RAYMAN IS BACK in 3D in new Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
ArendAlphaEagle
Lums
Tings: 40

Re: RAYMAN IS BACK in 3D in new Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC

Post by ArendAlphaEagle »

ilovelums27 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:57 pm It's different, but still recognisable. I remember feeling weirded out seeing the new Rayman designs in Rayman 3 and Origins. It's some getting used to. But this poster also confirms that Rayman is front and center in this adventure and not just a plucky side-character or an unlockable. And that makes me excited! Can't wait to see gameplay and what it'll mean for the future of Rayman.
Donkey Kong was also front and center in his adventure from Kingdom Battle's 3rd DLC, so I was hoping it'd be the same deal with Rayman.
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10082

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Aww he has hoodie pockets! :coeur: I like this new design already!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I think someone had the prediction that the Robo-Pirates could appear in some shape or form (since they fit the space theme). For the Donkey Kong DLC there was a rabbid Cranky Kong, so I wonder if something from the Glade of Dreams will appear in the Rayman DLC.
Crash267
Bracadabreur
Tings: 3961

Post by Crash267 »

What does the record player plunger 🪠 and rubber duck mean it's a conspiracy 🤔 :mryellow: :fou: :?: :paranormal:
Great there's leaks now too i don't know if someone should make a thread for the leaks but there's A BIG ONE I FOUND AT REDDIT BUT REMEBERE IT COULD ALWAYS BE FAKE IT SEEMS REAL TO ME THOUGH aw man caps lock was turned on
pick a Snow cone? :mefiant: :manger: :lol:
red snow cone? https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAE
Blue snow cone?https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/christma ... nouncement
Green snow conehttps://www.jibjab.com/view/make-previe ... 5e53dabe23
CHRISTMAS! has came hooray hooray have a good day :noel: :noelfou: :noelnoir:
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Hey, here's this interesting tweet that says that the brush and record player could hint at a possible Band Land and Picture City being in it: https://twitter.com/maedagoof/status/15 ... 4020070401
Maybe, what I said in the leaks topic could be even to a greater extent.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Picture City perhaps, but the record player reminds me more of the original RRR, or perhaps of the Desert of Dijiridoos…
Crash267
Bracadabreur
Tings: 3961

Post by Crash267 »

If those represent worlds what does the tv mean
pick a Snow cone? :mefiant: :manger: :lol:
red snow cone? https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAE
Blue snow cone?https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/christma ... nouncement
Green snow conehttps://www.jibjab.com/view/make-previe ... 5e53dabe23
CHRISTMAS! has came hooray hooray have a good day :noel: :noelfou: :noelnoir:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

When I see the new Rayman I see this:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Band Land and Picture City in 3D? I'd love to see that after all this teasing from the cancelled Rayman 4, though it's a long shot and those items could indeed mean anything.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

RaymanM64 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:12 pm I like this design, I think it's pretty cool (I prefer it than the 3D model of Rayman Origins/Legends version, which was nice but not more)

On this one, we can see the features we know from Rayman 3
PluMGMK wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:48 pm Late 2023? We could all be dead by then! :confus: (That's a thing my mother would say, and her mother before her…)

Anyway, he does look better than the Smash trophy!
This and this. :noel:

Well, I really like the design! That's probably the best-looking Rayman we had in over a decade! :nostalgic:
I do appreciate the fact that they actually tried to do something new (unlike the Ubi Art games which barely tried aside from making the characters sillier), while staying true enough to Rayman's previous designs!
But since I'm the official party pooper of this topic, I am contractually obligated to declare that I still prefer his appearances from the original Rayman trilogy. :hap:

Heh, that's a close fourth! :mryellow: Fourth!? OMFG RAMEN 4 CONFERMEAD!!!!!

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:03 am Picture City perhaps, but the record player reminds me more of the original RRR, or perhaps of the Desert of Dijiridoos…
Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:04 pm Band Land and Picture City in 3D? I'd love to see that after all this teasing from the cancelled Rayman 4, though it's a long shot and those items could indeed mean anything.
The record player does seem like it's from the original RRR (a Band Land reference might be looking into it way too much, even if it'd incredible), while the paint brushes fully feel like something from Picture City.
I'd definitely love to see some areas and ideas returning from those games! The 3D Picture City and Band Land like the ones from "Rayman 4" would be amazing in particular!
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Fucking POCKETS!

Looks great, Mario + Rabbids is great, the DLC will be great, however fuck Ubisoft and their Activision-level business practices. I'm gonna try to get the Gold Edition of the game secondhand sometime next year before the DLC drops. I love the Mario + Rabbids team, but supporting Ubisoft is a no-go.

I feel honored to be a part of RaymanPC history as "the Rayman Origins complainer" when I was 13 years old. However that's not me anymore, we Rayman fans are even more desperate than we were back then, so now I'd be grateful to get a keychain with Murfy's face on it.

Acarr said on Twitter that Rayman's head looks too far away from his body, so now I can't unsee that.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Sabertooth wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:15 pm Fucking POCKETS!
Technically one pocket I guess :fou:
Sabertooth wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:15 pm Looks great, Mario + Rabbids is great, the DLC will be great, however fuck Ubisoft and their Activision-level business practices. I'm gonna try to get the Gold Edition of the game secondhand sometime next year before the DLC drops. I love the Mario + Rabbids team, but supporting Ubisoft is a no-go.
Should I add this quote to my collection too I wonder?
Sabertooth wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:15 pm I feel honored to be a part of RaymanPC history as "the Rayman Origins complainer" when I was 13 years old. However that's not me anymore, we Rayman fans are even more desperate than we were back then, so now I'd be grateful to get a keychain with Murfy's face on it.
I still don't understand why we should be so desperate. We have between two and five good games (depending on which camp(s) you subscribe to), and several good fangames both released and in active development
Sabertooth wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:15 pm Acarr said on Twitter that Rayman's head looks too far away from his body, so now I can't unsee that.
I think it looks fine. If anything the perspective on his fists looks a bit wonky without a "real" environment in the background…
ArendAlphaEagle
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by ArendAlphaEagle »

Honestly, all designs of Rayman so far are great IMO. Classic Rayman, Great Escape Rayman, Hoodlum Havoc Rayman, Origins/Legends Rayman, and Sparks of Hope Rayman are all top-tier designs to me.

I think Origins/Legends Rayman is my personal favorite, though there's a lot of things about the new design I love as well.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

THE EYEBROWS ARE OFFICIAL

now I disappear again bye
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Sounds like I'll have to add a certain quote, from the user (sometimes) known as "Melody", to my collection :hap:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I’m also not a huge fan of the eyebrows and would have preferred something closer to the Rayman 3 style but honestly, I don’t really mind. I’m a lot more interested in how they’ll incorporate Rayman’s universe into the DLC.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

For those expecting other Rayman characters to make an appearance, don't get your hopes up. The DK Adventure expansion, while excellent, doesn't include any DK characters besides Donkey Kong himself. If the Rayman DLC is the same, it will only include Rayman himself along with a few references and familiar music tracks.

Not to diminish excitement or anything, it will still likely be awesome!
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Familiar music tracks? That in itself would break with tradition, normally every new game has a new composer. (Well, except Legends I guess…)
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

The truth has finally been revealed, folks! We're never getting Rayman 4 if we keep begging for Rayman's return. :hap:
https://twitter.com/CamembertRoti/statu ... 9753036800

The Truth about Rayman 4.png
The Truth about Rayman 4.png (35.15 KiB) Viewed 2567 times

To be honest, I expected the release date to be at least 4442 by now, so this is pretty good news! :noel:
Last edited by Mortamon Saturn on Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

rayman_feel_sad_meme.jpg
rayman_feel_sad_meme.jpg (315.54 KiB) Viewed 2564 times