Rayman Fanfic Idea?

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TheRealSky41
Lums
Tings: 40

Rayman Fanfic Idea?

Post by TheRealSky41 »

When I first played Rayman, I already was in love with the idea of fanfics. I was thinking the other day: "Rayman is a pretty cool franchise that I really like, wouldn't it be cool to make a fanfic about it?" And I came up with a couple ideas, but I don't know which one to run with, so I am going to ask the forums, which Rayman fanfic topic would you most likely read?

- A story that mostly revolves around the Baby Globoxes, and maybe someone kidnaps them, and Rayman and Globox has to save them (Maybe introduces some new characters)
- A story that is mostly about Polokus' story and the creation of his first nightmare.
- A story that plays after the events of all the games, and maybe even reaches out into the far future.
- A story that stretches the Rayman world out, and reveals even more locations after the original games.
- A story about the First King and his reign.
- A story about what happened to Mr. Dark after the events of Rayman 1.
- A story where Rayman is defeated by Admiral Razorbeard at the end of Rayman 2, and the Glade of Dreams is idle.
- A story that opens up more things about the Nymphs, and what happened to them after Rayman Origins.

If you have any other idea for a fanfic, let me know! Thanks!
Achievements in gaming:
[*] Rayman Origins twice, and Legends once maxed
[*] Super Meat Boy maxed
[*] Celeste maxed
[*] Cuphead maxed
[*] Getting Over It 24 min speedrun
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Re: Rayman Fanfic Idea?

Post by Elite Piranha »

I really like the following:
- A story that is mostly about Polokus' story and the creation of his first nightmare.
In fact, I wrote a small text about the story of Polokus and the first nightmare, but I never posted it because it was really bad (specially considering that english is not my first language).
- A story that plays after the events of all the games, and maybe even reaches out into the far future.
The futuristic/outer space side of the Rayman universe has many aspects that can be explored:
  • The Mysterious Guild that hires robo-pirates (and probably other organizations) to capture creatures from other worlds, so they can be added to the intergalactic circus.
  • The organization that the General is part of, and the possible connection with Tonic Trouble.
  • The travels of Polokus to distant places of the universe (since he isinmortal, his stories can take place very far into the future).
  • The story of Joe and how he ended up in Rayman's world.
  • Robotoma, the planet where the robo-pirates originated (headcanon).
  • A possible future where the rabbids disseminated to other places of the universe, creating other rabbid species, including some that were more advanced and even wise.
- A story about what happened to Mr. Dark after the events of Rayman 1.
I had said this before, but I like to imagine that Mr. Dark had a Voldemort phase, in which he was reduced to almost nothing after being defeated, but found a way to control others from the shadows and slowly regain his strength and followers. Anything related to Mr. Dark is interesting to me, since there is still mystery about what he is exactly and what is his real identity.
TheRealSky41
Lums

Post by TheRealSky41 »

The Mysterious Guild that hires robo-pirates (and probably other organizations) to capture creatures from other worlds, so they can be added to the intergalactic circus.
I remember this storyline... I think? But I never really dug myself in it, so I don't really remember much about the Mysterious Guild sadly.
The story of Joe and how he ended up in Rayman's world.
Do you mean the extra-terrestrial from a late point in Rayman 1? Because if yes, I had stuff to think about with him in mind.
I like to imagine that Mr. Dark had a Voldemort phase
I was actually thinking that when I first looked into the ending of Rayman 1 (I never got the game because I discovered the franchise in 2011 but I might try to get it now that I got this idea again), that Mr. Dark could have been reduced to a weaker form of himself, or maybe he is really just roaming the Glade of Dreams in someone else's body...
Attack of the Killer Rabbids From Outer Space
It's kinda facinating how (imo) weird and bizarre the Rabbids franchise became, almost turning some dumb rabbits into blood thirsty monsters, and how much of a weird twist it has shown that the game that started off as a mild kids game, became one of the most brutal survival horror games (imo again) that literally got cancelled. But maybe if I remade the story where they attacked the Glade of Dreams, or something along the lines, maybe, just maybe I would make a good enough story. Who knows, I'll consider it.
I wrote a small text about the story of Polokus and the first nightmare, but I never posted it
That makes me quite happy that I am not the only person who has thought about this idea. Also, if you still have it, I would gladly read it if it's not a problem for you.
There is still mystery about what he is exactly and what is his real identity.
I actually wanted to flesh that out in the story about what happened to Mr. Dark, and maybe even go into some Magician territory.
Achievements in gaming:
[*] Super Meat Boy maxed
[*] Celeste maxed
[*] Cuphead maxed
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

TheRealSky41 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:48 am
The Mysterious Guild that hires robo-pirates (and probably other organizations) to capture creatures from other worlds, so they can be added to the intergalactic circus.
I remember this storyline... I think? But I never really dug myself in it, so I don't really remember much about the Mysterious Guild sadly.
Everything that is known about it can be found here.
TheRealSky41 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:48 am
I wrote a small text about the story of Polokus and the first nightmare, but I never posted it
That makes me quite happy that I am not the only person who has thought about this idea. Also, if you still have it, I would gladly read it if it's not a problem for you.
Well, there are many things to fix, but here is the current version of the text:
The first Glade of Dreams

From the consciousness of a thousand scattered pieces, he was born. Strange and marvellous, Polokus travelled through the space and descended to the planet that was the closest to him and explored the deserted landscapes; there were no interesting lifeforms and the climate conditions were unpleasant to say the least. The creator, instinctively, turned his thoughts into reality and gave shape to the first Glade of Dreams, his personal paradise, where he would be able to lay back, rest and enjoy life. The world was quickly filled with all kinds of joyful creatures and colorful landscapes, which Polokus later expanded and modified to his liking. Everything was happiness, Polokus granted wishes to everyone and made sure they had what they needed. He also loved to take naps, in hopes that he could be inspired by the muse, who occasionally visited him in his dreams.

One day, without explanation, a nap turned into a sleep, and the sleep turned into what it felt like an eternal slumber. The inhabitants of the Glade of Dreams grew concerned and started to pray for him to wake up again, since they had became dependant on him to live their peaceful lives. While the creator was sleeping, a temple was built around him; meanwhile in the outside, life became harsher for the inhabitants of the Glade. Some of them became corrupted, others started fighting each other over the scarce food and clean water, some others raised to power claiming to enact the will of the creator. Different factions were formed, one decided that it would be a sin to disturb the dreams of the creator and protected the temple were his body was snoring, other groups thought it would be better to try to wake him up by whatever means necessary. While this turmoil was happening, the screams and the atmosphere of despair reached Polokus in his temple and disturbed his dreams, his mouth started mumbling weird sounds and his breath became unstable. Polokus was having a nightmare, and what he saw in his mind was beyond his wildest imaginations: malicious beings of impossible proportions, miserable beings craving for help, horrors of many shapes and forms.

After what felt like an entire lifetime, the visions became so dreadful that Polokus could not take it anymore and woke up, however to his dismay, the things he saw in nightmares didn't disappear, but the contrary, they materialized in the Glade of Dreams and started destroying everything around them. Polokus had to act fast, he tried to make them disappear with his mind, but nothing happened, so with all his powers and all the effort he could muster, he opened a gate to a deserted world, captured all the nightmares he were creating mayhem and sent them to the other side of the gate. Unfortunately, by the time he was done it was too late, the first Glade of Dreams that he spent so much time creating was completely destroyed, and all of the inhabitants that used to live there had perished. With deep regret, Polokus sat in the debris of what used to be his paradise and with tears in his eyes contemplated the once again desolated land.

Polokus came to the conclusion that it was too dangerous to let himself sleep again for that long, at least, until he undestood his powers better and knew how to stop a disaster like this from occuring again, so he decided to travel very far away and return once he felt he was ready to create another Glade of Dreams, however before leaving, there was something that worried him. Polokus was afraid that his worst nightmares, which he couldn't destroy, would find a way to escape, so he made a deal with the only monster that would listen to him, Jano. No one knows what Polokus offered to the nightmare, but Jano accepted and became the guardian of what would be later known as the Cave of Bad Dreams.

Meanwhile, hidden from everyone, colossal monsters and unspeakable horrors were locked away. Abandoned and trapped in their own world, the nightmares resented their creator, and filled with ever growing malice and anger, made a promise to escape one day and devour him and his new Glade of Dreams. Only the guardian has the key to the door that should never be opened.
TheRealSky41
Lums

Post by TheRealSky41 »

I actually really like your story, and considering that english is not my first language either, I think that it is really cool.
Polokus was afraid that his worst nightmares, which he couldn't destroy, would find a way to escape, so he made a deal with the only monster that would listen to him, Jano. No one knows what Polokus offered to the nightmare, but Jano accepted and became the guardian of what would be later known as the Cave of Bad Dreams.
I love this one line because it shows how desperate measures this universe can lean to to get out of an uncomfortable situation. And actually this really seems like a thing that could have influenced Polokus's behaviour in the later games like Rayman Origins. It really brings out that feeling Polokus gives off in later games.
Polokus could not take it anymore and woke up, however to his dismay, the things he saw in nightmares didn't disappear, but the contrary, they materialized in the Glade of Dreams and started destroying everything around them.
This is the moment that I think made Polokus the way he is. The moment really captures the feeling of Polokus and the over all energy that he gives off, as I said before.
Polokus was having a nightmare, and what he saw in his mind was beyond his wildest imaginations: malicious beings of impossible proportions, miserable beings craving for help, horrors of many shapes and forms.
This. Is. Fanfiction, people. This is high-tier describing material, borderline "The Stone-Hearted Man's Sons" description. (That is a hungarian book that you must read in I think 7th or 8th grade. It's pain. PAIN I TELL YOU. The level of describing in there is mad. The first 6 pages are just talking about how the water flows in the sea.) This describing is awesome. Not going too long, also describes the things visible in the moment. I think this is the best description of anything I have seen this year. The description of what kind of monsters Polokus saw, it's... *chef's kiss*
One day, without explanation, a nap turned into a sleep, and the sleep turned into what it felt like an eternal slumber.
This is like in Rayman Legends. Rayman Legends perfectly captured this. I almost instantly thought about the intro of Rayman Legends when I read this.
Last edited by TheRealSky41 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achievements in gaming:
[*] Super Meat Boy maxed
[*] Celeste maxed
[*] Cuphead maxed
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

TheRealSky41 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:58 pm
Polokus was having a nightmare, and what he saw in his mind was beyond his wildest imaginations: malicious beings of impossible proportions, miserable beings craving for help, horrors of many shapes and forms.
This. Is. Fanfiction, people. This is high-tier describing material, borderline "The Stone-Hearted Man's Sons" description. (That is a hungarian book that you must read in I think 7th or 8th grade. It's pain. PAIN I TELL YOU. The level of describing in there is mad. The first 6 pages are just talking about how the water flows in the sea.) This describing is awesome. Not going too long, also describes the things visible in the moment. I think this is the best description of anything I have seen this year. The description of what kind of monsters Polokus saw, it's... *chef's kiss*
Thanks, but to be honest I think I probably paraphrased or was inspired by one of Super Eyepatch Wolf narrations. I think what Polokus saw in his first nightmare before waking up, could be explored in more length and detail (it can even be its own mini-story); as nightmares in real life do, they can represent Polokus' fears, concerns and thoughts/memories that he represses when he is awake. In general, I like when we get to see someones dreams and nightmares, it an useful way to tell us more about the character in an abstract way, so there is a lot of room for different interpretations. The Glade of Dreams is the place where Polokus wants to be, his personal heaven; the Cave of Bad Dreams is the personal hell that he never meant to create and that he constantly avoids, however like in real life, if you constantly avoid a problem, it becomes bigger and bigger, until you have no other option but to deal with it.

I'm definitely lacking in the describing department, since my vocabulary is limited and I'm not an avid reader or writer. However, I do want to improve my descriptions of the monsters that Polokus saw, as well as my drawings and image edits of them.
TheRealSky41
Lums

Post by TheRealSky41 »

I have wrote some very old fanfics of different things that I don't think I have anymore, but I have never described something as good as that one line. Honestly, if I didn't know, I would think english is your first language. I might do a story on one of the topics you suggested, thanks for suggesting them!
Achievements in gaming:
[*] Super Meat Boy maxed
[*] Celeste maxed
[*] Cuphead maxed