Any questions on this board?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Re: Any questions on this board?

Post by Indy »

I want to make a general thread for one of my favorite games (It's Ark Survival Evolved, no duh). The OP will have basic information about the game, it's history, how you play it, downloadable maps you can play on, what utility the creatures have, and how to act when someone acts shady on official/unofficial servers.

The question is though: Unless I've missed something, but can mods and/or admins delete threads? The thread I'm planning to make is going to be long and informative for newcomers and Ark players alike. And I don't want to make a mistake that not even the mods can fix by locking the topic.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Yep, we can delete them, or move them to an invisible Trash forum. I doubt it'll come to that though – remember you can always edit your post(s). ;) Please go ahead, I'm sure it'll be fine!
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:13 pm Yep, we can delete them, or move them to an invisible Trash forum. I doubt it'll come to that though – remember you can always edit your post(s). ;) Please go ahead, I'm sure it'll be fine!
Nice, thanks! :D I've been playing Ark non-stop since Summer, it's essentially my life now.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I look forward to reading about it, then!
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

If you're into dinosaurs or play games of the survival genre, then Ark Survival Evolved might just be your thing! :D
The thread will be simple-worded and easy to understand, I won't reveal too many details as spoiling the story might potentially ruin the game for others.

Speaking of the former, are there any more dino geeks on this forum besides me?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Like many others, I used to be big into dinosaurs back when I was a kid, and while my knowledge has faded I still remember a thing or two. :winkgrin:
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:42 pm Like many others, I used to be big into dinosaurs back when I was a kid, and while my knowledge has faded I still remember a thing or two. :winkgrin:
And I pretty much never grew out of this dino phase. But lucky for me, it's fairly normal as Paleontology is a sophisticated field. And we've got these magnificent animals still walking among us that aren't just crocodiles but birds as well. And we have at least 30+ chickens on our property.

And you don't want me to be your Paleo teacher, I will throw a wrench at ya if I catch you falling asleep in class. :hinhin: (This is a reference to that Dodgeball movie)
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I was never a big fan of dinosaurs, however I do remember being a big fan of Agumon and Machinedramon (from Digimon) as a kid (which are dinosaur-type creatures).
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Indy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 am And I pretty much never grew out of this dino phase. But lucky for me, it's fairly normal as Paleontology is a sophisticated field. And we've got these magnificent animals still walking among us that aren't just crocodiles but birds as well. And we have at least 30+ chickens on our property.
Yeah, technically birds are dinosaurs, though crocodiles are only archosaurs.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Is there a thread to dedicated to the RPC video archive that is happening behind the scenes?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Wait, what archive? :paranormal:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 am Wait, what archive? :paranormal:
I forgot the details, but I think there was a YouTube channel in the works to store Rayman related videos (so the broken links from the wiki can be updated).
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Maybe we should have a topic to keep track of this project and talk about it, I don't even know if it has an official name or if there is a date of launch planned.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Carrot was working on it but he's been quite busy, I believe, so I suppose the best course of action is for me to check with him after record day and we'll see if we need somebody to take over. :)
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

That's good to know, there is definitely some rare footage that needs to be preserved.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

For now the focus is on re-uploading Haruka's videos since she shut down her channel, but of course this will be a great opportunity to preserve other videos.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I do hope her videos will be re-uploaded somewhere some day, it was a sad day when I heard her channel was shutting down. :(
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10082

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Okay, since I'm new to the whole forum thing...
I don't know how to go about making a topic, I've never really done something like that before.

I know there's a New Topic button, but it's more in the realm of creating it. Is there anything I need to know beforehand?

I made a gif of something Rayman-related and couldn't find a place in the Fanworks section to post it (unless there is a place and I overlooked it, haha)
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

ChronicTraitor wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:19 pm Okay, since I'm new to the whole forum thing...
I don't know how to go about making a topic, I've never really done something like that before.

I know there's a New Topic button, but it's more in the realm of creating it. Is there anything I need to know beforehand?

I made a gif of something Rayman-related and couldn't find a place in the Fanworks section to post it (unless there is a place and I overlooked it, haha)
Before creating a new topic you can use the advanced search to see if there is something similar.

Is the gif from a game, the animated series or is it something completely made by you?