☼ ►Rayman 3 TAS Project Redux [Updated May 2014!] ◄ ☼

Speedrunning news, techniques and events: a place for those who live fast, at least when it comes to Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Speedrunning team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

☼ ►Rayman 3 TAS Project Redux [Updated May 2014!] ◄ ☼

Post by GOT4N »

Long time ago, I posted an old Rayman 3 unoptimised TAS Topic. Then like everytime. Got4n is came back with his new TAS Project to kill Rayman 3 :mryellow: . This time co-auth with Andzura, a french friend :)
We killed ourselves to find the RAM Values like X Speed, Z Speed, Y speed (X²+Z² = Rayman Speed)
Glitches used: super jumping (founded by Pewable) (example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNMjz1X_wu4)
Under map (water only) (founded by pewable)
Pig Superjumps (found by Xhonoz but understood by us)
Glidewalk (found by me but used by LightWeightRunner)
Project was started on September

(Encodes are with audio!)
Progression:
Fairy council 100%
Clearleaf Forest 100%

The Bog of Murk 100%

The Land of the Livid Dead 100%

The Desert of the Knaaren 100%

The Longest Shortcut 100%

The Summit Beyond the Clouds 100%

Hoodlum Headquarters 10%
Leptys Tower 0%

Current : Inputting the HHQ
Last edited by WeshKanapesh on Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOT4N
Photographe

Re: ►Rayman 3 TAS Project Redux [November 2013!] ◄ ☼

Post by GOT4N »

KABUMP!
Updated the progress
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice work! It's always impressive to see how many tricks can be found in this game. No wonder speedruns have influenced scoring in that regard.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Yeah, as told you in French Forum ( Have to update it in Fr forum also) it'll be pretty hard to route plannigng and make pretty good angles.
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Added the 2 levels, but looks like no one cares?
Cut
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 19731

Post by Cut »

I care, as it's really amazing what the speedrunners and especially you with your TAS are doing to the game :)
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

One is caring :D because most of my topics doesn't have like 2 pages XD
(Thanks also :D)
Raven_Guardian
Moussu
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

Can you post the fairy concil?
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Hah, sorry I put it private because there is surprises on that one =D
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

Any thoughts about those levels?
(Also, I'm remaking council, forest, and bog of murk for gaining more than 2 minutes
GOT4N
Photographe

Re: ☼ ►Rayman 3 TAS Project Redux [Updated May 2014!] ◄ ☼

Post by GOT4N »

Done the Summit :).
DTUCC
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 18097

Post by DTUCC »

nice one!

two things i'd like to know, though: how does the fish manipulation work? (if it does, at all) and is it a TAS-only strat?

also, that dreaded snowboard has pretty much been the most disheartening part in the entire game for the scoring community. from what i've seen over the past 10 years, rayman can move through that part at different speeds. obviously, this is not only useful for scoring but for TASing as well! anyway, from you footage at 6:57 and onwards it becomes very appearent that you weren't even close to going at maximum speed, as there was no chance in the world for you to reach the green gem with the speed you were going at. i've been turning this part upside down for ages, trying to take the weirdest paths through the level and i could not put my finger on what it isthat determins your moving speed.
maybe that's something to look into for you? it'd be an easy timesaver whereas it'd really encourage me to replay this level myself for the maximum score. would be great if you could solve the mistery!

thanks for crediting me for that teleporting trick in your CF part 1 speedrun btw.
Sens au coeur de la nuit
L'onde d'espoir
Ardeur de la vie
Sentier de gloire
GOT4N
Photographe

Post by GOT4N »

DTUCC wrote:nice one!

two things i'd like to know, though: how does the fish manipulation work? (if it does, at all) and is it a TAS-only strat?

also, that dreaded snowboard has pretty much been the most disheartening part in the entire game for the scoring community. from what i've seen over the past 10 years, rayman can move through that part at different speeds. obviously, this is not only useful for scoring but for TASing as well! anyway, from you footage at 6:57 and onwards it becomes very appearent that you weren't even close to going at maximum speed, as there was no chance in the world for you to reach the green gem with the speed you were going at. i've been turning this part upside down for ages, trying to take the weirdest paths through the level and i could not put my finger on what it isthat determins your moving speed.
maybe that's something to look into for you? it'd be an easy timesaver whereas it'd really encourage me to replay this level myself for the maximum score. would be great if you could solve the mistery!

thanks for crediting me for that teleporting trick in your CF part 1 speedrun btw.
For the fish rng, my friend did it, but from what I saw, it's the position who matters IIRC.
I should check for the snowboard, if only I'll had the speed value :/