Rayman's origins in Origins conflicts with Rayman 2.

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Purple Bubble
Lums
Tings: 25

Rayman's origins in Origins conflicts with Rayman 2.

Post by Purple Bubble »

Rayman's origins in Origins conflicts with Rayman 2, since this implies that the Rayman and Jano never met before the events of Rayman 2, can add it to the Rayman (character) article?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Rayman's origins in Origins conflicts with Rayman 2.

Post by Hunchman801 »

I suppose that makes sense, yes!
Purple Bubble
Lums

Post by Purple Bubble »

Another thing is that everything regarding the Glade of Dreams is treated as a legend with different interpretations in the series. One thing is the unreliable and conflicting story regarding Rayman and Jano, but there's also Ly treating Polokus and the 4 masks as a legend when freed by Rayman in ''Rayman 2'', plus there are also the different legendary origin-stories regarding Rayman and Globox and why they are what and how they are.
Last edited by Purple Bubble on Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

It's better to be as specific as possible rather than attempt to project the status of some statement from the manual into the series' lore. Since the manual for Rayman Origins does not explicitly state this origin story to be a legend of the Glade, let's stick to "according to the manual of Rayman Origins". :)
Purple Bubble
Lums

Post by Purple Bubble »

You probably right, thanks. And thanks also for making me notice that I mistakenly wrote "leend" instead of "legend". One question, in your opinion, how am I doing here as an editor? Am I doing a good job?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I think you're doing great! Your help with the wiki is much appreciated and because I sometimes have to amend a few things does not mean you're not doing well, it's just that you're touching on hard subjects, such as the inconsistency of the Rayman lore, which are hard to tackle and require us to be as careful and factual as possible and avoid making any unnecessary assumptions. Keep up the good work! :up:
Purple Bubble
Lums

Post by Purple Bubble »

I appreciate so much. The argument of the inconsistencies in the Rayman continuity is particularly dear to me recently because people tend to not notice them and maybe don't know the various origin-stories even in manual or special editions of other games and I find important to punctualize it here since this is the most trusted source on Rayman with hardcore real experts globally (oh, thank you also for the correction about the continuity). Again, I really appreciate your appreciation for my work. Thank you so much. :')
Last edited by Purple Bubble on Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I think this is cool, I never noticed some of those inconsistencies, so thank you! ❤️