Solution of the Desert of the Knaaren
The maximum score in the Desert of the Knaaren is 113,190 points on PC and 115,930 points on console with glitches, or ???,??? points on PC and ???,??? points on console without glitches.
- 1 About this Walkthrough
- 2 Normal Walkthrough (113,190 points) / (115,930 points)
- 3 Glitchless Walkthrough
About this Walkthrough
Every level starts with the "Overview"-section with an introductory-text, which grants you the most important information and characteristics of a level. Up next is the video-list, where you'll find hyperlinks towards the most important videos. Finally, a table explains the recommended scores in each level and the maximum score which can be achieved by playing 100% perfectly.
Every level is separated into parts, and every part into individual combos. The order of how the combos are played is according to the numeration.
Due to the amount of different combo versions and the length of certain parts, the walkthrough will give you "Checkpoints". Those allow you to compare, whether your score is still sufficient to reach the maximum score in this level. This is helpful in case you made a small mistake or did not go for the recommended version everytime. For example, if the walkthrough states "Checkpoint: 54.300 points", it means that if your score is below this figure, you are very unlikely to be able to still reach the maximum score.
Most levels have a maximum-score that is beyond 100.000 points, and due to how this limit works, it's not always necessary to play every part perfectly and get every single point that is possible. This is the main reason why combos even can have different versions that are all playable, even though they might yield different scores as a result. Versions are numerated separately in a "1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc." format, while the recommended version of a combo is always mentioned in first place. There is certain parts where the chose of a certain version requires you to play another specific version in a later stage of this part. Those combos are tagged with letters. For instance, if you decide to play combo "3.2 A", you will have to play every upcoming combo that is tagged with an "A" also. Similarly, combo "5.2 A" is only usable if you have played version "3.2 A" in the first place. Versions can vary in difficulty, also there is certain techniques (such as the Lums-Glitch), which are only available to certain platforms, and wherever this happens, there has to be an alternative for people who cannot use that. To be able to always choose the correct version, they are distinguished by colors.
Green: this version is recommended for all platforms and all players. The scores in brackets at the end of every combo are calculated based on the green versions.
Red: this version is (much) harder than the recommended version, but also yields significantly more points. It's recommended if you want to play an easier version at a different point of the level, or if you have to make up for mistakes.
Blue: this version is limited to certain platforms. The fact, that a combo like this is mentioned in the walkthrough, means that is superior to the recommended version in terms of points or difficulty. If that wasn't the case, that combo would not find place in this walkthrough, as it tries to minimize the differences between each platform.
Violet: this is a historical version of a combo. At some point, this was considered to be the best version to play a certain combo, but it has been signifcantly changed or improved by now. These are added into the walkthrough, when they have been relevant over a long period of time, to show off how the different parts have developed in the past years. All of the historical combos are still playable, but they are mentioned last since they are usually inferior to the more recent versions.
Normal Walkthrough (113,190 points) / (115,930 points)
written by 1234
The Desert of the Knaaren is the fifth level of Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc and is divided into eight parts. All in all it belongs to the relatively simple levels, as achieving a good score and also reaching the maximum score is easier than in most of the other levels. Nevertheless being out for the optimal score is still an enormous challenge, since there's no definite maximum and thus every single point matters.
In the following you can see the recommended strategy you might pursue depending on the score you're aiming for:
- 0 - 99,999 points: For a score within this interval you don't need to follow this walkthrough step by step yet. However you should still look over the combos here and try all the easier ones; sometimes this might give you many additional points. For instance the knaaren glitch in part 1 is quite easy to perform and it allows you to get 4,500 points more for the green gem than usually. Apart from that simply try to get as many items as you can in a combo while being equipped with a powerup and take more valuable items rather at the end of your combos (Consider that if you take all the green gems in a clever way you'll get approx. 70k points just for them). For up to roughly 80k points you can follow this video here: → Walkthrough (by Haruka).
- 100,000 - 110,929 points: For a score within this interval you may always choose the easiest versions of the combos which are described in the walkthrough. Only in the final combo in part 8 you possibly have to decide for the green version, in particular if you're aiming for specifically 110,929 points. In this case the recommended score after part 7 is about 97,660 points, the minimum requirement is 97,520 points.
- 110,930 – 112,799 points: For a score within this interval you should only choose the green or red versions. If you're aiming for specifically 112,799 points, you'll need 97,759 points before playing the final combo in part 7. That means that in total you have to get 611 points less, than it's possible by playing only the optimal versions (in regards to points) of the combos in the walkthrough. Consequently you should decide which easier versions you want to play already beforehand. However 611 points are not much, so you should choose wisely. Some recommendations are included in the walkthrough.
- 112,800 – 113,190 points: For a score within this interval your gameplay has to be (almost) perfect. Every point you lose will result in a lower end score. If you're aiming for specifically 113,190 points you have to play only the optimal versions of the combos.
- 0 - 99,999 points: See the strategy for the PC-version.
- 100,000 - 111,329 points: Basically the same as for the PC-version. The only difference is the final combo in part 8. In this combo you can convert up to 8 extra Lums thanks to the Lums-glitch, leading up to 111,329 points. For this particular score the recommended score after part 7 is about 97,580 points, the minimum requirement is 97,440 points. However converting 8 additional Lums is much harder than the combos you'd have to play before in part 1-7, which is why you should go for a lower score at first (e.g. 111,129 points) and then already pursue the next or the strategy after next.
- 111,330 – ???,??? points: Similar as for the PC-version. The difference is that you are allowed to make a few more mistakes. The right end of the interval depends on the amount of extra Lums you can convert in the final combo; it should be a little bit higher than 112,799 points. Exact values will be added later.
- ???,??? – 115,930 points: Similar as for the PC-version. If you're aiming for specifically 115,930 points you have to play only the optimal versions of the combos.
Note 1: There are some events where it's very probable or maybe even unavoidable to touch a Knaaren or the green acid. That means that the real maximum might be a few points lower (probably at least 3 points lower, i.e. 113,187 points on PC and 115,927 on console). However such losses won't be included in the calculations.
Note 2: Other than stated in the usual "About this Walkthrough"-section, for the sake of completeness, this walkthrough doesn't include a list with just the most important videos, but rather some tables with all videos from the written-out walkthrough and the corresponding points. Furthermore there won't be any "Checkpoints" as you mustn't lose any points anyway, if you go for the maximum.
This tables should serve as an overview of all combos together with the respective points and videos. A full description of the combos together with some potential tips and the needed preparations etc. can be found in the walkthrough after all the tables.
Column 1-3: This columns list the number, the sub-number and a possible name of the combo / trick. More information to how the combos are numerated can be found in "1.2 Combo Versions".
Column 4: This column shows the difficulty of the combo / trick; the more stars the harder it is. Note that this rating is subjective, so one might not agree with it completely. It should still approximately apply to the combos for the greatest part. Incidentally, the rating applies to the combos of the PC-version, because converting the maximum amount of Lums (with the Lums-glitch) usually requires very much luck and thus would be rated (probably always) with *****.
Column 5-8: BP = Basic Points; CP = Combo Points; TP = Total Points; AP = Accumulated Points. For the greatest part the combos on consoles are the same as on PC. If they are different, then there will be two rowes for the respective combo, the upper one will be for PC, the lower one for consoles. For alternative / old combos the TP-column lists the difference in points compared to the main version (e.g. -540); the other three cells will be empty then. If in a cell is something like "(3.2 B)", then the value equals the one from combo 3.2 B (in this case); however this value should be counted only once (for both combos together).
Column 9-10: In column 9 you can find links to the combo / trick. New videos are always welcome! To column 10: VR = "Video Required"; the more "X" are in the cell the more a (new) video is required. Reasons might be that there simply isn't a video yet and the combo is (quite) hard / complicated, or there is a video, but it doesn't show everything necessary or it shows only an attempt.
Column 11: In this column you can see some additional notes to the combo / trick, the video or the points.
|1||Slapdash Combo||*||270||570||840||840||(by Dildo_Potter); (by Maz)|
|2||Two Yellow Gems||*||40||20||60||900||not required|
|3||1 A||Hoodlum Door Combo||****||400||560||960||1860||(by Cut)|
|2 B||Hoodlums Combo||***||-540||(by Maz)|
|3 C||Hoodlum Combo||*||-970||(by Dildo_Potter)||In the video the Hoodblaster is weakened first (-1030)|
|4||1 A||Hoodlum Combo||*****||760||2220||2980||4840||(by 1234)||XX||The video shows only an attempt|
|2 B||Piggybank Combo||**||(3.2 B)||(by 1234)|
|3 C||Piggybank Combo||*||(3.3 C)||not required|
|5||1||Gem Combo||**||220||320||540||5380||(by 1234)||X||The video doesn't show the needed SJ successfully|
|2 C||Hoodlum Gem Combo||*||(3.3 C)||not required|
|6||Jumping over the Knaaren||***||3360||6360||9720||15100||(by MandM81); (by Alan)|
|Knaaren Glitch left spot||*||(6)||(by 1234); (by Dildo_Potter)||You'll lose 2 points using this glitch|
|Knaaren Glitch back spot||**||(6)||(by DTUCC)||You'll lose 2 points using this glitch|
|7||Five Gems||*||140||120||260||15360||not required|
|Entire Part (old)||**||(by 1234)||The video shows how to get 14,388 points in this part|
|1||First Matuvu||*||500||0||500||15860||not required|
|2||Yellow Gem||*||20||0||20||15880||not required|
|3||Three Yellow Gems||*||60||40||100||15980||not required|
|4||1||Mushroom Matuvu Combo||****||520||500||1020||17000||(by Cut)|
|2||Mushroom Matuvu Combo||*||-480||not required|
|5||Secret Room Combo||*||3300||9540||12840||29840||not required|
|6||First Five Yellow Gems||*||100||80||180||30020||not required|
|7||Second Five Yellow Gems||*||100||80||180||30200||not required|
|8||1||Statue Matuvu Combo||***||680||620||1300||31500||(by Cut)|
|2||Statue Matuvu Combo||*||-440||not required|
|1||Two Yellow Gems||*||20||10||30||31530||not required|
|2||Five Yellow Gems||*||100||80||180||31710||not required|
|3||Two Gems||*||80||20||100||31810||not required|
|4||Three Gems||*||100||80||180||31990||not required|
|5||1||Vine Combo||***||260||420||680||32670||(by 1234)|
|2||Vine Combo||***||-380||(by MandM81)|
|6||1||First Matuvu Combo||***||740||1860||2600||35270||(by 1234)|
|2||First Matuvu Combo||***||-480||(by MandM81)|
|3||First Matuvu Gem Combo||*||-1440||not required|
|7||Two Yellow Gems||*||40||20||60||35330||not required|
|Launching Glitch||*||(by Dildo_Potter)|
|Launching Glitch (alt.)||**||(by Cut)|
|8||1 A||Green Gem Matuvu Combo||*****||3660||1240||4900||40230||XXX|
|2||Second Matuvu Combo||****||-40||(by Cut)|
|3||Second Matuvu Combo||**||-620||(by MandM81)|
|9||A||Two Yellow Gems||*||40||20||60||40290||not required|
|10||First Cage||*||240||400||640||40930||not required|
|11||Second Cage||*||240||400||640||41570||not required|
|12||1||Cage Combo||**||420||1080||1500||43070||(by Cut)|
|2||Cage Combos||*||-220||not required|
|1||1||First Matuvu Combo||**||330||600||930||44000||(by 1234); (by Cut)|
|2||First Matuvu Combo||*||-480||not required|
|2||1||Second Matuvu Combo||****||410||1330||1740||45740||(by 1234)|
|2||Second Matuvu Combo||*||-960||not required|
|3||Pillar Combo||***||200||490||690||46430||(by Maz)|
|4||1||Secret Room Combo||*****||3400||16450||19850||66280||(by 1234)||XXX||The video shows only an attempt and isn't completely up to date|
|2||Secret Room Combo||**||-1570||(by Maz); (by MandM81); (by Dildo_Potter)|
|5||Seven Yellow Gems||*||70||80||150||66430||not required|
|1||Reflux||*||3000||0||3000||69430||not required||The difficulty rating concerns the "combo" itself. Weakening Reflux without losing points is rated with about ***|
|1||1||Two Hoodlums Combo||***||920||2950||3870||73300||(by Cut)|
|2||Hoodlum Combo||*||-140||(by Cut); (by Maz)|
|Launching Glitch||*||(by Cut)|
|Launching Glitch (old)||*||(by Dildo_Potter)|
|1||1 A||Hoodlum Combo||**||1360
|2 B||Hoodlum Combo||*||-3500
|(by Dildo_Potter); (by Maz)
|3||1 C||Hoodboom Combo||*****||1180
|2 C||Hoodboom Combo||**||-490
|(by Dildo_Potter); (by Maz)
|3 D||First Green Gem Combo||**||+220
|(by 1234)||XX||This video isn't up to date|
|4||1 A||Lavicraft Combo||*****||1180
|X||A video for a very similar version is in 4.2 A|
|2 A||Lavicraft Combo||****||-40
|3 B||Lavicraft Combo||*||(1.2 B)
|5||1 C||Two Green Gems Combo||***||7300||21380||28680||113190
|(by 1234)||The final combo for 113190 pts|
The final combo for 115930 pts
|2 C||Two Green Gems Combo||**||-840
|(by Dildo_Potter); (by Maz)
|3 D||Second Green Gem Combo||**||(3.3 D)
|(by 1234)||This combo can lead to 112799 pts|
|Launching Glitch||**||(by DTUCC)|
|Launching Glitch (alt.)||**||(by Dildo_Potter)|
|Getting Out of Bounds||*||(by Cut)|
|(by Cut)||This combo can lead to 110,929 pts|
This combo can lead to 111,329 pts
|This combo can lead to 109,789 pts|
This combo can lead to 110,429 pts
|Part||Recommended Score||Maximum Score|
|1||14,380 - 15,360||15,360|
|2||29,600 - 31,500||31,500|
|3||38,000 - 43,070||43,070|
|4||58,050 - 66,430||66,430|
|5||61,000 - 69,430||69,430|
|6||64,500 - 73,300||73,300|
|7||97,660 - 113,190||113,190|
|8||110,929 - 113,190||113,190|
This part starts off with a combo right away.
1. Begin with the three gems at the right, then collect the next two yellow gems. Take the nearby two red gems and the last yellow one. Kill all four Slapdashes and finish the combo with the red gem in front of the skull. → Slapdash Combo (840 points)
In the next area reach the room with the orange can by using the throttle copter and the lockjaw.
2. Collect the two yellow gems at the entrance while you are equipped with a powerup. (900 points)
Shoot the cage with the rocket and helicopter down to the Teensies. After the cutscene get the HMF.
3.1 A Collect the six yellow gems, but make sure to take the gem on the left side of the entrance at last. Roll off the ledge and kill the Hoodblaster with one hit in time. The time frame here is very narrow, but it can be done. Finish the combo with the wooden door. → Hoodlum Door Combo (1,860 points)
- 3.2 B If the combos 3.1 A and 4.1 A cause difficulty, one can rely on this version: At first simply take the six gems with the HMF. Next lock onto the wooden door below and position yourself on the vine. Jump up, break the wooden door, kill the Hoodblaster with one hit and grab the vine again. Quickly climb up to the upper platform, renew the HMF, roll off and break the three piggybanks on the bridge. Take at first the yellow gems, then the red ones and at last finish off the Hoodblaster. → Hoodlum Combo (- 540 points)
- 3.3 C For a lower score, this easy version can be played: At first take the six gems near the red can. Then equip the lockjaw and helicopter down on the bridge. Break the piggybanks, take the yellow gems, then the red ones and kill the Hoodblaster. → Hoodlum Combo (- 970 points)
4.1 A Equip the lockjaw and helicopter down to the bridge. Break the piggybank in the middle and take the yellow gems. Continue with the piggybank on the right and the red gem inside. Now quickly jump on the right curb of the bridge. In order to keep the combo going, turn around and break the last piggybank. Once you've reached the curb, kill the Hoodblaster, jump off and helicopter towards the three yellow gems on the right. Collect two of them and jump on the vine. Position yourself just above the third yellow gem and take it while you're jumping up. Quickly break the piggybank and take the gems. Make sure that the last one is a red gem. → Hoodlum Combo (attempt) (4,840 points)
- 4.2 B This alternative combo starts with the piggybank near the blue can. Break the piggybank, carefully take one yellow gem and fall down to collect the three yellow gems below. Take the last yellow gem as in 4.1 A. Quickly climb up and take the remaining gems of the piggybank. It's also possible to start the combo with the three yellow gems, climb up, break the piggybank and collect the gems, beginning with a yellow one. This is a little bit harder though and gives you still the same amount of points. → Piggybank Combo (equals 3.2 B)
- 4.3 C For a lower score, one can simply break the piggybank, take its gems, fall down and collect the three yellow gems below. (equals 3.3 C)
5.1 Renew the lockjaw and perform a SJ on the platform with the blue can and then an ESJ on the platform above in order to get out of bounds. Now maneuver to the place, where you usually meet the first Knaaren. This allows you to enter the room with a powerup. Once you're there, take the gems. Of course you have to collect at least five yellow gems, before getting the red one. → Gem Combo (5,380 points)
- 5.2 C Equip the HMF, break the wooden door and kill the Hoodblaster. Quickly enter the small room and wait until the following cutscene will end. Collect the yellow gems and finish the combo with the red one. (equals 3.3 C)
If you play 5.1, there will be a problem. When you jump down into the pit, the camera will focus onto the pit. Usually the camera will stay in this position, until the cutscene with the Knaaren will be over. However since you didn't enter the room the normal way, the cutscene won't be triggered. Consequently the camera will remain in this inconvenient state. However there's a workaround for this problem: When you press the snapshot button, the camera will jump to where you stand. When you exit the snapshot mode, the camera will move towards the pit again with a certain speed. That means, when you enter and exit the snapshot mode again and again, you'll be able to find your way. Use this trick to get to the exit of the pit which the developers luckily programmed. You should make small steps to make sure you'll not fall down too early. Next jump and helicopter to the left side out of the pit. Continue helicoptering to the left and use the snapshot-trick for orientation. At some point you'll reach the next area, to which the pit usually teleports you. Then the “curse” will be lifted and the camera will behave normally again. Jump down into the next pit to the orange can. Then shoot the cage and the gong with the rocket and quickly equip the lockjaw. Run through the level until you'll jump into the next pit and find a Knaaren patrolling in a hallway. You need to pass the Knaaren equipped with the lockjaw. There are three ways:
- - a.) jump over the Knaaren (you won't lose any points, but it's quite difficult) → Jumping over the Knaaren
- - b.) wait on a spot on the left (you'll lose 2 points, but it's easy and consistent) → Knaaren Glitch left spot
- - c.) wait on a spot in the back (you'll lose 2 points and it's probably harder than b.) and thus not recommended) → Knaaren Glitch back spot
6. When you've passed the Knaaren, take the six red gems and the green one in the secret room while you are equipped with the lockjaw. (15,100 points)
Go back to the beginning of the area and place the egg on the switch to open the door.
7. Equip the shock rocket and take the five gems, starting off with a yellow one. (15,360 points)
Shoot the gong, pass the Knaaren, take the other egg, put it down on the switch near the exit and finish the part.
Note: If you're aiming for 110,929 points (PC) / 111,329 points (console) or less, then you can follow this video. → Entire Part 1
You start this part with activating the platforms above you. To do so, lure a Knaaren onto the switch quite in the middle of the room. Now move along the pathway that leads up to the moving platforms. Carefully jump over the three yellow gems and equip the lockjaw.
1. Roll off and take the Matuvu sitting on a pillar near the entrance of the part. (15,860 points)
2. Run to the pathway that leads to the moving platforms and take the single yellow gem there. (15,880 points)
3. Collect the three yellow gems at the end of the pathway. (15,980 points)
Jump onto the platform which moves up to the room with the cage. Break the cage and equip the provided vortex. Roll off and run quickly towards the mushroom.
4.1 Position yourself somewhere between the mushroom and the Matuvu on the pillar beside. Lower the mushroom from a great distance and quickly run to a spot near the wall from where you can take the Matuvu. Get him in combo by using the camera trick. → Mushroom Matuvu Combo (17,000 points)
- 4.2 Take the Matuvu on the pillar and quickly lower the mushroom in combo. (- 480 points)
5. Equip the lockjaw and take the gems in the secret room. Start off with the two yellow gems at the entrance and continue with at least three other yellow gems. Take the remaining gems, but make sure that one red and the green gem will be the last items you take. (29,840 points)
6. Renew the lockjaw and collect the first group of five yellow gems on one of the floating platforms. (30,020 points)
7. Take the second group of five gems. (30,200 points)
8.1 Jump on the platform with the three red gems. Carefully position yourself on the ledge beside one of the gems, so that you'll be able to get the Matuvu from there. Move to the red gem and quickly do the camera trick to take the Matuvu in time. Finish off with the remaining two gems. Statue Matuvu Combo (31,500 points)
- 8.2 Jump on the platform with the three red gems. Take the Matuvu and then collect the three red gems. (- 440 points)
Break the cage and exit the room with the throttle copter. This ends the second part.
At first you have to climb up to the upper level and pass all the gems on the vines. Soon you'll reach a small narrow passage besides some green acid. There will be three yellow gems. You can tiptoe past the first gem.
1. Take the next two yellow gems. (31,530 points)
Next you have to enter the room, where a Knaaren is standing next to a blue can, in a special way. If you enter the room normally, the door will close, so that you won't be able to return to the previous areas. That means that you have to jump over the trigger zone, which is in the area around the door. Then jump down to the orange can and shoot the gong. Carefully jump around the yellow gem and equip the lockjaw.
2. Take the five yellow gems on the vine. (31,710 points)
3. Carefully jump over the trigger zone, get the single red gem, fall down and take the yellow gem in combo. (31,810 points)
Shoot the gong again and renew the lockjaw. Quickly run back to the room, where the part started, but take care to jump over the trigger zone to avoid the door being closed. On your way you'll get hit by a Knaaren and thus lose 2 points. However it's also possible to perform an ESJ near the orange can and return to the first room this way, so that you can avoid this loss.
4. Once you've reached the beginning area, climb up again and take the two yellow gems on the right and then the red gem. (31,990 points)
If you went back the normal way, you might have to renew the lockjaw. In case you used the ESJ there should be enough powerup-time left so that you can continue with the next combo right away.
5.1 Take all gems on the vines and ledges in one combo, while wearing the powerupsuit. → Beginning (32,670 points)
- 5.2 For a lower score, you can play a different beginning: Climb up and take the three gems on the right (without a powerup). Continue with the vine combo, but include also the gems from 1.. Then play the combos 2. and 3. as above. → Vine Combo (- 380 points)
6.1 Renew the lockjaw once again and move along to the next room with the huge statue. Collect the five yellow gems around the statue, continue with the red gem and quickly jump to the next platform with the four yellow gems. Take these gems and finish off with the Matuvu. It's recommended to use the camera trick here. → First Matuvu Combo (35,270 points)
- 6.2 As in 6.1 start with the five yellow gems around the statue. Then quickly take the Matuvu. Continue with the red gem and the four yellow gems on the next platform. → First Matuvu Combo (- 480 points)
- 6.3 For a lower score you can start the combo with the Matuvu and then take the gems around the statue and on the other platform. (- 1,440 points)
7. Take the two yellow gems at the end of the path near the statue. (35,330 points)
Reload the lockjaw and head for the area after the room with the statue. There you need to get up on the ceiling with the cage. To do so, you can either use a SJ in this room or the ESJ in the room with the gong and the orange can. The latter trick is faster, so it's also recommended.
8.1 A Break the cage and take the green gem. Quickly fall down and take the single yellow gem. Jump down and get the two gems on the vine while falling. Now follow the path leading to the Matuvu and collect on your way the uppermost yellow gem of the other vine by running near the ledge. Continue with the next two gems and get the Matuvu in combo. Finish the combo with the following two gems. (40,230 points)
- 8.2 It's recommended to start the combo with the three gems on the lower vine. Then quickly climb up and take the first gem in the hallway. Run straightly to the next gem, turn right and get the Matuvu in combo. Finish with the next two gems. After that renew the lockjaw and perform a SJ to get to the platform with the green gem. Take the green gem, fall down and take the single yellow gem below. Continue with the next two gems on the vine. → Second Matuvu Combo (- 40 points)
- 8.3 In the past you played the room like this: Take the three gems on the first vine and the first gem of the hallway in combo. Then, in the next combo, you take the two gems on the next vine and the single yellow gem beside. Now use the throttle copter to reach the ceiling and get the green gem. Since a simple SJ can give you quite easily 1,500 extra-points, the calculations will refer to this version. Then reload the lockjaw, take the gem near the Matuvu and get the Matuvu in combo. Continue with the next two gems. → Second Matuvu Combo (- 620 points)
9 A Renew the lockjaw and collect the two remaining yellow gems on the vine. (40,290 points)
10. If necessary, reload the lockjaw one last time, break the cage in the small room near the place with the green gem and collect all 12 yellow gems. (40,930 points)
11. Enter the last room with the huge tower, run along the circular path, shoot the first cage and the gong and take the 12 gems with a powersuit. (41,570 points)
12.1 Make your way to the next orange can and shoot the gong. Release another rocket and follow the circular path with it in order to break the cage above you. Then quickly shoot the cage above the gong. The game obviously can't make appear all 24 gems from the cages at the same time, but if you follow the instructions above, 21 gems will spawn. Jump on the level above and take the gems from the cage. Quickly roll off and collect the gems from the other cage in combo with a powerup. → Cage Combo (43,070 points)
- 12.2 Get the two groups of 12 yellow gems in two different combos with a powerup. (- 220 points)
Head for the exit.
Fall down to enter the room where the first combo begins.
1.1 Start by taking the yellow gem nearest to the exit and then collect the other gems as you move along. After you got the last gem, take the Matuvu with the camera trick. → First Matuvu Combo (44,000 points)
- 1.2 For less points you can start the combo with the Matuvu and then take the gems. (- 480 points)
2.1 Enter the next room and fall down. Take the gem, which is positioned nearest to the stone, which in turn is nearest to the Matuvu. Collect all the other gems clockwise. Take the last gem from the side, run shortly forward and get the Matuvu by using the camera trick. It might be hard to find the optimal place from where you can take the Matuvu, so it can be helpful to practice it for some time. → Second Matuvu Combo (45,740 points)
- 2.2 As in 1.2 you can also start with the Matuvu and then take the yellow gems. (- 960 points)
Place the egg on the switch (or use a SJ to skip the maze) and move along, until you've passed the green acid and stand on the platform with the cage. Be careful not to take any gems.
3. Break the cage, take the provided 12 gems and jump on the first pillar, while it's moving upwards. Jump the pillars and collect all gems. Timing is here very important, otherwise the pillars won't be in the right position. In order to find out the exact moment when to jump on the first pillar, you might take a closer look at the video. → Pillar Combo (46,430 points)
4.1 Enter the secret room. Collect the first three gems and fall down. Take a yellow gem near the exit of the first secret room. Continue with the next two gems in the hallway, but pass the third one. Collect the two gems on the right side. Now return to the first room and take the previously passed gem on your way. Collect all remaining yellow gems in the room. Afterwards get all the red ones but the one near the exit. Finally take the green gem. Now collect the last red gem in this room and run straightly through the hallway and roll into the yellow gem on the left. Collect the remaining gem there and quickly climb up the vine to reach the next gems in time. After you got the second green gem, roll off and finish the combo with the three yellow gems. The video is only an attempt and also it doesn't show the latest version of the combo. Nevertheless it should help to make the combo more understandable. → Secret Room Combo (attempt) (66,280 points)
- 4.2 For less points, but also for much less difficulty, you can play the old version: Take the first three yellow gems and fall down. Collect the yellow gems in the first room, then the red ones and at last the green gem. Move through the hallway and take the gems. Then collect the two gems on the right side of the second small room. Afterwards get the other two gems, climb up, and take the following gems, as in 4.1. → Secret Room Combo (- 1,570 points)
5. Head for the last room and take the seven yellow gems. (66,430 points)
1. Defeat Reflux. Make sure not to lose any points if you go for the maximum score and to finish him off while being equipped with the HMF. (69,430 points)
1.1 Position yourself near the yellow gem on the left side of the mushroom. Wait a few seconds. Then, just before the Hoodblaster enters the room, jump up to take the yellow gem and kill the Hoodblaster in the air. Convert the Lum immediately afterwards (you'll convert him, while floating in midair). After the cutscene fall down on the next gem. To keep the combo alive you'll have to take the next four yellow gems. Collect them slowly. Now the second Hoodblaster will enter the room. Quickly kill him and equip the vortex. Convert the Lum and continue collecting the yellow gems clockwise. Then get the red gems and lower the mushroom. → Two Hoodlum Combo (73,300 points)
- 1.2 For long time it was unknown that it's possible to continue the combo after killing the first Hoodblaster. Thus this combo was divided into two combos: Simply kill the Hoodblaster, convert the Lum and wait until the other Hoodblaster enters the room. Collect five yellow gems and kill the Hoodblaster in combo. Proceed with the Lum, the yellow gems, the mushroom and at last the red gems. → Hoodlum Combo (- 140 points)
At the beginning you have to break the first cage to get access to the HMF. You can do that by performing a rolling SJ on the kind of rib nearest to the cage. → Launching Glitch. Equip the HMF and it's time for the first combo:
1.1 A Run back towards the platform with the five yellow gems in a straight line. Take four of the gems. Then roll onto the next platforms and take six more gems. Send a fist to the Elite Monger to make the Hoodo spawn and kill him with one hit. Then kill the Elite Monger also with one fully charged hit and convert both Lums. → Hoodlum Combo (78,060 points)
- Note for console players: It’s possible to get 3 Lums from the Hoodoo and for some reason always 1 Lum from the Elite Monger. (78,240 points)
- 1.2 B This version without the HMF will start with weakening the Hoodo and the Elite Monger. Then collect the single red gem on one of the bones, fall down and continue with all the yellow gems. Finish off the Hoodo and the Elite Monger and convert their Lums. → Hoodlum Combo (- 3,500 points)
Renew the HMF and weaken one of the incoming Lavicrafts with a fully charged hit.
2. Break the wooden door. On PC: (78,080 points); On console: (78,260 points)
Run through the hallway to the next area and knock the Stumblebooms off their stilts by standing underneath them for one or two seconds. Weaken all of them with 5 hits, except the first Hoodboom on the left. Reload the HMF.
3.1 C Run as quickly as you can back to the Hoodbooms and kill the not weakened Hoodboom with one fully charged hit. Kill the next Hoodboom as well and convert both Lums. Then the HMF will run out. The timeframe here is extremely narrow, but (at least) one player actually succeeded in it. Finish off the other Hoodbooms and convert their Lums. Kill two of the now appearing Hoodstormer and get the Lums. Now you can lock onto the uppermost Hoodstormer and weaken him. Quickly finish off the Hoodstormer below and the weakened one immediately thereafter. Equip the lockjaw and convert both Lums. (81,130 points)
- Note for console players: Each Hoodboom can give 2 Lums. The Hoodstormers can provide loads of Lums. 3 Lums are calculated from the first, 10 from the second, 3 from the third and finally 10 from the last (converted with a Powerup). In this calculations it's assumed that no hoodboom is killed with the HMF. (83,570 points)
- 3.2 C This version is very similar to the version above. The difference is that you don't kill any Hoodboom with a HMF as it's very difficult and that you only convert the last Lum, while being equipped with the lockjaw. → Hoodboom Combo (- 490 points)
- 3.3 D This version is important when you want to go for 112,799 points. The beginning is the same as in 3.1 C. After you've converted the Lum of the last Hoodboom, break the cage. Then kill the first Hoodstormer and convert the Lum. Finish off the next two Hoodstormers, but don't convert their Lums. Then kill the last Hoodstormer. Equip the lockjaw and convert the Lum. Quickly run towards the green gem and grab the hook as soon as possible to reach the gem in time. A successful video doesn't exist yet. The following video is an older version of the combo. It shows an easy way to break the cage during the combo. → First Green Gem Combo (easy version). When you play the combos 3.3 D and 5.3 D instead of the “best” version, you'll win 220 points. However the combo 5.3 D can only lead to 112,799 points. (+ 220 points)
4.1 A Reload the lockjaw and return to the first area. Now you have to lure the Lavicrafts somewhere near the remaining gems. When done, take the yellow gem, which is nearest to the red one. Quickly jump up and collect the red gem. Roll off and take the next two yellow gems. Jump towards the last gem, but hit one of the Lavicrafts while jumping. This hit will kill the Lavicraft. Immediately after that charge your fist, take the gem and finish off the second Lavicraft. Use the first black Lum to keep the combo going. At last convert the second Lum. (84,510 points)
- Note for console players: You can convert three Lums from each Lavicraft. (87,250 points)
- 4.2 A It's recommended to start the combo with the red gem and then continue with the yellow ones. The rest is the same as in 4.1 A. → Lavicraft Combo (- 40 points)
- 4.3 B A much easier version is to kill the first Lavicraft and then use the Lum to kill the other Lavicraft in combo. In the past the combo was played without the HMF, but since it's easy to break the cage before, the calculations will refer to the version with the HMF. → Lavicraft Combo (equals 1.2 B)
5.1 C Renew the lockjaw and use the hook to get past the boxes. Break also the cage. Weaken the Hoodo with three hits. Immediately after the last hit, shoot on the Hoodlock and push him back to be able to pass him. Don't kill him though. Jump to the secret area and take all gems. After collecting the green gem, fall down and finish off the Hoodo. Quickly push the Hoodlock into the fire. The probably fastest way is to hit him at first with semi-charged hits and then, shortly before he reaches the fire, press the shoot button as quickly as possible. Then kill the Hoodstormer and jump back over the boxes to get the green gem in time. It's important not to convert any Lums in this combo, because otherwise you won't get any points for the second green gem. This is the final combo for the 113,190-points-maximum (on PC) or 115,930-points-maximum (on console). → Two Green Gems Combo On PC: (113,190 points); on console: (115,930 points)
- 5.2 C In the old version, after killing the Hoodo, you converted his Lum and jumped back over the boxes to finish the combo with the green gem. Then you renewed the lockjaw, pushed the Hoodlock into the fire, killed the Hoodstormer and converted both Lums. → Two Green Gems Combo (- 840 points)
- 5.3 D This version is important when you want to go for 112,799 points. You need 95,759 before playing the combo. Get all gems in the secret room and finish off the Hoodo. Push the Hoodlock into the fire and convert both Lums. Finish the combo with the Hoodstormer. This is the final combo for the 112,799-points-maximum. → Second Green Gem Combo (equals 3.3 B)
1.1 At first you need to pass the gap. You can do so by performing a rolling SJ → Launching Glitch or another SJ → Launching Glitch 2. Then you need to get out of bounds. To do so, stand right beside the right wall, jump up and then let a Hoodblaster hit you quite at the highest point of your jump. This will launch you a little bit upwards, so that you will be able to reach the upper ledge. Then move through the wall and helicopter down to the secret room. → Getting Out of Bounds. You begin the combo with the yellow gems. Then take the red ones and the green gem. Use the teleporter and kill all Hoodblasters and convert their Lums. If you need the points you can kill them with one hit. In this case you need 97,519 points before playing the final combo. Otherwise it's recommended to weaken all Hoodblasters before. In this case you need 97,639 points before playing the final combo. However you should start the combo with 2 or 3 points more, since the Hoodblasters can easily hit you. The part in turn you should begin with about 20 points more, since getting out of bounds requires you to get hit. → Final Combo (110,929 points)
- Note for console players: Let n be the number of additional Lums you'll convert. Then you need 97,519 – n*10 points before playing the final combo, if you want to kill the Hoodblasters each with one hit. Otherwise, if you want to weaken all Hoodblasters, you need 97,639 – n*10 points before playing the final combo. Then your end score will be 110,929 + n*50 points. It should be possible to convert in total 12 Lums, meaning n = 8. Thus one can get up to 111,329 points on console by using this as the final combo. (+ 400 points)
- 1.2 In the past this version was played: Use the buttons on the floor to position the Hoodblasters in such a way that you can hit them with your fists without having to reach the other side. At first jump and helicopter towards the Hoodblaster on the left and kill him with one hit. Then convert his Lum. Finish off all the other Hoodblasters with one hit and convert their Lums as well. Then enter the secret room and collect the yellow gems. Take the remaining gems either clockwise or counterclockwise, as you prefer. You'll need 97,519 before playing this combo. It leads to 109,789 points. → Final Combo (- 1,140 points)
- Note for console players: Console players can use the Lums-Glitch to get some extra points. For that you have to pass the gap as in 1.1. Then kill the Hoodblasters one after another and always convert their Lums in the optimal moment. Afterwards enter the secret room and collect the gems, starting with the yellow ones. Again, let n be the number of additional Lums you'll convert. Then you need 97,519 – n*10 points before playing the final combo, if you want to kill the Hoodblasters each with one hit. Otherwise, if you want to weaken all Hoodblasters, you need 97,639 – n*10 points before playing the final combo. It should be possible to convert in total 12 Lums, meaning one can get up to 110,429 points on console by using this as the final combo. → Final Combo (- 500 points)