Difference between revisions of "Flying shell"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
[[fr:Obus à pattes gris]]
[[fr:Obus à pattes gris]]
Latest revision as of 17:25, 6 September 2019
Flying shells are missiles in Rayman 2 which, unlike normal shells, can fly in the air. They do not need to be tamed and seem to show a certain liking towards Rayman, as can be seen in the final battle where one comes up and helps him fight the Grolgoth. When on a flying shell, Rayman can turn freely in any direction, and can stabilize the shell by holding the strafing button. This does however not work on the Nintendo 3DS version. Flying shells are usually grey in color, but some of them appear to be yellow, just like walking shells.
- In the Prison Ship, once Rayman flips the switch to activate the generator in the control room, a flying shell appears. Rayman uses the shell to cross the lava chamber and fly into the depths of the Buccaneer, in order to free the prisoners and approach the final battle with Admiral Razorbeard.
- In Rayman Revolution, after freeing the prisoners, Rayman returns to the Rainbow Creek, where a flying shell has appeared. The Grand Minimus instructs Rayman to jump on it to get to Razorbeard.
- In the Crow's Nest, after the floor caves in, and the Grolgoth and Rayman both fall into the lava-filled interior, Rayman encounters a flying shell, which he rides during the second part of the battle with Razorbeard.
- During the development of Rayman 2, the flying shell didn't exist at first, being originally a walking shell running on the ceiling.
- There is some inconsistency in the coloring of the flying shell in the Crow's Nest. In the PC and Dreamcast versions, this shell is yellow, like walking shells, and not grey like the one in the Prison Ship. This may have been unintentional, as the Nintendo 64, DS, PlayStation and PlayStation 2 versions change the color in the cutscenes to grey. However, the PlayStation 2 version still shows the flying shell in yellow color during the battle itself, creating a different inconsistency. Only the PlayStation, Nintendo 64 and DS versions have the flying shell consistently colored grey everywhere.
- L'Histoire de Rayman, Chapter 3 - Rayman 2 : The Great Escape, or the challenge of the 3D
|Admiral Razorbeard • Spyglass Pirate • Ninjaws • Boss Biditank • Robot Dinosaur • Grolgoth • Razorwife • Henchman 1000|
|Henchmen 800 • Gorilla Pirates • Warships • Barrel Pirates • Ninja Henchmen • List of Robo-Pirates in Rayman 2|
|Henchman 800 models|
|Red Henchman 800 • Green Henchman 800 • Purple Henchman 800 • Yellow Henchman 800 • Zombie Henchman 800 • Grey-brown Henchman 800 • Grey Henchman 800 • Blue Henchman 800|
|The General • Helicopter bomb • Shell • Walking shell • Red walking shell • Flying shell|