktime events, as I enjoyed RE4's since I think it was done properly, but here it was done a bit too much. To the point where I really felt I wasn't part of the action anymore, rather the game kind of says to me "here let me do that for you, just hit these few buttons". Sure maybe it looks awesome, to look at, but to play it just makes me feel 'out of control', I'm not saying crazy, but it's the same problem I had with RE6, most of the control is taken out of the player. Again I don't mind quicktime events but when it's done that often, the repetitiveness comes into play.

In my eyes, DR3 is a much, much more solid launch title, but even that seems to have lost some of the core aspects of the first two that made me love it, but regardless it still looks fun. Whatever, to each his own. I can at least say graphically it looks nice... but that's the cryengine for you.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy »

I haven't played Ryse so can't really comment on that, I have little to no interest in games set in that time period.

With DR3 I freely admit I completely stopped playing it well before completing the campaign, I think it just got too repetitive for me, and with the really absurd characters and weird writing that feels like it belongs in the PS1 era, it never gripped me.

The best game I've played so far for the One is probably Titanfall actually, which surprised me considering I rarely play the multiplayer portions of games like COD for more that a few matches, but something about the free-running and well-balanced gameplay has made it a lot of fun!
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Rayfist wrote:Erm... I think you're the first person I've ever seen compliment the game. I did play a demo at my local Gamestop... and I didn't like it, and this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of beat em up's (Streets Of Rage and Final Fight). I don't know about you, but from the demo I played, I got bored within 5-10 minutes.

In the middle of combat the whole quick time events/execution comes into play. I really am not too bothered by quicktime events, as I enjoyed RE4's since I think it was done properly, but here it was done a bit too much. To the point where I really felt I wasn't part of the action anymore, rather the game kind of says to me "here let me do that for you, just hit these few buttons". Sure maybe it looks awesome, to look at, but to play it just makes me feel 'out of control', I'm not saying crazy, but it's the same problem I had with RE6, most of the control is taken out of the player. Again I don't mind quicktime events but when it's done that often, the repetitiveness comes into play.
I, personally, always felt in control. The execution quicktimes to me felt natural, and after you got the hang of it, you can start to predict which button you should hit based off the position they're about to move in to, and there are enough animations for it to require legitimate prediction as opposed to it being 'predictable'. I think the fact that you can't fail an execution is a bit lame, but I still feel as if everything he's doing everything I want him to.

It's fairly light-core and arcade-like, but that's one of the reasons I enjoy it. It's not that complicated and it makes you feel awesome - this is coming from some one who isn't into beat-em-ups. I think it's a good presentation piece, even though it could have been much better than it was.
MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

Ok so I started downloaded Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes at midnight when it came out. Just finished the story. 1 hour and 20 minutes after it started downloading.

I don't particularly mind since there are side missions, and collectables and things, so I'll enjoy 100%ing it. However, I'm now super excited for The Phantom Pain, and speculation is that it will come out in 2015. :(
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I finally got all the Teensies and unlocked all levels in Fiesta Run, no doubt about it, it's much harder than Jungle Run.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

MrBadGuy wrote:Ok so I started downloaded Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes at midnight when it came out. Just finished the story. 1 hour and 20 minutes after it started downloading.

I don't particularly mind since there are side missions, and collectables and things, so I'll enjoy 100%ing it. However, I'm now super excited for The Phantom Pain, and speculation is that it will come out in 2015. :(
GZ is a bit too steep for me considering the content, but it does look like a lot of fun. I'm pretty behind on Metal Gear games, so how would you say it plays compared to Snake Eater?
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

Interesting question, there have been a few important changes to the fundamental gameplay since Snake Eater, most of them happened in 4, and some smaller ones in Peace Walker. The ability to crouch-walk, and over the shoulder shooting while moving would be at the top of the list for me I think.

But it's still a Metal Gear game, it's still got amazing stealth action, and strange characters, and incredible cinematics, and Kiefer Sutherland does an awesome job as Snake.

It looks like Kojima has tried to go more mature with the latest game, and there seems to be a lack of cardboard box action for instance.

It also looks really really good graphically.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

MrBadGuy wrote:Interesting question, there have been a few important changes to the fundamental gameplay since Snake Eater, most of them happened in 4, and some smaller ones in Peace Walker. The ability to crouch-walk, and over the shoulder shooting while moving would be at the top of the list for me I think.
Spotted the crouch-walking, which definitely seems useful. I imagine that the pressure-sensitive controls might be gone too, if they want to streamline the game for a new audience.
Kiefer Sutherland does an awesome job as Snake.
He's gotten a lot of hate for replacing Hayter, but what I've heard from him is really good. He's very natural and convincing.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy »

El Dango wrote:He's gotten a lot of hate for replacing Hayter, but what I've heard from him is really good. He's very natural and convincing.
Well you know what they say, Hayters gonna hayte.

His performance was more of a cartoony sorta thing, whereas Jack Bauer makes it more real and emotional.
El Dango wrote:Spotted the crouch-walking, which definitely seems useful. I imagine that the pressure-sensitive controls might be gone too, if they want to streamline the game for a new audience.
Neither PS4 or Xbox One even have pressure sensitive buttons if I'm not mistaken so those controls are certainly gone, the new control scheme takes a few minutes to get completely used to but it's really nice.
abhinav
Reflux
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

A friend of mine at School gave me Megaman X3 for the Super Nintendo for free to help me finish the X collection.
Right now I'm playing through the whole trilogy, I beat Megaman X1, and I'm playing through X2 currently.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

X1 is amazing, X2 is pretty awesome, but be warned that X3 is kinda boring and has some tedium to it.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Were you by chance playing any other version aside from the SNES version? I heard the Saturn/PS1 versions really aren't that good, including the port in the X collection. Either way, I just finished X2, I think the Shoryuken thrown in there was pretty awesome. So I'm going to start X3. I also own X4, and X5 and X6 are coming in the mail, so once I beat X3, I'll take a break from the X games to continue finishing the normal series (I'm on 6th title).
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

I played through the SNES version. Still not too great. It's not terrible, the level design is just bland and monotonous, Zero is a huge tease in it (you can only KINDA SORTA play as him), getting everything in the game requires lots of backtracking even if you take the optimal stage order, the bosses deal an unfair amount of damage, but are also way too easy to stun-lock when you have their weakness compared to other games...

It's no X6 (which is one of my least favourite games of all time), but it's noticeably worse than the previous two games. X4, X5, and X8 are all amazing, though.

X3 also feels like filler. It has no real relevance to the plot of the series, and is not even really referenced in future games.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Yeah, I'm playing through it currently and something I noticed, these bosses are really kicking my fucking ass. I absolutely destroyed X1 and X2, but this one is showing no mercy on me :p
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
jurebj
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by jurebj »

I just finished with Rayman Fiesta Run.
Image Image
Earth Gwee
Ly
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee »

I bought the Dranborn DLC for Skyrim yesterday. It's pretty amazing so far.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

I think I'll be replaying Psychonauts, I really enjoyed that game. :)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Not much, given the season, though I've got plans to be playing a multitude of games when it's over.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Got any specifics in mind?