Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm […] I got hyped again for the franchise’s super forms, and so this gave me a little idea for Rayman...
Introducing... SUPER RAYMAN!
You wouldn't be the first: viewtopic.php?t=4936 :hap: (reread this recently during my vacation…)
Chacanger
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 895

Post by Chacanger »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm I got hyped again for the franchise’s super forms, and so this gave me a little idea for Rayman...

ImageImage
Looks like Raymans been eating ReadyBrek...

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I used to eat that all the time! Called it "glop" :P
L.M. Murphy
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2446

Post by L.M. Murphy »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:31 pm *snip*
I am hoping that the "infinite dialog box" issue will be fixed. VERY annoying when trying to change a skin. Interestingly, it only happens in fullscreen, and not windowed. What happens is that the dialog box will not go away no matter what.
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed large quote
Rayman...forever?
YourClairyGodmother
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by YourClairyGodmother »

Fascinating! I can make the Rayman game of my dreams with this! :D
rayfan1995
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by rayfan1995 »

ChronicTraitor wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:29 am
rayfan1995 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:24 pm Hey guys, i made a level, and i don't know how to turn it into a .zip file. any help?
Now I've never made my own levels, so I'm not sure how much of a help I can actually be here, but I've played many other levels people have made and they're usually set up (mostly) the same way...

In a zipped folder containing the txt.file (i.e. the level itself), a Custom folder for any custom sprites and or music used, and an optional Read Me explaining what to do with the custom graphics and to give credit if needed.

On windows, Right click the main folder that everything's in, and find Send To in the list, a zipped folder should be the first option in the list. Though I'm not sure if that's what others do here...

As for making the zipped file downloadable I have no idea...There is the Raydistributor website where people upload their levels for others to download as a zip file, but I've no idea how that works. I'm sure someone more acknowledgeable can help you further, though! :wink:

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the members forum sometime, it could help you to let others know you're here! Though I'll be the first to say hi, and welcome to the RPC! :up:
Well, thanks for the high! I'm actually trying raydistributor right now
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10082

Post by ChronicTraitor »

rayfan1995 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:09 pm Well, thanks for the high! I'm actually trying raydistributor right now
You're welcome! I play lots of different user-made levels so I'm always on the look out for anything new in the Raydistributor. There hasn't been as much activity as there used to be lately...But I know about quite a few levels that are being worked on so it's all good. :winkgrin:
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

I would love a big update to Rock N Run since that is a level that needs the most updates of them all. Wait until the big update for ReDesigner and make it even better
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune

Post by nitwitsworld »

You guys might love this one. :D
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

I was just about to share that! :mryellow:

Time for some good news! Ryemanni has announced that a video showcasing the "Final Fixes and Additions Update" will premiere on Sunday (so the very first day of 2023!). A nice way to start off the year! :noel:
nitwitsworld wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:19 pm
What’s certainly interesting is that it’s the first time that Ryemanni is releasing a ReDesigner video on his main channel (which is odd considering how much he promoted Redemption before its release, but ReDesigner got dead silence on YouTube which ended up making the game far less popular than its predecessor on that site :?).
Could also be a way to prevent people from stealing the video like someone did for the first anniversary reveal released on Twitter (the guy didn’t even credit Ryemanni :mefiant:).

So, it will most likely be the second anniversary update as some people could have thought! It probably won’t have the same scale as the previous one considering what Ryemanni already said, but it may hopefully fulfill some interesting last requests! :hehe:
Well, that’s most likely the end of the ride for ReDesigner’s releases! Perhaps some more minor patches could actually be expected if some of the new features have some bugs discovered at launch (as they usually do in Redemption and ReDesigner), but that should definitely be it for content and big fixes/improvements...

Now time for some more bad news! :hap:
Dark Legacy won’t be done for this year!... Sorry! :noelfou:
However, Rayman 2 Forever ReDesigned is progressing very smoothly at the same time and the third level is complete! I’m just going to give some final touches to the bonus level and bonus screen, and I’ll release a last demo! The two world maps will be added in the final release, thus completing the Fairy Glade!

Capture d’écran (32899).png
Capture d’écran (32899).png (65.35 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
Capture d’écran (32900).png
Capture d’écran (32900).png (55.88 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
Capture d’écran (32901).png
Capture d’écran (32901).png (53.21 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
Capture d’écran (32904).png
Capture d’écran (32904).png (55.3 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
(Don’t know yet how I should handle the bonus screens from this game as they don’t really fit ReDesigner’s screen, and I already had to tweak them so they have the proper minimal height. Do you think it looks fine this way? :?:)

You may expect both this and Dark Legacy for the first weeks of January, though the time at which the game’s update is released may change that (especially if it adds a lot of interesting features fitting for GBC ReDesigned).
That also means the previous levels will have to be updated (yes, even if there’s almost no new content, just so I can make some minor improvements and get rid of the inevitable "version outdated" you’ll see when playing the levels).

Speaking of updates...
nitwitsworld wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:50 am I would love a big update to Rock N Run since that is a level that needs the most updates of them all. Wait until the big update for ReDesigner and make it even better
Yeah, that one really needs it! It’s the ReDesigner equivalent of a dinosaur, by now! :oops2:
A highly reworked version will have to be made as well as a "classic edition"! That way there’ll finally be a full Redistributor release for Rock’n’Run and its variations (yes, the "s" is important here :winkgrin: :bad:)!
If you have some suggestions, I’m all ears! :idea:

"Undefeatable Fist" may also get an expanded release depending on the updates’ content! As for other levels, they’ll all get new versions with minor improvements so everything can be up to date.
This will also be the opportunity to truly finish The Spooky RayDungeon which has become obsolete in its design ever since Noseless Rayman was actually added to the game! Though, I won’t promise a big rework here as the process is already quite a mess by now... But that’s definitely a big change to keep in mind for a possible... *ominous voice* S E Q U E L... :hinhinhin:

PluMGMK wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:43 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm […] I got hyped again for the franchise’s super forms, and so this gave me a little idea for Rayman...
You wouldn't be the first: viewtopic.php?t=4936 :hap: (reread this recently during my vacation…)
Of course. :hap:
And now I have to wash my eyes as my allergy to fanfics is only getting worse with time. :p
L.M. Murphy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:56 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:31 pm *snip*
I am hoping that the "infinite dialog box" issue will be fixed. VERY annoying when trying to change a skin. Interestingly, it only happens in fullscreen, and not windowed. What happens is that the dialog box will not go away no matter what.
Had similar issues and I reported them to Ryemanni last year (infinite window glitch when picking a skin with a controller is still an issue), so I doubt it's going to be fixed now after all this time, sadly...
ChronicTraitor wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:24 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm Heh, we all have our guilty pleasures! After all, I did enjoy the Shadow the Hedgehog game both ironically and unironically! :hap: :oops2:
[pls don't judge me I was just a stupid kid that thought edgy themes and characters were cool :'( ]
Funny, I've had that exact game on the brain for the past few days now. It's actually my favorite 'Sonic' game unironically, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either! :mryellow:

I should replay it sometime! (hopefully soon, before it takes up all of my brainspace with narm and memes) :fou:

That aside, I'll look forward to Dark Legacy, Christmas release or no! :noel:
Welp, that Christmas release is definitely not happening! :noel: :oops2:

Never thought I would have seen anyone say this about that game nowadays! :noelnoir:
Honestly, it’s still a pretty good one despite its ridiculous aspects and the reputation it got on the Internet (Sonic games are always judged more harshly online than most other franchises, after all :sad:). Haven’t played it in a while (probably didn’t touch my PS2 copy since the 2000s), but I definitely still had fun when I got the GameCube version some years ago.
Now... where’s that *damn* fourth Rayman game Chaos Emerald!? :mefiant:

Happy new year, everyone! :partyhat:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:10 pm Dark Legacy won’t be done for this year!... Sorry! :noelfou:
Aw. Well that's just something for me to look forward to in 2023 then! :wink:

I still haven't gotten around to Shadow yet either, I really haven't had the time, Christmas was crazy this year. Maybe my brain is fine with it. Or maybe that's how I'll ring in the new year. :fou:
Though the hilarious snapcube dub might've tided it over for me, I never get tired of those!
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:10 pm Now... where’s that *damn* fourth Rayman game Chaos Emerald!? :mefiant:
Maybe we need to find the computer room! :winkgrin:
I do appreciate the jokes btw, I know it's a silly game but I can't help but enjoy it.

Happy new year! :teuf:

EDIT: I managed to get storyline 222 (on accident, ironically) done before 2023, was amusing to get that damn 4th chaos emerald cutscene. Glad I could top off 2022 with some edge! :lol:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Great news everyone! Not only is the video available to watch now, but the update (version 1.4.0) is also already available to download! And it’s quite a good one I may add! :hehe:
Sure, not every request has been satisfied (obviously) especially regarding new content, but we got more than what I predicted, including some of the things I’ve requested myself!
More updates for bug fixes can still be a thing as Ryemanni said on Twitter, so make sure to report any issue!

Here's the changelog from the Game Jolt page:
GENERAL:

-Dropped 32-bit support since Game Maker dropped it too

-Fixed the long lasting issue where you couldn't save levels outside of Redesigner's appdata folder

-Fixed the object selection borders so they don't become invisible if zoomed far away

-Fixed objects getting deselected if clicking on the edges of the editor ui

-Fixed a rare crash when killing running thunderbolts

-Fixed running sound getting stuck if running into instakill spikes

-Fixed being able to move with debug fly while on a checkpoint

-Fixed lag spikes when the game loaded sprites from different texture pages

EDITOR CHANGES:

-Added a new hotkey for toggling editor object and collision visibility during testmode for easier debugging

-Made custom music and background textboxes display the full path if hovered over

-Made custom graphics now show a placeholder sprite if the graphic failed to load

-Made it so custom graphics will also check the root of the Custom folder if it cant find the correct subdirectory

-Added multiply on the numpad as a hotkey for opening the gen id prompt

-Added a way to quickly replay the same level after finishing it

-Added the Collectible Locators from Redemption as an option

OBJECT CHANGES:

-Made the running lightningbolts glow in the dark

-Made big lavaballs glow in the dark

-Made the bzzit shot able to move floating mines

-Made it so Gendoor Fairies can collect coloured Tings and Bolls

-Made Gendoor fairy able to trigger water movers

-Added an option to make Gendoor Fairy invisible

-Increased the respawn time of Spiky Yin Yang and Toy Car platform

-Magic walls can now be destroyed with a specific cage requirement

-Levers can now require a specific amount of tings to use

-Added an "in-water" sprite for the basketball

-Added the missing bongo tracks to the music selection

-Added an option to change the layer of Custom Graphics

-Added all the music tracks to the music starter and vice versa

-Added an option to stop the main music track with Music Starter

-Added a silent sfx option to gendoors and killdoors

NEW OBJECTS:

-Added Mr Dark's Tall Flame

-Added Dark Magician NPC

-Added the Ting Magnet from Redemption as a separate collectable item

-Added a new Space Mama Chaser object

-Added enemy gendoors and killdoors

-Added a magic cloud which appears when enough gifts have been opened

-Added the menace as an enemy that throws bombs which can destroy some obstacles

-Added darktoon as an enemy that flies around and shoots magic bolts
I quite like how some of the collectibles finally get some use such as the Tings, the Cages and the Gifts!
I’ve noticed an "options.ini" file has been added to the game’s folder as well, but it seems it’s only related to the 32-bit support change.
Still no True Boss Rush versions, tho... Speaking of which, I suppose Squiz's mod will have to be updated for the new releases so it can work now.

As you can see, a lot of these will be convenient for levels like Rayman GBC ReDesigned.
I’ll be able to finally do a few things that were impossible before! That’s especially going to be useful for the Mr Dark battle!
So, everything will have to be updated accordingly!...

See you later...

nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune

Post by nitwitsworld »

I wish you well also Rock N Run 10.0 coming soon with Space Mama chase scene and more NPC goodness.
Last edited by PluMGMK on Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed large quote that did not serve to add context
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Warning! As expected, this new version already has some issues, so make sure to save as often as possible when working with it.
I’ve already found a crash triggered by punching any Bad Note spitted by Mr Sax (specifically these), so be careful when you use him from now on. This has been reported and so we should expect a new update pretty soon.

Also, make sure to watch the video released by Ryemanni if you haven’t yet as it explains very well how to use some of the new features (such as the Enemy Gendoors/Killdoors, or Space Mama’s attacks).

I don’t know if the game contains a new easter egg yet (since Ryemanni likes to sneak them into brand new updates) as UndertaleModTool does not work with the new version and nothing seems to be hidden in the readme this time (I’ve even checked using a text comparator to be sure. It did get an update, but not for a secret). Maybe there’ll be one in the later patches, as it already happened with Redemption... Or maybe I’m starting to get too paranoid about these and there won’t be another one at all! :noel:

nitwitsworld wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:56 pm I wish you well also Rock N Run 10.0 coming soon with Space Mama chase scene and more NPC goodness.
Space Mama will definitely be included! However, she’s quite slow (when walking, at least) and her hitbox is far smaller, so she probably won’t be as important as the other bosses in Rock’n’Run. I already have determined some good spots where to add her.
I’m gonna see what can be done with Darktoon and the Menace too... 👀 and maybe a certain "Noseless" secret...
ChronicTraitor wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:43 am I still haven't gotten around to Shadow yet either, I really haven't had the time, Christmas was crazy this year. Maybe my brain is fine with it. Or maybe that's how I'll ring in the new year. :fou:
Though the hilarious snapcube dub might've tided it over for me, I never get tired of those!
Rayman Saturn wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:10 pm Now... where’s that *damn* fourth Rayman game Chaos Emerald!? :mefiant:
Maybe we need to find the computer room! :winkgrin:
I do appreciate the jokes btw, I know it's a silly game but I can't help but enjoy it.

Happy new year! :teuf:

EDIT: I managed to get storyline 222 (on accident, ironically) done before 2023, was amusing to get that damn 4th chaos emerald cutscene. Glad I could top off 2022 with some edge! :lol:
Snapcube did one on ShadOW THE hEDGEhog? I’ll have to check that when I have the time, then :bad:... in the computer room! :fou:
Also, thanks! Hope we’re all off to a good year this time! :) ...Cuz the trilogy we've just experienced was bad, not gonna lie... :pfff:
Though, I’m not off to a great start personally due to being sick and stressed up because of some issues related to familial reasons (one issue being health-related as well and another being the product of another disease called "stupidity" :sad: :tssk:)! And that’s why I took my time to do a full reply, and that’s why I said "see you later"... So, I hope you’re all doing better! :mrgreen: :oops2:

And have fun! :mryellow:
Whoever came up with this game’s ridiculous ideas had to be kidding... which is fine by me! :hehe:

Regarding the updates for GBC ReDesigned (and everything else), I’m already starting to plan everything so they can be done right (and so I don’t have to do multiple updates as it’s going to take freaking forever for seven levels which come in four versions each :hap: :confus: ).
They’re quite needed as the Gendoor Fairy’s new ability kinda breaks the bonus levels now as they pick any Coloured Tings on their path and there are a few of these which I had to make move all over the level so the timer can be accurate (one from Fiery Depths suffers from this problem). Mr Dark, however, has completely survived the change! :mrgreen:
I haven’t tested it yet, but it’s also possible they broke the levels with rising liquids as the ones placed above the exit signs may interact with water triggers... I’ll have to check... :mefiant:

Now here’s already a list of some planned improvements:
-Making Fairies invisible (in bonus levels and the Mr Dark battle), for immersion purposes.
-Making many Gendoors/Killdoors silent. These include nearly all of those which weren’t in the original game and which had to be added into ReDesigned for porting purposes.
-Fixing "broken" bonus levels, using a combination of the two improvements above. If you don’t hear the triggers and don’t see the fairies, now I can safely add more of them until we get to an accurate timer without needing to give fairies very complex movements all over the place! As a consequence, some tiles you can’t reach may also be changed if needed (to add or remove reactionary tiles).
-Maybe I’ll be able to do something closer to what I had planned with the graphics in Mr Dark’s battle. There are three layers for custom graphics now, so that should give more possibilities!
-The boss battle may also get a few tweaks (especially since I’ve got more possibilities with fairies now). However, I doubt I’m going to add the new flames as they’re too different from their GBC counterparts and I wouldn’t be able to killdoor them afterwards (and due to their constant effect and their unique vertical position, they can’t be used as a replacement for the fire traps in Fiery Depths/Dark Legacy either).
-Maybe Checkpoints now? I already started considering a new way to implement them for Rayman 2 Forever (as the one in the third level has the Photographer floating in the air), so I may do it now using silent Gendoors. The corresponding captors/Lums in both games will stay at their original position, but the Checkpoints (which will be spawned by these triggers if it can work) will be placed in more appropriate spots so it doesn’t look ridiculous. What do you think? :?:

It’s a shame custom music still can’t be used with the Music object despite the new changes, as I would have been able to finally use the Pirate Cage music appropriately! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Already doing some stupid experiments with the new stuff! :P

Capture d’écran (32908).png
Capture d’écran (32908).png (254.44 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
Capture d’écran (32916).png
Capture d’écran (32916).png (140.31 KiB) Viewed 2869 times

ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval

Post by ChronicTraitor »

I haven't watched the whole dub myself, just a couple animation memes of it. What I've seen of it so far was pretty funny though! I love that cutscene too, the sound of busted glass followed by everything going red alert is stupidly hilarious to me. :lol:

I think I'll wait on the Redesigner update since the new release is kinda buggy. The new objects sound like a lot of fun to play with though, and that ink lava looks super cool! :D
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune

Post by nitwitsworld »

Space Mama is looking good my dude
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune

Post by nitwitsworld »

I know this isn't anything related to Rayman but I would love it if someone uses this song at a Rayman ReDesigner level. Like a chance scene in the snow trying to catch up to someone. Or running away from someone. :oops2: Would be perfect for a Rock N Run 7 Snow level
Dark Skink
Paluchard
Tings: 507

Post by Dark Skink »

And yet no custom skins for Bzzit nor the checkpoint without it i feel the game it's incomplete.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

1.4.1 is here! The quick bug fixes!
As stated by Ryemanni, a version 1.4.2 will come later to fix more issues that still need to be solved.

Changelog:
-Fixed a crash when killing bad notes spawned by Mr Sax

-Fixed space mama not having a falling animation when walking off a ledge

-Fixed being able to use checkpoints when riding the dino

-Fixed some enemies falling through the bouncy collision types

-Shortened the 'show editor objs' string

-Added a confirmation when restarting a level from the beginning

-Made it so enemy gendoors and killdoors work on enemies that have already been gendoored
EDIT: I have found some new serious issues related to skins. You can still safely select skins for Rayman (although this leads to strange menu behaviours especially in the main menu), but picking a skin for Bzzit or the checkpoints will either restart the level or crash the game if you were on the main menu. Caution is advised!

Also, the save bug (which version 1.4.0 was intended to fix) is only partially squashed as the game will still attempt to save to the appdata folder if you wanted to put your level into the program's directories, so be careful with that as you can lose your work if it goes wrong like before!
Apparently, this is due to an issue with Game Maker (so if anyone is very knowledgable on the topic and could provide a solution to Ryemanni, that would be very appreciated): https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1611252847210897408

Dark Skink wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:02 am And yet no custom skins for Bzzit nor the checkpoint without it i feel the game it's incomplete.
Same for other highly requested features and some content still missing from Rayman 1 and Redemption, but we all have to come to terms with the fact that's it's most likely never going to happen at this point, at least from Ryemanni.

ChronicTraitor wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:43 pm I love that cutscene too, the sound of busted glass followed by everything going red alert is stupidly hilarious to me. :lol:

I think I'll wait on the Redesigner update since the new release is kinda buggy. The new objects sound like a lot of fun to play with though, and that ink lava looks super cool! :D
Out of all the sounds they could have used, they had to pick that generic broken-jar.mp3 sound effect... It's just perfect! :noel:

Same. I won't do any major work until it becomes truly stable, although it must be much better already by now.
Some liquid combinations really look cool! This one looks like some flaming oil! I also used it for Rock'n'Run back in the days!

Though, that screenshot was completely unrelated to that level (whose update may not even be completed for this month as I have way too many things to do in my life) aside from the similar type of gameplay.
It's actually something that's going to be added to Undefeatable Fist if it really goes beyond the experimental stage! :hehe:
Capture d’écran (32925).png
Capture d’écran (32925).png (145.48 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Now featuring a pirate grid in the background! Gotta secure the oil extraction site from pesky limbless heroes! :P

So, while I can't really create anything in the game yet, I'm going to promote some levels which were never shared here by some people who did join the RPC! Two of them being made by someone who is still a beginner at level editing in ReDesigner!
Try these out, they're very fun levels!
-My First Level (made by Raydijay)
-Noseless’ Mansion (made by Raydijay)
-Flying Danger (made by RaymanRedemption/Ray296)

They're all showcased in that video as well as a few more from RaymanRedemption/Raychat!

ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:45 pm Out of all the sounds they could have used, they had to pick that generic broken-jar.mp3 sound effect... It's just perfect! :noel:
Had no idea that was a generic stock sound, no wonder that cutscene makes me laugh! :lol:

I did get the newest version of Raydesigner, but I think I'll wait till the serious bugs are squished. Some of those levels look interesting, I recognize Getting Lost in the bottom right corner of that video! :mryellow: