|Appears in||Rayman 2: The Great Escape|
Ape Pirates are powerful Robo-Pirates from Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Rayman 2: Revolution, and Rayman DS. They are notable for being near-invincible. They also make a cameo appearance on a production line in the Electric Final race course in Rayman M.
In many ways, Ape Pirates seem like a typical first-mate pirate, comparable in apparel to Mr. Smee from Disney's Peter Pan. However, unlike Smee, Ape Pirates are brainless and exist only to clobber intruders to their territory. They are short, stubby, and plump.
Ape Pirates attack in only one way: they charge, run over their foe, and run away. Unfortunately for them, their lack of intelligence does not stop them where their foe jumps, and so if somebody such as Rayman jumps right next to a cliff, the Ape Pirate is sure to fall a great distance and explode.
Another way to handle an Ape Pirate is by lobbing a Plum at one's head.
- The Bayou (debut)
- Whale Bay (Rayman 2 only, and except in the PS1 version)
- Sanctuary of Stone and Fire (Except in the PS1 version)
- Echoing Caves
- Top of the World (Rayman 2 only, and except in the PS1 version)
- The Iron Mountains/Gloomy Island
- Electric Final (as a cameo in Rayman M)