Difference between revisions of "Axel"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
* Axel's name in French, Agagl, is a
* Axel's name in French, Agagl, is a onomatopoeia for the feeling of cold.
* In the
* In the version of Rayman 2, it is mentioned that [[Ly]] spoke with [[Umber]] and [[Foutch]] to attempt to get them to help Rayman. Strangely, however, she never makes this attempt with Axel (as Axel does not know Rayman's name when he appears).
Revision as of 15:01, 30 May 2012
|Appears in||Rayman 2: The Great Escape|
|Location||The Sanctuary of Water and Ice|
Who is it that dares disturb the tranquility of this place?—Axel, Rayman 2: The Great Escape (PlayStation version)
Role in the games
Unlike most bosses in the series, Axel only takes one hit to be destroyed, making him less powerful than some of the other Guardians. He attacks by throwing icicles at Rayman, who has to get to him by swinging across a series of Purple Lums in the air. Once close enough, Rayman shoots an overhanging icicle with his magic fist, causing it to fall on to Axel's head, defeating him in a single hit. In most versions of the game he explodes and evaporates into the air with a roar of rage; in the PlayStation version, the icicle sticks on his head and he slowly sinks into the fountain below him, where he dissolves.
Axel does not appear to be an inherently evil being; like the other Guardians, he was created by Polokus to guard his four magical Masks and prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. The PlayStation version of the game contains additional cutscenes in which Rayman engages in dialogue with the Guardians Axel, Umber and Foutch; in the conversation with Axel, it is revealed that he regards Rayman as a thief who threatens the safety of the first Mask. When Axel attacks Rayman, he is ultimately acting under the instructions of Polokus.
Like the other Guardians, Axel's name is not given in the PlayStation version Rayman 2. Axel does not appear in Rayman 2 Forever, the Game Boy Color adaptation of the game; neither do any of the other bosses.
- Axel's name in French, Agagl, is a French onomatopoeia for the feeling of cold.
- In the PlayStation version of Rayman 2, it is mentioned that Ly spoke with Umber and Foutch to attempt to get them to help Rayman. Strangely, however, she never makes this attempt with Axel (as Axel does not know Rayman's name when he appears).
|Characters from Rayman 2|
|Friends from Rayman 2|
|Rayman • Globox • Murfy • Baby Globoxes • Grand Minimus • Teensies • Ly • Ssssam • Bzzit • Polokus • Clark • Carmen • Umber • Uglette|
|Bosses from Rayman 2|
|Axel • Jano • Ninjaws • Boss Biditank • Spyglass Pirate • Boss Chenille • Foutch • Clark • Grolem 13 • Grolgoth • Admiral Razorbeard|