- This article is about the gems from Rayman 3. For the gems in Rayman Adventures, see Gem (Rayman Adventures).
These are splendid jewels that the game developers have scattered around for purely aesthetic reasons. The Hoodlums collect them and put them into Porkibanks – pig-shaped money boxes that go all snouty when you beat them. You'll need to load your fist to break them.—Manual, Rayman 3
Jewels, also known as Gems, are collectible items found in Rayman 3 and Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge. They are the primary means of collecting points, and effective collection of these in addition to other means of obtaining points is necessary to getting Murfy Stamps. Their shape and colour determines the amount of points the player gets for collecting them.
In Rayman 3
They come in three colours: yellow, red, and green, each giving a different number of points. They can be found scattered around each level, some in Rayman's path, some hidden. Once Rayman has destroyed a cage and freed the Teensies inside, they may give Rayman some jewels.
- Yellow Jewels are shaped like diamonds with a point on top. They are the most common type of jewel that can be collected, and are worth 10 points or 20 points if the score multiplier is active due to having a Laser-Washing Powder power equipped.
- Red Jewels have a similar appearance to cut rubies, and are worth 30 points, they do not appear as commonly as the yellow jewels, but not as scarcely as the green jewels. They are worth 60 points if the score multiplier is active due to having a Laser-Washing Powder power equipped.
- Green Jewels are cut in a tear-drop shape, and are the most rare jewel in Rayman 3, collecting one will give 1500 points, or 3000 points if the score multiplier is active due to having a Laser-Washing Powder power equipped. Collecting all of these in Rayman 3 HD will unlock the trophy/achievement Green's so in.
In Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge, the spin-off sequel to Rayman 3, it uses a similar scoring system, but there are now more types of jewels. Unlike Rayman 3, all jewels share the same fine cut diamond shape, but they do have variations in colour.
- Red Jewels are worth 100 points.
- Green Jewels are worth 200 points.
- Yellow Jewels are worth 350 points.
- Blue Jewels are worth 500 points.
- Silver Jewels are worth 900 points.