Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Bionichute
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 12145

Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

Post by Bionichute »

==Vote Rayman==
During the 2015 April 1st Nintendo Direct, Nintendo unveiled the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot. This isn't confirmation of anything, but an opportunity for Rayman fans to voice their desire to see Rayman in the game, go to the aforementioned site and let your voice be heard!

US Site
UK Site

==Fake Leak==
Sloggy wrote:Image

allegedly from an industry contact. please let it be true. what do you guys think?
==Original Post==

Rayman was shown in the pic of the day for July 13th, but as of now it's just his trophy, leaving it ambiguous if he's playable or not.

An interesting note is that this is an entirely new model made by the Ubisoft crew, and not made by the Smash Bros. team.

This will be updated if he is confirmed playable today.
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3390

Re: Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros.

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft »

If he's not playable, why do you have to mess with me Sakuari? Why?
Last edited by SegaNintendoUbisoft on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Holy shit... this is a surprise! I love the model and the trophy itself! Just look at his face!

EDIT: Everyone is all mad at the thought of Rayman being a playable character. Boo hoo... lel
JamesDNaux
Bébé Globox
Tings: 615

Post by JamesDNaux »

My heart can't take this Sakurai, this is my second most wanted character ever...

If he isn't the newcomer announced today, we need to start a campaign to make Rayman playable as DLC.
ripa9
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by ripa9 »

THIS IS SEriously messing with my mental health.... I mean you hardcore fans know the stuff...
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Even if he's not playable, it's still awesome that there's a trophy, that's way more than I was expecting initially!
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

Very random? I mean i thought if any thing Rayman related that would be in the game it would be the rabbits.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

This is great since this makes Rayman the first non-Japanese character to be in Smash in any sort of way.
Let's hope he is playable too. Ancel did say he would love that
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Whoa...I did not see that coming at all. Neat for Sakurai to include him, even if it's just a trophy.
Puruun
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Puruun »

I don't want to get too excited here but...
ASDSASFGGXHKGOJLGUXTDYDUCIVHXARSTXHCJBON

Sakurai is such a troll though, there's no telling whether Rayman will indeed be comfirmed as fighter or it will be someone completely unrelated, like Shulk or Chrom (following the Gematsu leak).
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Well, fuck my ass and call me a bitch.

Way more than I was expecting for him.

Rayman was pretty much on my "completely unrealistic and never gonna happen" (i.e. characters with little to no association with Nintendo) wishlist of characters I want to see in Smash Bros.

For those unaware, they are revealing a newcomer today in just a few hours, so... this is completely out of left field. I would say "well he's not gonna be playable because he's been shown as a trophy before being revealed", which usually means the character can be no more than an Assist Trophy. However, at this rate, anything can happen...

Maybe they're gonna confirm Ezio or something. That would be bittersweet.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Meh, I'm still erring on the side of caution for this, but having a trophy of the fella has gone against all of my own expectations too.
JamesDNaux
Bébé Globox

Post by JamesDNaux »

I'm still shaking from this, if he isn't the big reveal today then it'll be time to spam everywhere that we want him as DLC.

I've been staring at the picture for hours now...
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

Another interesting note is that the model itself was made by Ubisoft. And Ubisoft have a finished Wii U exclusive game that they are not releasing until the Wii U's install base is as big as they want it to be...
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:Another interesting note is that the model itself was made by Ubisoft. And Ubisoft have a finished Wii U exclusive game that they are not releasing until the Wii U's install base is as big as they want it to be...
I think they sent them 3D model because they want Sakurai to add Rayman as a fighter. Ancel did express this before in past.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

I'm not holding my breath for him being a fighter, as perfect as he'd be moveset wise, and how he'd fit in with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

But I do really want him. It also helps that his inclusion would completely throw the Gematsu Leak out of the window (I don't buy it as is, but this would COMPLETELY blow it up if Rayman was playable).

Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

The fact that he's even noticed by Sakurai god damn amazes me, I wasn't thinking any sort of Rayman reference would be included at all, so this is pretty neat!
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Puruun
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Puruun »

Hey guys, did you notice? From this angle, Rayman looks kind of high, but when you zoom in you can see that his other eyelid is higher!
JamesDNaux
Bébé Globox

Post by JamesDNaux »

Rayman would also shut up the people who say "But this character wasn't made in Japan!"

I don't think Rayman would kill Gematsu, since Sal never leaked Rosalina and he's got all but three of the characters he "predicted" confirmed. Though it will be satisfying to see all the people who expect Shulk today to be scrambling for excuses.
PrincessAmber
Otto Psi
Tings: 6380

Post by PrincessAmber »

I am literally having a heart attack, someone hold me I cannot handle this, I'm gonna die for real, for real man. *heavy breathing*
What if Mr.Krabs took Rayman 4 and hid it under the floorboards.