Rayman 2 Soundtrack OST (FLAC, 44kHz) - PSX rip, Revolution and Remastered

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Re: Rayman 2 Soundtrack (FLAC High Quality - 44kHz)& Revolution

Post by deton24 »

I appreciate that. Thanks.

I knew it will be you who writes here after such a long time...
The board users just seem to be more inactive nowadays, and you are definitely not not one of them :)
Greetings.

If this soundtrack still lacks some songs which you liked, and still haven't been remastered, and this quality satisfies you, let me know.
I think there is still some part of The Top of the World missing, but don't remember precisely now.

I think that this sountracks still haven't been uploaded on YT by anybody. Maybe one day I gonna do this.
I guess Vegas had some nice automated scripts for doing such things.
Altough It may be easier through MKV Merge, since Vegas probably won't allow to save FLAC/WAV in container to send it to YT, which I think is definitely required.
And, in case of sound quality, only popular channels have Opus codec with VP9. Forcing all clips manually to render again in VP9 is posible, but in such amount... you know, exhaustive, because needs to be done manually.
I don't have such popular channel.
Maybe Raytunes channel will be good choice, if their clips are coded to VP9 by default. I'd need to talk with relevant persons here in this case.

While R3 remastered on YT was uploaded once, and is still online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhmlEmH ... OE57-RkyoM
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Hello also :)

Yeah I just think it's best to have the good topics/projects such as this on the first page instead of them being buried at the end of the forum by "you know what" ;)

As for the activity, I think a lot of people are just going through busy times in their lives now and don't have the time to drop by. Maybe I'm here a little too much, but I really like the Rayman series and I'm glad to have a chat with other fans of this lovely community and also help out in any way I can.

I can be fussy when it comes to sound quality and I can tell if the pitch is even off by a few cents by ear :P

Unfortunately I have no idea myself what codec RayTunes uses, though I hope someone else can help you out with that who's more familiar with it or has worked on it.

Thanks for all the work also :up:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Yeah. For such people I did all of this :)
_
If it's "RayTunesOfficial", they have VP9/Opus in all clips.
Please leave me some bearing on a responsible person for this channel, or just your official site's channel. Maybe in some free time I'll render those clips to upload, and contact.
A1020nt
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Post by A1020nt »

Hello! Could you please explain to me why STREAM.IXA and TRACK.RAW can't be opened by any program? It seems the disc sectors are damaged.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Track.raw is just PCM without header.
Audacity should open it via raw import.
Stream.ixa can be converted by psmplay, and XA Audio Converter (but with upsampling).

Just be aware that you can encounter a situation when you can't copy and open the files manually from mounted game image. It can be read protected.
Then, to open .raw file you should extract the image, or just the file.
Although proper PSX sounds extracting tools bypasses the read problem.

Would you post on your YouTube channel all my music
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
in QHD and WAV/FLAC in MKV container (music to embeed in MKV merge) or directly in MKV/MP4/WAV/FLAC if available in options of your video editor?
With input QHD video resolution, YT renders video with OPUS/VP9 codecs cool quality (at least after some time after rendering) and in this case, from lossless source (even 48kHz is supported, from below, YT upsamples by default to 48kHz, every audio stream in OPUS encoding).

Today I was just thinking about doing it finally after these years, but if you digging in this things...

There is no need of manual extracting the files.
There are already lossless files uploaded on the topic, and even all separated segments from files you mentioned...

I don't have proper video editing software.
Only some older version of Vegas without custom scripts support. I used to mark separate clips as regions, then use script, and render it to separate scripts. Not mentioning about no support of lossless audio stream output.
Maybe in some newest Vegas version it could be easy to do (so without need of using MKV merge, and render all clips one by one).
Last edited by deton24 on Wed May 12, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Thank you for responding. Where did you find all these high quality versions? It seems to be higher compared to PS1 quality.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Lot of these files I just remastered from 22kHz files of Droolies PS2 lossless rip. Some 44kHz files are also a bit "tweaked" in matter of quality, few are the same as in PSX original rip (though segments itself, played in order sound a bit better, but there wasn't any lossy recompression during editing - just cutting and joining segments in Audacity with just maybe bigger sample rate or bit depth set in project [like the software behaves by default during importing files - it's the only thing that I didn't make properly in the whole process imho].
Specific file origin can be determined by IDv3 tags.

More details can be read in the first post, and in linked there R2 remastering topic.

I'd be grateful for uploading all these files on YT losslessly:

You can use this hi-res upscaled PC loading screens as images in clips:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qlogp63yb1i0 ... Hn9Pa?dl=0
Last edited by deton24 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

I planned to do this already but why do you want me to upload them? This is not my rip after all.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

I don't have any objections.
Especially since you already uploaded Rayman 3 HD UBI remastered music, and you probably have some subscribers interested in this kind of stuff.
You can just link to this topic in the video descriptions few times to allow people download this music as audio files for those interested.

Just don't recompress audio stream with lossy codec, render as QHD, and entitle the YT videos properly with e.g. "remastered/44kHz PSX CD quality" and you have my blessing ;)
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Could you please reupload the high quality folder on MEGA? I always have errors when downloading from Google Drive.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Nevermind I was able to download it. For my videos I usually launch a batch which calls ffmpeg to create videos by joining each *.opus or *.ogg audio files with a default image .jpg and output as *.WebM using the VP9 codec. So it's lossy.

@echo off
for %%F in (*.opus *.ogg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -framerate 1 -i "default.jpg" -i "%%F" -acodec copy -vcodec libvpx-vp9 -lossless 1 -speed 4 -vf "scale=1280:720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1280:720:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2" -shortest "%%~nF.webm"
)

But I will adapt it so that it's lossless and in 2560x1440p

Edit: I'm uploading the tracks.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

It's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WF1ZuK ... jtMcx5_27w

I'll have to sort the playlist and give proper names to tracks.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Thank you so much!
Pity that it took all of these years to put it on YT.

Could you tell me how you finally did it?
Tools, Software, etc.
Maybe I could learn something useful ;)

I could rename the titles before. Now there is hell a lot of mess on YT too.

I'd have more job for you if you are interested.
You've seen my Pandora Tomorrow rip on ffshrine. I still didn't upload it on YT. There is also Sniper Elite 1944.
I'm really fond of these soundtracks.
And there wasn't even any SE1 OST on the net some time ago.
Even Google doesn't cache my rip (as like whole ffshrine is not being cached).
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

I'm quite interested in Splinter Cell games, as you see I uploaded the complete Double Agent (Original Xbox) rip.

As for Rayman 2, thank you again for the high quality versions. Do you want me to give proper titles myself or you have suggestions?

Thanks!
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Generally, to decipherate how the songs are entitled...

First number is just track number.
But if there is 2b, it is like track 3, but it's not, because I already had track 3... So to not change all track numbers I invented such thing, to place such song before track 3, but after 2.

The second number, after track name, is just number of version during remastering works. So it can be just deleted.

Some track names are cut, or not fully entitled.
In such cases (like Ly) feel free to borrow track names from Droolie's rip on Raytunes.

If you'd name all tracks like:
Rayman 2 - [track name] 44kHz/CD quality/some remastered
Then I think it would be enough.

Sorry for making such mess.
I didn't quite realized that it would turned out like this with track names.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Thank you, will do this. Just give me some time ^^
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

It's not lossless since YouTube doesn't support this, it's just high quality lossy.

I've taken a look at Rayman 2 iOS version files and it seems there are AAC music files which are not segmented. It's lower quality though.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik

Post by deton24 »

Dont bullshit me, right?
I know what I did few weeks ago.

YT accepts WAV and FLAC in audio streams with MKV container (yes, YT supports MKV, though it's not listed on support page).
If you place lossy audio stream in your uploaded video, it makes recompression. No matter what is placed in container (even if it is your OPUS - YT recompresseses it [let my guess - your audio stream in video was 44kHz, and audio in YT video is 48kHz - conclusion - audio is recompressed). Also spectrograms, or listening tests will show that. Especially in cases when files where in more than 16/44. Downsampling on YT is a bit different than with previously downsampled audio to match YT OPUS 16/48, hence it's better to put hi-res audio files in container, than manually match it to YT's 16/48. That's a conclusion of my long term tests.

I understand that it would take lot of time to wrap lossless stream separately to previously rendered dedicated video clips with proper track time, but maybe some newer Vegas versions allow to use FLAC/WAV in audio streams, which would spare lot of time. That's why I was asking.
Still, it's better than nothing.
Thanks.

V. Late Edit. Lossless FLAC to MKV converter can be used launching proper script for ffmpeg which can be found on Reddit
Last edited by deton24 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

deton24 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:24 pm Dont bullshit me, right?
I know what I did few weeks ago.
I didn't know it was possible to upload losslessy...
Moreover, the OPUS files I've used have a sample rate of 48kHz, not 44.1kHz.
By the way, it sounds pretty good. I know you were expecting lossless uploads but I wasn't aware.