[NO LONGER SUPPORTED]Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

[NO LONGER SUPPORTED]Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by Hakyra »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: I'm dropping support althogether for this mod, in favour of a brand new 4K Mod i'm doing, the alpha version for the new mod is available here: viewtopic.php?t=74821
The download links will still be available and in case they go down i will reupload them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After months of lazyness and stress The Rayman 3 4K mod is finally finished!!

This is a AI Upscale of the original PC textures with ESRGAN Fatality V2 model, i've upscaled all 1400+ textures of the game, fixed some textures and manually recreated the loading screens and logos thanks to the Rayman 3 Press Kit.

- How's this mod different from the HD mod or the HD textures from Rayman 3 HD?

- Back in 2012 Ubisoft released a very broken and quite ungraceful Remaster of Rayman 3, that version used a Lanczos Upscale (or something very similar to it) and an agressive sharpening filter, the results are not good as you can see, and leave much to be desired.

-This is where Ai upscaling comes in, using ESRGAN and the FATALITY v2 model, which powered the R2 AI mod, it's now possible to play Rayman 3 with an insane amount of detail without destroying the original look of the game.

- I also corrected the Aspect Ratio of almost every single texture, making the game much more 16/9 friendly.
if you want to play at a 4/3 aspect ratio i've also incorporated the Upscaled textures without AR correcting them, you'll have to download the Source Code files and import the textures manually with Rayman control panel.

- This mod should work with all languages as well as all the versions of the game.

Features:
- Based on the original PC release rather than the botched HD version.
- Highest and sharpest Texture Resolution of any Texture pack available thus far (4K ver.)
- Every texture has now 4 times it's original resolution.
- Upscaled using AI instead of conventional upscale methods.
- Retains the original detail of the textures while enhancing them at the same time.
- Completely Remade loading screens, with 16:9 in mind at 4K using the renders from the Rayman 3 Press Kit.
- HUD is now 16:9 friendly (aside from 2 textures which cause the game to brake).
- Great for playing at 4K and beyond.
- Some texture fixes have been made, such as the rising lava texture (as seen below).
- Since this isn't based on the Rayman 3 HD version, all texture glitches, incorrect orientation, and upscaling artifacts present in the PS3/X360 are not here.
- Open Source so you can modify it at your own will.

And 2 Remade loading screens so you can get an idea on what to expect:

HOW TO INSTALL:
- Copy and paste the tex32_1.cnt, text32_2.cnt and Vignette.cnt into ..\Rayman 3\Gamedatabin
- open Rayman Control Panel (if you don't have it download it and install it) and follow these steps:
- 1:
- 2:
- 3:

After you see that final image, you can close the window and play the game!!
Note for the 4K version: don't forget to to this again after you've copied the PART 2 files in gamedatabin after The Desert of the Knaaren/The longest shortcut, if you don't do, THE GAME WILL CRASH!!

BEFORE DOWNLOADING:
you need:
-Rayman Control Panel by RayCarrot for Syncronizing the textures.
--Link: viewtopic.php?t=25761
-Better Rayman 3 by RibShark for proper Widescreen Support and various other QoL improvements.
--Link viewtopic.php?t=12854

Known Problems
Quality has it's sacrifices, and this mod is no exception, currently there are 3-5 issues depending on your version, none of them game breaking but they should be discolsed either way:
-- First, Upon Upscaling, some seamlesness is sacrificed, i could've prevented this by tiling 3 times each texture and then only grabbing the center tile, but my vRam was at it's limit so i couldn't do it and it takes a lot of time to do this, on the positive side is that you'll rarely see this problem unless you start looking very closely.
Also R3 did have some models with some bad UV texture mapping which affected seamlessness, and this gets more aggregious with this Upscale, there's nothing i can do about that sadly, it was always there, you just didn't notice it due to the low resolution.
-- Second, The game now takes much longer to load, about 10-15 seconds on average for the 4K version, the 1080p should be pretty fast tho, but not as fast as the original.
-- Third, Alt tabbing on the 4K edition can break the game in some occasions, it seems that it happens more on the PART 1 CNT's due to beign super close to the 2GB limit.
-- Fourth, the main menu does not display correctly at some resolutions for some reason, the 4K edition on Native 4K seems to not have this issue at all.
-- And Fifth is the CNT Swaping on the 4K version, this is because of Rayman 3's 2GB RAM limit, we tried by patching the Rayman.exe to use 4GB instead but the game crashed on us. You'll just have to swap the cnt's after you beated either the desert of the Knaaren or the Longest Shortcut (can be done midway through the longest shortcut tho)

MAKE SURE THAT YOUR SCREEN RESOLUTION IS HIGHER OR EQUAL TO 1920x1080 for the 1080p MOD (and 3840x2160 for the 4K version) OR THE MAIN MENU WILL NOT SHOW PROPERLY.

Changelog:

1.1:
- ReUpscaled all Sk8 textures using Manga109attempt model instead of Fatality v2.
- Fixed an issue regarding the teensie highway which made all roads flash epileptically.
- End level Score Stars are now 16:9 friendly.
- Massively Reduced the Download sizes.

1.0:
- Original Release.

For Non-Mulit5 users: (Basically for those that have the Slovak, Czech, Hebrew, Polish or Russian versions:)
-there is an issue with the fonts, however there's an easy fix for this:
Go here and download the version you have:
https://mega.nz/folder/AvhykC6b#Ca13cB890Edcy_4TFZG8KA

now follow this steps:
1. Open RCP Rayman 3, Settings, Utilities and Open Archive Explorer.
Now:

Remember that if you playing with the 4K version you'll need to do this again after switching the CNT!!

Download:

- 4K: [2.56GB Download, 6.32GB Install]
- The intended way to play, you'll need to swap the CNT's halfway throught the game due to Rayman 3 2GB memory limitation.
https://mega.nz/folder/JiRVzKZD#dxQlEBKvtXWWpY0AgY3IXA

- 1080p [510MB Download, 1.12GB Install] [For modest users]
- These are downsampled from the 4K version, they have 50% less resolution(so 2 times their original PC resolution), but you don't need to swap the CNT's halfway through the game.
https://mega.nz/folder/kyBRSABL#G9DiPvf_rGfrpHlQ5m5YSw

- SOURCE CODE:[1.47GB Download, 1.79GB Uncompressed]
- if you want to improve/alter or just simply mess with the textures, feel free to modify or distribute my work at your pleasure.
HOWEVER:
-Please do not steal it and claim it as your own, give me credit (credit me as Hakyra)
-Please do not modify the readme files or remove the credits on Ubisoft.png inside the Vignette folder or it's .PSD in any way, thanks!!

https://mega.nz/folder/cmIBmIBR#r47ZEDVS_ymxamLbd8k3XQ
Last edited by Hakyra on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 23 times in total.
-Hakyra
SpiffyRuffleroni
Lums Rouge
Tings: 70

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod (+Widescreen supoort)

Post by SpiffyRuffleroni »

Excellent work, my friend! I love how the lava looks in this texture mod!
Creator of Rayman Arena MD, I guess lol
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

This looks amazing! :o I love the details of the particles and stuff also, even the resolution of the HUD.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Alltech
Barbara
Tings: 10293

Post by Alltech »

Now that’s what I call a fine job! 😍 Thank you for the tutorial also. 😋
😎
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Jinkies, two of these mods posted in one day! Excellent stuff, I agree that the lava is amazing!

Can't see myself using the 4k version – I opted to stick with 1080p even when buying a new monitor a few months ago, so it's probably not worth having to swap files around. Really great work though!
Steo
Globox

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod (+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by Steo »

I will definitely be trying the 4K one, but that's because I can't expect any less when I have that 4K OLED TV just sitting there looking at me. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Lifell
Électoon
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod (+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by Lifell »

Hey, thanks for the mod! I was wondering if you have a 4K version of the mod available that isn't divided into part 1 and part 2? Wondering if "Large Address Aware" application would work in solving the crash issue.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/thre ... re.112556/

This is the application I'm referring too. It should allow the game to use more than 2 GB of RAM.

EDIT: Seems it isn't too hard to make that pack myself. I don't have any sort of knowledge in regards to Rayman 3 But it seems Rayman 3 Control Panel does the trick very well. So will be testing it soon myself instead. Or I fail horribly...
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

Lifell wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:50 am Hey, thanks for the mod! I was wondering if you have a 4K version of the mod available that isn't divided into part 1 and part 2? Wondering if "Large Address Aware" application would work in solving the crash issue.

This is the application I'm referring too. It should allow the game to use more than 2 GB of RAM.

EDIT: Seems it isn't too hard to make that pack myself. I don't have any sort of knowledge in regards to Rayman 3 But it seems Rayman 3 Control Panel does the trick very well. So will be testing it soon myself instead. Or I fail horribly...
we tried with this: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 and it crashed the game everytime we exceeded 2GB, however this app might work differently.
-Hakyra
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

On another note: working on a 1.1 Update to fix certain texture bugs, glitches and reducing download sizes. it should be live later today.
-Hakyra
Lifell
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Lifell »

angzaf13 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:31 am
Lifell wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:50 am Hey, thanks for the mod! I was wondering if you have a 4K version of the mod available that isn't divided into part 1 and part 2? Wondering if "Large Address Aware" application would work in solving the crash issue.

we tried with this: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 and it crashed the game everytime we exceeded 2GB, however this app might work differently.
Ah, ok. I've tried combining the 2 parts but I think I'm messing it up. Basically extracted both the .cnt files and then combined them both with priority on the largest filesizes. So all files with a smaller size will not be combined. Then I created new .cnt archives and then copied them over to my "Gamedatabin" folder. But yeah, it just crashes during the loading of the main menu. Not a whole lot of RAM in use at that point so. Derp :P.
angzaf13 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:32 am On another note: working on a 1.1 Update to fix certain texture bugs, glitches and reducing download sizes. it should be live later today.
Awesome news :D. Wanted to replay Rayman 3 today and then stumbled on this after checking out Better Rayman 3. A lot of people have put quite an insane amount of time in this project. Really cool, thanks for sharing!
Last edited by Lifell on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Nice to hear about the update, I seen others like deton recommend to use 7zip for compression. I want to try this out later if I can get wine on my distro sorted out. :winkgrin:

Hakyra
Podocroc

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by Hakyra »

Version 1.1 is now live!!
Added a fix for the non-International version users
-Hakyra
TRJTA
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

Re: Rayman 3 4K Texture Mod[v1.1](+Widescreen support)[1080p version also available][by Hakyra]

Post by TRJTA »

Do you think it would be allowed to share the .cnt files?
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

TRJTA wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:00 pm Do you think it would be allowed to share the .cnt files?
as long as you give me credit and don't alter the credits inside Ubisoft.gf and the PSD (if you intent to share it) feel free to share it!!
-Hakyra
TRJTA
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

Post by TRJTA »

Haha no I meant would it be legal to distribute cnt game files from Rayman 3? More like concerning Ubisoft.
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

TRJTA wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 pm Haha no I meant would it be legal to distribute cnt game files from Rayman 3? More like concerning Ubisoft.
I don't think Ubisoft will care lmao, like you still need a copy of the game for them to be of any use XD.
-Hakyra
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Yeah I guess this is true, it's not like you're giving away free copies of Rayman 3.

Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

after replaying the whole game with this mod i decided that i want to polish the textures a little bit, so i decided to start one last update, v1.2 this version will probably will be the last update i'll ever do for this mod.

as for when i'll release this one it's hard to tell.

Thanks everyone that downloaded and supported this release!!
-Hakyra
Vojtazem
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by Vojtazem »

I've encountered a problem. I'm using the 1080p textures and in the part of the "Tower of Leptys", where you're using the ship turret, the game starts lagging like crazy every time, I shoot out of the turret, making these sections borderline unplayable.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Vojtazem wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:10 pm I've encountered a problem. I'm using the 1080p textures and in the part of the "Tower of Leptys", where you're using the ship turret, the game starts lagging like crazy every time, I shoot out of the turret, making these sections borderline unplayable.
I don't remember a part in The tower of the Leptys where you shoot turrets, do you mean the summit beyond the clouds with the snow? If so, maybe it's too much for your pc to handle, if so you can try The Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC, which is still good, but definitely not as good as this. My computer runs it just fine (and it's 1366 x 768), so maybe you need that, and if you want a better version with glitch fixes and widescreen, maybe get Better Rayman 3. That may fix it because this is probably made for the Better Rayman 3 mod. Hope this Helped. :D

Links:
viewtopic.php?t=12854 - Better Rayman 3
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=74274 - Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD for PC