Shadow Plain is the first of three Beginner League battle arenas in Rayman M and the first round of Cup 1 League in Rayman Arena. It features a basic set-up to allow new players to become accustomed to the game.
Description (Rayman M)
Shadow Plain is a dark and simple square-shaped map that is generally rather open and located in the haunted areas from the Glade of Dreams, probabily in the proxitimities of the the Tomb of the Ancients in Rayman 2, as its visual presentation suggests. It is surrounded by deformed and broken metal fences with skull symbols and sharp edges with mountain walls on the left side, higher levels of land in the right side, thorn tentacles, tall and naked trees and grass. The front side of the map has got a big skull of metal freeing a green toxic gas from the eyes. In the opposite side, there is a closed metal gate, showing an opened grassy area with some groups of thorn tentacles. The cardo road that connects the gate to the skull is carved with spooky symbols like bats, tombs and skulls. There's a road made of bones that connects the center of the battle arena with a closed gate in the right side. The sky is covered with purple and pink-coloured clouds. There are small walls also carved with spooky symbols that set slightly away from the corners of the single-room map (high enough to hide a player running behind them) and on top of two of these will appear Generators in Lum Fight. The center is formed by paths that link like a "+" sign resembling the Roman floor plans, and the middle also features a Gold Generator. The center is also formed like a square, and the remaining area contains squared holes with toxic gas in the ground--four in each corner--and each contain a standard Generator, making at total seven Generators foundable in the Lum Fight battle mode of Rayman M (One Gold Generator and 6 standard Generators). In the Capture the Fly battle mode, the idle location from the Light Fly is in the center of the map.
Description (Rayman Arena)
The battle arena has got some changes in Rayman Arena's version:
- The sky is the same, but there's a visible full moon.
- In one of the tall and naked trees, there is an architectural element.
- There is fog in the entire map.
- The toxic gas doesn't exist in the four squared holes.
- The metal skull expells a blue gas from its eyes.
- The metal fences are more simplified. These are slightly bent, thicker and these not contain spooky symbols.
- The road made of bones and the east-gate don't exist.
- Ghost spirits of Zombie Chickens can be seen wandering around the surroundings.
- In the cardo road, if the player turns to south he/she can see a big hole instead of a plain.
- The bent walls friezes are slightly different.
- The east side of the map is predominantly surrounded by metal fences. There's another architectural element seen.
- Shadow Plain's Lum Spring playthrough at YouTube (Rayman M - PC version)
- Shadow Plain's Lum Fight playthrough at YouTube (Rayman M - PC version)
- Shadow Plain's Capture the Fly playthrough at YouTube (Rayman M - PC version)
|The Battles of Rayman M/Arena|
|The Beginner League||Shadow Plain • Rise and Shrine • Sunset Coast|
|The Advanced League||Timber Wood • Haunted Yard • Palm Beach|
|The Expert League||Spellbound Forest • Ly's Palace • Coconut Island|
|The Extreme League||Gemstone Temple • Forgotten Dungeon • Ghastly Trees|
|The Bonus League||Spooky Towers|