Rayman 3 scores

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Post by Steo »

Nice work Maz! I haven't really played much lately because I'm already pretty happy having over 800k, but maybe some day I'll consider trying to get to #10. Scraping another 10k definitely won't be easy for me though.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10724

Post by 1234 »

Wow, huge congrats Maz! Some years ago you'd have been declared a cheater for showing up with such a score. :o
What's actually with the 124k points in your second last post? Did you revisit the level for the honorable sake of recording a video, or was it because of the last digit? :P
Anyway, it's quite a huge achievement, especially considering it's been almost 4.5 years since the idea originated and noone made it thus far.

Also, great work Steo reaching 800k points! :)
The missing 10k for #10 surely won't be a walk in the park, but I'm sure in e.g. CF and HH you can scrape the needed points together, especially if you're not opposed to using the IPGs in this levels.

I myself unfortunately didn't improve my score in the last time. I did, however, try to figure out the HP of most enemies, just for fun. If you like mostly useless information, here goes (everyone else can skip to the end):

For most/all enemies there is a value representing the HP. When hitting an enemy, their HP will be reduced by a certain number. However, for different enemies, equally charged fists won't always reduce the HP by the same amount. Also, there aren't just three different damages (uncharged, semi-charged, fully charged). Instead the HP can be reduced by any integer ranging from the min value (uncharged) to the max value (fully charged), unless otherwise noted.
For example, a Hoodblaster has initially 12 HP. A normal uncharged fist reduces his HP by 4, a fully charged fist by 12. With the HMF the damage is doubled (not for all enemes though). By alternating the charging time 5, 6, ..., 10, 11 damage points are also possible. On the other hand, in the second fight with Razoff, only the values 1, 2 and 3 are possible (charging time 0ms - ~777ms → 1; ~778ms - ~1552ms → 2; ~1553ms - inf ms → 3). Here's a table:

Unless otherwise noted, the columns are:
HP | Min Damage (uncharged fist, no powerup) | Max Damage (fully charged fist, no powerup) | Enemies [| Note]
__1 | _1 | _9 | Podocrock | [1]
_12 | _8 | 24 | Shielded Hoodblaster | [2]
_12 | _4 | 12 | Hoodblaster; Hoodstyler; Ninja Crab; Grim Keeper; Balloon Elite Monger
_16 | _4 | 12 | Hoodoo
_20 | _4 | 12 | Hoodstormer
_24 | _4 | 12 | Elite Monger; Hoodboom; Stumbleboom
_65 | _4 | 12 | Heckler
_70 | _4 | 12 | Lavicraft | [3]
100 | 10 | 34 | Shoe | [4]
_30 | .. _5 .. | Horrible Machine
_99 | .. 33 .. | Master Kaag | [5]
100 | 3/4 | 9/12 | Bégoniax | [6]
100 | _3 | _9 | Razoff 1.1
100 | _1 | _3 | Razoff 1.2 | [7]
100 | _2 | _4 | Reflux 2.1; Reflux 2.2| [8]
100 | _1/15 | Reflux 2.4 | [9]
110 | .. 10 .. | Céloche | [10]
200 | _2 | _6 | Reflux 1.1

[1] The podocrocks as a group have 6 HP. An uncharged fist reduces the HP by 1, and a fully charge one by 9. An uncharged HMF reduces their HP by 5, and a fully charged one by 21. With the HMF you can only inflict uneven values of damage (5,7,...,21).
[2] Only even damages are possible (8, 10, ..., 24). Also, for some reason, reducing his HP to 0 isn't quite enough to defeat him. If he has 4 HP left, an uncharged hit will kill him. However, if he has 5 HP (I tried that with CheatEngine) or more left, an uncharged hit won't be enough. According to that his effective HP should be 16.
[3] The HP is from both Lavicrafts as a group. One Lavicraft can be said to have 35 HP. The system is quite messy though.
[4] A normal shoe hit reduces the HP by 10. A boosted shoe hit reduces the HP by 34. Nothing in between is possible I think.
[5] Damage comes obviously from the Shock Rocket.
[6] When she's in her normal state an uncharged hit reduces her HP by 3 (fully charged: 9). In the transformed state as a toad an uncharged hit reduces her HP by 4 (fully charged: 12).
[7] An uncharged hit with the HMF reduces his HP by 2, whereas a fully charged HMF reduces his HP by 7. When he falls into the pit, he loses 10 HP.
[8] As far as I know, in the first two phases in TOTL4 you can only damage him with the HMF. A fully charged HMF inflicts only twice the damage compared to an uncharged HMF.
[9] In the fourth phase, every Hoodblaster counts as one HP. A cannon hit equals 15 damage pts. Only up to 60 Hoodblasters can be on the arena at the same time, so e.g. doubling his HP unfortunately won't make more Hoodblasters spawn. However, it makes the red sparkly things move extremely slow.
[10] Obviously the damage is caused by his own rockets. And "110" is correct btw. :wink:

Enemies I didn't include are: Slapdash, Hoodlock, Muddibog, Fish, Hoodflyer and Reflux 2.3. The problem is that they only take one hit to get killed, so it's probably harder to find the corresponding address for their HP, if they have any at all. Maybe I'll try it at some point yet.

Hope you've all had some lovely Christmas days! :D
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 45.340 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Total: 902.954
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Razorbeard wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:26 am Just popping in to report that I've passed 500,000 points for the first time tonight. It ain't much in a world where only three of the top 50 scores are below 600k, but I'm proud of it and now I think it's time to start learning all those special tricks to push it even higher.
It's an important milestone nonetheless, congratulations! :up:
Maz wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:38 am Yaay! After months of this game driving me insane (though to be fair, I wasn't playing too much due to getting frustrated), I finally managed to finish LOTLD with 123.839 Points. Not as much as I'd initially hoped, but at this point, I'll take anything :fou:

Will definitely have to revisit that level at some point since 125k+ is possible, but for now I'm really happy with my result!
Amazing, where's the final combo by the way? The Hall of Fame is sadly still broken at the moment but you can post a screenshot here and we'll be sure to update your score for now. ;)
1234 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 pm I myself unfortunately didn't improve my score in the last time. I did, however, try to figure out the HP of most enemies, just for fun. If you like mostly useless information, here goes (everyone else can skip to the end):

[...]
This is actually pretty cool! We did something similar back in the early days of the wiki to figure out the resistance of the various enemies, so be sure to check that article (and those for the enemies) and let us know if you find any mistakes or missing information. :winkgrin:
Maz
El Stomacho
Tings: 23133

Post by Maz »

1234m wrote:I myself unfortunately didn't improve my score in the last time. I did, however, try to figure out the HP of most enemies, just for fun.
Glad to see you're still involved with R3 nonetheless! I would love to see some improvements from you in the future though, not gonna lie :winkgrin:

The 124.167 was actually scrapped because I really wanted to have the combo recorded. I was so fed up with it that I was about to just let it go and take that Score despite its last digit :P but the fact that I wanted to have it on video made me restart.
Hunchman801 wrote:Amazing, where's the final combo by the way? The Hall of Fame is sadly still broken at the moment but you can post a screenshot here and we'll be sure to update your score for now.
Thank you! Unfortunately, my old PC broke and my R3 savegame got lost, so no changes there. I'm currently sitting at 891.124 and trying to slowly work my way up again :oops2:
FC: 54.450 (PB: 55.280) | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 (PB: 122.070) | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 921.395 (old savegame, current Total: 902.045)
Dragon Médiéval

Post by 1234 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:57 pm Amazing, where's the final combo by the way?
His final combo you can see in this video.
Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:57 pm This is actually pretty cool! We did something similar back in the early days of the wiki to figure out the resistance of the various enemies, so be sure to check that article (and those for the enemies) and let us know if you find any mistakes or missing information. :winkgrin:
Sure! So, if you define the damage of Rayman's uncharged fist to be 1, then the information provided in the Wiki seems to coincide with what I figured out, at least for the most part.

- One problem with this definition is that it makes it impossible to properly tell the resistance of certain enemies, like the Horrible Machine, Reflux (3rd phase in TOTL 4), Reflux (TOTL 5), Céloche, Master Kaag, the Mechanical Fish and the Hoodflyers, since non of them you fight with Rayman's normal fists.
In the article about Master Kaag, however, the resistance is stated to be 18 which assumes that the Shock Rocket inflicts 6 dmg pts (or at least something between 6 and 9). However, this isn't necessarily true, I think. For instance, when you hit Razoff in BOM 5 with the Rocket (CheatEngine), he dies immediately, no matter how many HP he had left before. So, unless there is some indication for the stated 18 HP to be true, maybe this information should be changed.

- In the Wiki article about Bégoniax and Razoff, both have 33 HP (first encounter). According to the numbers I've found, they should have 100/3 = 33 1/3. However, there is a difference: When Bégoniax reaches 1 HP, she'll run away. Razoff on the other hand, will only flee once his HP reach 0, meaning he needs 1 more hit to be defeated. I only changed the article about Razoff, since the 1HP from Bégoniax doesn't really seem to matter.
In BOM 6 Razoff also has only 100 HP instead of 110. That's already updated.

- In the Wiki article about Reflux, he is stated to have 85 HP in the first encounter, whereas according to the values I've found, his resistance should be 200/2 = 100. Since the 85 hardly could be a mistake in counting or writing, I tried your method as well (which was hitting him with uncharged hits until he's defeated, I guess (?)). However, in the first three attempts I counted only 77, 78 and 79 hits. With CheatEngine I noticed then that sometimes the value for his HP (at the beginning it's 200) went down by 4 when hitting him, instead of just 2. For Instance: 200 -> 198 -> 196 -> 192 -> 190 etc. The problem was that, for some reason, hitting him while holding the strafe button or while jumping (or both) sometimes caused him to lose more HP, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't charge the fists whatsoever. I then tried to fight him without jumping or strafing, and the problem disappeared, meaning his resistance would actually be 100.
There is, however, something else to note. When you reduce the value for his HP from 200 to 100 and then hit him again, his HP won't go down to 98, but rather to 88, which means that you basically skip 5 hits. Similarly it'll go down from 50 to 38, instead of 48. You can even see that the life bar shrinks noticably more. After each of the hits, Reflux will cast the meteor rain. I guess that for some reason the devs wanted to emphasize that by making him lose more HP, which obviously didn't work, since it took me over 16 years and CheatEngine to notice that. :P
Long story short, you need 100 - 2*5 = 90 normal hits to defeat him. Using the definition from the Wiki, his resistance therefore should be 90. I changed that.

- Incidentally, the individual enemy articles don't contain the information about what damages are possible yet. For instance Hoodblasters have basically 12 HP and, depending on the charging time, you can inflict 4, ..., 11, 12 damage pts (with the definition in the Wiki it's 3 HP and the dmg is 1, 1.25, ... , 2.75, 3). However, I don't know whether anyone would care about that info. Because of that I just made a general remark in the Resistance article.

- Just for the record, the Wiki articles about the Hoodmonger, the Hoodmonger Officer and the Podocrock are also slightly changed. Feel free to check whether you agree with it or whether you deem some of the info useless... :winkgrin:
Maz wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:25 pm I would love to see some improvements from you in the future though, not gonna lie :winkgrin:
I'll try to do my best. I guess it's about time that I give the 10 shoe hits in LS a go, along with the two relatively new improvements. I just need to find the right mood and time. For now maybe I'll just mess with the game a bit, in the hope that we break it once more and get closer to the million. :mryellow:
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 45.340 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

1234 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:32 pm His final combo you can see in this video.
:shock: This has to be the largest combo in the game, right? In any case, I love how it's labeled "easy version". :lol:
1234 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:32 pm Sure! So, if you define the damage of Rayman's uncharged fist to be 1, then the information provided in the Wiki seems to coincide with what I figured out, at least for the most part.

- One problem with this definition is that it makes it impossible to properly tell the resistance of certain enemies, like the Horrible Machine, Reflux (3rd phase in TOTL 4), Reflux (TOTL 5), Céloche, Master Kaag, the Mechanical Fish and the Hoodflyers, since non of them you fight with Rayman's normal fists.
In the article about Master Kaag, however, the resistance is stated to be 18 which assumes that the Shock Rocket inflicts 6 dmg pts (or at least something between 6 and 9). However, this isn't necessarily true, I think. For instance, when you hit Razoff in BOM 5 with the Rocket (CheatEngine), he dies immediately, no matter how many HP he had left before. So, unless there is some indication for the stated 18 HP to be true, maybe this information should be changed.
Yes, this method allows for a somehow consistent measurement of resistance across games, though it does indeed have some flaws. Not that I can think of other methods that would help with Rayman 3, since an enemy's actual hit points as found in the source code (or identified with CheatEngine) seem to be completely arbitrary, with different enemies taking a different amount of damage from a single hit, for example.

Regarding Master Kaag, you might want to read the Shock Rocket discussion page for some background. I racked my brains on the subject back in 2011, and in short, I used CheatEngine to try the Shock Rocket on pretty much everything I could, and the only enemy it didn't kill in one hit (and that I could hit at all) was Razoff during the second fight (I never got to try it against Reflux). This method yielded a figure of 76 damage points, which we found made very little sense (it's not even the same as the 33 points the rocket inflicts on Master Kaag). We then decided to stick to regular gameplay, and since the most resistant enemy that can be normally be defeated with a Shock Rocket is the Hoodboom, with 6 HP, we went for this figure. It's pretty sketchy—I mean, why not 7 or 8—but with Master Kaag being such a diminutive Hoodlum, it felt like 18 HP was quite a lot already.

But maybe we should just give up on trying to put a number on the Shock Rocket damage? This is open for discussion!
1234 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:32 pm - In the Wiki article about Bégoniax and Razoff, both have 33 HP (first encounter). According to the numbers I've found, they should have 100/3 = 33 1/3. However, there is a difference: When Bégoniax reaches 1 HP, she'll run away. Razoff on the other hand, will only flee once his HP reach 0, meaning he needs 1 more hit to be defeated. I only changed the article about Razoff, since the 1HP from Bégoniax doesn't really seem to matter.
In BOM 6 Razoff also has only 100 HP instead of 110. That's already updated.
Yeah, I'm the one who added Bégoniax's resistance back in 2011, but I should add a note to the article that the exact figure is, technically, 32 1/3. As for Razoff, it was apparently iHeckler who added the information in 2013 and whatever method he used must have been flawed, thanks for the correction!
1234 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:32 pm - In the Wiki article about Reflux, he is stated to have 85 HP in the first encounter, whereas according to the values I've found, his resistance should be 200/2 = 100. Since the 85 hardly could be a mistake in counting or writing, I tried your method as well (which was hitting him with uncharged hits until he's defeated, I guess (?)). However, in the first three attempts I counted only 77, 78 and 79 hits. With CheatEngine I noticed then that sometimes the value for his HP (at the beginning it's 200) went down by 4 when hitting him, instead of just 2. For Instance: 200 -> 198 -> 196 -> 192 -> 190 etc. The problem was that, for some reason, hitting him while holding the strafe button or while jumping (or both) sometimes caused him to lose more HP, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't charge the fists whatsoever. I then tried to fight him without jumping or strafing, and the problem disappeared, meaning his resistance would actually be 100.
There is, however, something else to note. When you reduce the value for his HP from 200 to 100 and then hit him again, his HP won't go down to 98, but rather to 88, which means that you basically skip 5 hits. Similarly it'll go down from 50 to 38, instead of 48. You can even see that the life bar shrinks noticably more. After each of the hits, Reflux will cast the meteor rain. I guess that for some reason the devs wanted to emphasize that by making him lose more HP, which obviously didn't work, since it took me over 16 years and CheatEngine to notice that. :P
Long story short, you need 100 - 2*5 = 90 normal hits to defeat him. Using the definition from the Wiki, his resistance therefore should be 90. I changed that.
Well done! It was also iHeckler who added Reflux's resistance, in 2014 this time, and he probably just counted the hits without realizing that strafing and jumping could have an impact. Thanks again for the correction; at least it look like we got the ones for the final battle right. :mrgreen:
1234 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:32 pm - Incidentally, the individual enemy articles don't contain the information about what damages are possible yet. For instance Hoodblasters have basically 12 HP and, depending on the charging time, you can inflict 4, ..., 11, 12 damage pts (with the definition in the Wiki it's 3 HP and the dmg is 1, 1.25, ... , 2.75, 3). However, I don't know whether anyone would care about that info. Because of that I just made a general remark in the Resistance article.
Maybe we could add that information in a note for each enemy? While not of prime importance, I still think it's valuable.
1234 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:32 pm - Just for the record, the Wiki articles about the Hoodmonger, the Hoodmonger Officer and the Podocrock are also slightly changed. Feel free to check whether you agree with it or whether you deem some of the info useless... :winkgrin:
It looks great, thanks!
Razorbeard
Mister Death
Tings: 9170

Post by Razorbeard »

I've been working hard since passing 500, and now I'm only one level away from my current goal. I'm looking at either DOTK or TOTL as the level that will get the last 19k that I need to become the top scorer on US-PC, and if one of them alone isn't enough then the two of them together will definitely get me what I need and maybe even a comfortable lead. Or I could just go to LOTLD but the last time I was there I only improved by 2k, and at this point my score there is too high for me to bother going back unless I'm going to take it over 100, which I'm not capable of doing yet.

Other than that I've put at least 5k on every level except LS, DOTK, and LOTLD since checking in last, including a good 8k on TOTL that I'm particularly happy with.

The only real trouble I'm running into at this point is getting into the gong secret with the lockjaw, and my movement in LOTLD is frankly terrible so until I learn how to move better I won't be able to improve there anymore.

Next time I post here I'm going to be the American PC champion, provided the 568 listed on the wiki is in fact accurate and nobody beats me to it.
rayman3550.png
FC: 26949 | CF: 75375 | BOM: 49608 | LOTLD: 93259 | DOTK: 76043 | LS: 37530 | SBTC: 66383 | HH: 69139 | TOTL: 78216

Total: 572502
#1 in the US on PC
Maz
El Stomacho
Tings: 23133

Post by Maz »

Good luck with your endeavors! :)

I find it quite interesting how different the Scores are depending on regions. For some reason, Germany has 4 out of the top 5 spots, while other big nations - like the USA - are almost non-present. I understand that Rayman 3 doesn't have the hugest dedicated fanbase, but you'd still think there'd be more of a balance.
Hunchman801 wrote: :shock: This has to be the largest combo in the game, right? In any case, I love how it's labeled "easy version".
I think the final Combo in Clearleaf Forest is about just as long. The "perfect" Pokémon-Combo in LOTLD1 (where you go from the beginning to the last room and then back to the beginning to get everything with a powerup) is probably even longer. But yeah, it's definitely up there ;)

By the way, Happy New Year everyone!
FC: 54.450 (PB: 55.280) | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 (PB: 122.070) | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 921.395 (old savegame, current Total: 902.045)
Dragon Médiéval

Post by 1234 »

Sorry for the late answer. :oops:
Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm Regarding Master Kaag, you might want to read the Shock Rocket discussion page for some background. I racked my brains on the subject back in 2011, and in short, I used CheatEngine to try the Shock Rocket on pretty much everything I could, and the only enemy it didn't kill in one hit (and that I could hit at all) was Razoff during the second fight (I never got to try it against Reflux). This method yielded a figure of 76 damage points, which we found made very little sense (it's not even the same as the 33 points the rocket inflicts on Master Kaag). We then decided to stick to regular gameplay, and since the most resistant enemy that can be normally be defeated with a Shock Rocket is the Hoodboom, with 6 HP, we went for this figure. It's pretty sketchy—I mean, why not 7 or 8—but with Master Kaag being such a diminutive Hoodlum, it felt like 18 HP was quite a lot already.

But maybe we should just give up on trying to put a number on the Shock Rocket damage? This is open for discussion!
I see. Maybe not comparing the damage of the Shock Rocket with the damage of Rayman's normal fists is the "most correct" way to deal with it, but leaving it the way it is surely isn't bad either. I'm fine with both. :)
Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm Yeah, I'm the one who added Bégoniax's resistance back in 2011, but I should add a note to the article that the exact figure is, technically, 32 1/3. As for Razoff, it was apparently iHeckler who added the information in 2013 and whatever method he used must have been flawed, thanks for the correction!
Actually, I think that 33 HP should be ok for Bégoniax. She starts at 100 and runs away at 1. If you ignore this 1 point (since it doesn't matter anyway), you land at 99. A normal hit is equivalent to 3 pts. Therefore, 99/3 = 33. If you include the 1 point in your calculations, you end up with 100/3 = 33 1/3. Since, as you wrote, the actual hit points found with CheatEngine are rather arbitrary, it's probably better to just ignore this single hit point and use 33 as her resistance.
Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm Maybe we could add that information in a note for each enemy? While not of prime importance, I still think it's valuable.
Yes, that would be fine. For now, I only edited the Heckler article. If anyone wants to change something in the way the info is shown or correct anything, feel free to do so. For the remaining enemies I can then simply copy & paste it and just change the values. I might not be able to do so in the next days though. So, if anyone feels like taking care of it, here are the values (otherwise I'll simply do it next weekend or so):

Hoodblaster, Hoodblaster (Shield), Hoodstyler, Ninja Crab, Grim Keeper, Hoodoo, Hoodstormer, Hoodboom, Stumbleboom, Elite Monger, Elite Monger (Balloon), Lavicraft, Heckler, Bégoniax (as a toad):
Standard fist: 1; 1.25; 1.5; 1.75; 2; 2.25; 2.5; 2.75; 3 _____ HMF: 2; 2.5; 3; 3.5; 4; 4.5; 5; 5.5; 6

Reflux (DOTK5):
Standard fist: 1; 1.5; 2; 2.5; 3 _____ HMF: 2; 2.5; 3; 3.5; 4; 4.5; 5; 5.5; 6

Podocrock:
Standard fist: 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9 _____ HMF: 5; 7; 9; 11; 13; 15; 17; 19; 21

Razoff (BOM6):
Standard fist: 1; 2; 3 _____ HMF: 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7 _____ 76 with Shock Rocket, 10 falling damage

Bégoniax:
Standard fist: 1; 4/3; 5/3; 2; 7/3; 8/3; 9 _____ HMF: 2; 8/3; 3; 11/3; 4; 14/3; 16/3; 17/3; 19/3

Razoff (BOM5):
Standard fist: 1; 4/3; 5/3; 2; 7/3; 8/3; 9 _____ HMF: 2; 7/3; 8/3; 3; 10/3; 4; 13/3; 5; 16/3; 18/3

Reflux (TOTL4, 1st phase), Reflux (TOTL4, 2nd phase):
Standard fist: _____ HMF: 2; 3; 4

By the way, for documentation and because it's not trivial info, I've made a video about the HP system of the enemies. However, I'd only recommend watching it, if you're really interested. <Video>

Also, Happy 2020!!! Better late than never. :P

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Maz wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 pm I find it quite interesting how different the Scores are depending on regions. For some reason, Germany has 4 out of the top 5 spots, while other big nations - like the USA - are almost non-present. I understand that Rayman 3 doesn't have the hugest dedicated fanbase, but you'd still think there'd be more of a balance.
And yet, the US is the most represented country here. In fact, it's almost as if the only German members we have are scorers. So much for the German forums and the German wiki. :mrgreen:
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 am I see. Maybe not comparing the damage of the Shock Rocket with the damage of Rayman's normal fists is the "most correct" way to deal with it, but leaving it the way it is surely isn't bad either. I'm fine with both. :)
Yeah, the former might be a better option. Just wondering though, is there any way we could hack the game to allow the use of Rayman's fists on Master Kaag? :mefiant:
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 am Actually, I think that 33 HP should be ok for Bégoniax. She starts at 100 and runs away at 1. If you ignore this 1 point (since it doesn't matter anyway), you land at 99. A normal hit is equivalent to 3 pts. Therefore, 99/3 = 33. If you include the 1 point in your calculations, you end up with 100/3 = 33 1/3. Since, as you wrote, the actual hit points found with CheatEngine are rather arbitrary, it's probably better to just ignore this single hit point and use 33 as her resistance.
Oh, I got confused and thought you meant 1 HP as in one hit from Rayman's fist (the definition used by the wiki). Obviously, I should have known that you were referring to the HP in the game's memory. :fou2:
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 am Yes, that would be fine. For now, I only edited the Heckler article. If anyone wants to change something in the way the info is shown or correct anything, feel free to do so. For the remaining enemies I can then simply copy & paste it and just change the values. I might not be able to do so in the next days though. So, if anyone feels like taking care of it, here are the values (otherwise I'll simply do it next weekend or so):

[...]
Very good! I've slightly altered the presentation, hope you like it too.
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 am By the way, for documentation and because it's not trivial info, I've made a video about the HP system of the enemies. However, I'd only recommend watching it, if you're really interested. <Video>
Technical but interesting nonetheless! I'm thinking of adding a link to this video in the resistance article.
Maz wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 pm By the way, Happy New Year everyone!
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 am Also, Happy 2020!!! Better late than never. :P
Happy new year! :partyhat:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Happy New Year guys!

I did enjoy the video! :P BTW, if anyone's curious about the Slapdash's HP, it does indeed look like the variable is never set or read – if you look at the Slapdash's AI Model with Raymap, there are no references to HitPoints. Whereas, for example, the Hoodblaster's init function contains the lines:

Code: Select all

HitPointsProcedure(Me, 12);
HitPointsMaxProcedure(Me, 12);
Dragon Médiéval

Post by 1234 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm Just wondering though, is there any way we could hack the game to allow the use of Rayman's fists on Master Kaag? :mefiant:
Unfortunately I have no idea how that could be accomplished. Maybe Raymap can help in this matter though...
After a quick look, I think the variable for his HP might be called "int_31". If that's the case, we could simply scan the scripts for this variable and see whether we can find something interesting. Since the web version doesn't seem to have such a search option, I didn't do it yet.
Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm I've slightly altered the presentation, hope you like it too.
Yes, that definitely looks better. :) Meanwhile I've also changed the other articles (i.e. the ones about the enemies I mentioned in my previous post) as well.
PluMGMK wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:02 pm BTW, if anyone's curious about the Slapdash's HP, it does indeed look like the variable is never set or read – if you look at the Slapdash's AI Model with Raymap, there are no references to HitPoints. Whereas, for example, the Hoodblaster's init function contains the lines:

Code: Select all

HitPointsProcedure(Me, 12);
HitPointsMaxProcedure(Me, 12);
Interesting. Now I know that I didn't just miss the value for his HP. :mryellow:

Edit: Maz told/remembered me that Lavicrafts actually have different HP in the different levels. I quickly checked it and found that they have 40 HP (or 40/4 = 10) in DOTK, 50 HP (or 50/4 = 12.5) in SBTC and 35 HP (or 35/4 = 8.75) in TOTL. I added the info to the Wiki.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

1234 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:49 am Yes, that definitely looks better. :) Meanwhile I've also changed the other articles (i.e. the ones about the enemies I mentioned in my previous post) as well.
Nice! I changed the damage for a fully charged standard fist against Razoff and Begoniax from 9 to 3, as I believe it was a typo and you actually meant 9/3.

Funny that the Heavy Metal Fist can damage Razoff slightly more than other enemies (7 HP for a fully charged hit instead of 6). Same for Begoniax, to a lesser extent (6.33 HP). And Reflux 2 is the opposite, with only 4 HP. :mefiant: I didn't even know you couldn't hurt him with a standard punch, is it that he just takes no damage?

As for Podocrocks... I'm not even sure where to start, 21 HP is crazy, but the whole system barely makes any sense.
1234 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:49 am Maz told/remembered me that Lavicrafts actually have different HP in the different levels. I quickly checked it and found that they have 40 HP (or 40/4 = 10) in DOTK, 50 HP (or 50/4 = 12.5) in SBTC and 35 HP (or 35/4 = 8.75) in TOTL. I added the info to the Wiki.
Nice find, I never noticed and I must've taken the ones in TOTL as a reference.
Dragon Médiéval

Post by 1234 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:39 pm Nice! I changed the damage for a fully charged standard fist against Razoff and Begoniax from 9 to 3, as I believe it was a typo and you actually meant 9/3.
Oh, thanks! Yeah, I must have forgotten to divide the last number, and then copy & pasted it for both bosses. :?
Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:39 pm Funny that the Heavy Metal Fist can damage Razoff slightly more than other enemies (7 HP for a fully charged hit instead of 6). Same for Begoniax, to a lesser extent (6.33 HP). And Reflux 2 is the opposite, with only 4 HP. :mefiant: I didn't even know you couldn't hurt him with a standard punch, is it that he just takes no damage?
That's all rather strange, indeed. As for Reflux 2 & 3, when you hit him with normal fists, it's basically just like hitting a Heckler's shell. Even hitting Reflux 2 with the Vortex, won't make him lose any HP, despite the interaction with it. Only the HMF seems to work.
However, maybe I should mention that I tested everything only for the PC version, of course.

Incidentally, I also checked the HP from the enemies in the bonus game Commando (except for the Hoodblaster). All of the enemy's HP start at 100. When you hit the Hoodlums, their HP decrease the following way:
Hoodboom (both, the boss and the regular ones): 100 - 66 - 32 - 0 (-> damage is 34)
Hoodstormer and Heckler: 100 - 80 - 60 - 40 - 20 - 0 (-> damage is 20)

By the way, how were the pictures of the enemies in the Wiki actually made? I guess you first need the model, either by extracting it with e.g. NinjaRipper or simply by using Raymap. If so, how do you continue? The only way I know, is to take a screenshot and then remove the background with another program. However, there is surely a better and more direct way, is there?

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

1234 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 am Incidentally, I also checked the HP from the enemies in the bonus game Commando (except for the Hoodblaster). All of the enemy's HP start at 100. When you hit the Hoodlums, their HP decrease the following way:
Hoodboom (both, the boss and the regular ones): 100 - 66 - 32 - 0 (-> damage is 34)
Hoodstormer and Heckler: 100 - 80 - 60 - 40 - 20 - 0 (-> damage is 20)
I remember we tried to use Commando to impute some of the resistances but we found they were inconsistent with those of the main game.
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 am By the way, how were the pictures of the enemies in the Wiki actually made? I guess you first need the model, either by extracting it with e.g. NinjaRipper or simply by using Raymap. If so, how do you continue? The only way I know, is to take a screenshot and then remove the background with another program. However, there is surely a better and more direct way, is there?
I'm not sure how it was done, but maybe Carrot knows?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:10 pm
1234 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 am By the way, how were the pictures of the enemies in the Wiki actually made? I guess you first need the model, either by extracting it with e.g. NinjaRipper or simply by using Raymap. If so, how do you continue? The only way I know, is to take a screenshot and then remove the background with another program. However, there is surely a better and more direct way, is there?
I'm not sure how it was done, but maybe Carrot knows?
Most images were uploaded before I joined the wiki, so I can't speak for all of them. A lot of them come from official artwork though and some were probably ripped using a program such as NinjaRipper. Raymap is fairly new, so I don't believe that has been used, but it would probably serve as a good way to get future images and such. For Rayman 2 I know Robin has managed to rip the models directly from the files using the Raymap code.
Dragon Médiéval

Post by 1234 »

RayCarrot wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 pm Most images were uploaded before I joined the wiki, so I can't speak for all of them. A lot of them come from official artwork though and some were probably ripped using a program such as NinjaRipper. Raymap is fairly new, so I don't believe that has been used, but it would probably serve as a good way to get future images and such. For Rayman 2 I know Robin has managed to rip the models directly from the files using the Raymap code.
Thanks! Do you know whether you can export models in Raymap? I tried NinjaRipper, and e.g. the green gem turned out quite nicely (except for the missing shimmering effect); however, the enemy models are not in a neutral state, but rather in the state when I ripped the models (e.g. the Hoodboom is throwing his explosives etc). In Raymap I can change the state at will, but I don't know how to continue. On the other hand, with NinjaRipper I got some .rip files, which I could covert to .png files in a roundabout way (Noesis: rip -> tga; some converter: tga -> png), but, again, the models are not always optimal.

Btw, the Wiki is missing transparent pictures of some enemies, in particular the Mechanical Fish, the Spinneroo and the Zombie Chicken. Also, the picture of the Heckler has still some remains of the background in the area around the chain. Once the previously described problem is solved, I might take care of it (I want to make the pictures for myself, anyway).
Is there something like a "recommended" resolution for the Wiki? I mean, theoretically you should be able to get pictures with a ridiculously high res - e.g. the green gem below has about 5k x 7k, and it could go even higher. For me it's the higher, the better, at least until a certain limit, but maybe that's unnecessary for the Wiki.
Attachments
GreenGem.png
Last edited by 1234 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Raymap can not export models, no. But there are some people making a script to make it possible, including for Rayman 3 :)
Dragon Médiéval

Post by 1234 »

Ah ok, great. :D Is there any way to see/follow the progress, or will it just appear "out of nowhere" at some point?

RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

All modding related discussions and progress are currently happening in the Rayman Modding Discord channel. Here's an invite: (removed)
Last edited by RayCarrot on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.