In Rayman Advance, during this level, you can clearly see "Watch out for Dark Rayman!" therefore his name is Dark Rayman. I'd like to know one game where he is called Bad Rayman. Just name one. Sabertooth1000000000 19:08, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Maths and English with Rayman/Rayman Junior's manual, ok. -- StaceyW ♬ 19:22, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
29 December 2009 Raymanfan219 wrote:
I learned that it was Dark Rayman. I never was there in the first Rayman game because i had to reinstall my computer and i don't knew how to put it anywhere else. But now i know it. Everything was erased so i had to start over again. I am almost near the same place as i was before. But i don't play it some many times anymore. Now i have the full serie until raving rabbids. I hate Raving Rabbids so. I have 2 Revolution 3 and M for the Ps2 and 1,2 The Great Escape,3 and m for the pc. M is also called Arena. And in Gold it is called Dark Rayman.
Now that I checked that Dark Ray has a different colour palette than the original Bad Rayman... In which cases a different colour palette makes a character different? Because I read the Dark Rayman article and the only difference between him and Bad Rayman is the colour palette. Maybe they look different, but they share exactly the same concept of an evil clone of Rayman, and both are, possibly, the exact same character. Actually, in the Atari Jaguar and Gameboy Advance versions of Rayman 1 Bad Rayman is named "Dark Rayman", like in Rayman Arena. Why don't we just put together both articles? I can understand that there's a clear difference between Dark Globox and Gromblox, as both have different concepts (one is an evil clone, the other one is just a criminal glute), but Dark Rayman and Bad Rayman being different characters? I don't think so.--Sergiomonty 07:06, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- To make it short, the skin in Origins is almost identical to Bad Rayman from the original game, while the one in Arena looks nothing like him. The name issue has already been addressed numerous times, except for your mention of the Jaguar version: could you please back up your claim? — 23:55, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Atari Jaguar? But Bad Rayman does not appear in this version... I wonder if both characters can be considered the same, but I don't believe... There's no indication that Rayman Arena's Dark Rayman is a creation of Mr. Dark. --Haruka 23:57, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
Does the Bubble Dreamer only call him DarkRay in certain versions of Rayman Origins? I've got the Australian version, and he doesn't mention anything about the name DarkRay at all.
Psittacidae13 03:48, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- In the English version he does. --Haruka 11:20, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
Ah, ok then. Thanks for the info! :)
Psittacidae13 11:39, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
Is it just me, or does the picture of Bad Rayman from Rayman Origins have his body being a bit too small? I've just been looking between the picture of Rayman on this wiki and comparing the two; Bad Rayman's body just looks a bit small to me...
Psittacidae13 07:13, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- It does, but yet again this image is made from Drolpiraat's texture pack. I had to scale the Sea King's body segments and legs in order to fit them properly. The same may count for many other textures. You need to compare with references from the actual game in order to make it look right. Spanex 07:43, 22 December 2011 (UTC)