Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote:Once again, :boon:
Then again, it's Apple, which reminds me, Apple bothered me a few days ago since they ATTEMPTED to rip me off by telling me that I have to pay to get my old, broken iPhone7 back. SEE YA BROKEN PHONE THAT WON'T WORK!! My phone now may be an iPhone 6S, but there are still a few advantages a 6S has over a 7...when I find those advantages.
If you find a 3rd party source to replace the battery (excuse my language but Apple are robbing bastards) the phone will be brand new more or less. I find them easy to replace but that's because I fix things :lol:

The 6S is one of the better iPhones and imo they were all terrible in terms of specs up until the 6 came out. They were selling awful hardware at Apple prices more or less and people were paying it. That's why I moved to android and now that I'm so used to it I won't switch back, it's so customizable.

I'll admit if I got a cheap-ish new iPhone, I'd use it since I can fix it myself if it breaks. Since I have an S8 (great phone imo) with a year bill left on it, I'm not in a hurry for another phone. This is serving me well :)
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Ok I'll remember that, thanks. :)

My waiter is bothering me now since he hasn't passed by the table in over 30 minutes. Someone isn't getting a big tip. :?
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote:My waiter is bothering me now since he hasn't passed by the table in over 30 minutes. Someone isn't getting a big tip. :?
Here's a tip... WORK HARDER!!!
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:My waiter is bothering me now since he hasn't passed by the table in over 30 minutes. Someone isn't getting a big tip. :?
Here's a tip... WORK HARDER!!!
AHAHAHHA it's ok I got the to-go boxes from some other attentive waiterperson so I'm over it now. :lol:
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

I never lower the tip for bad service personally, I like to assume they're just having a shit day or it's too busy for them to juggle their attention for all the customers. I kinda prefer it in a way, it makes me uncomfortable to be responsible for someone's income and when they're overly attentive I feel like they're thinking they have to do so just so I'll spare them their paycheck.

And I get it because there's sooo many people who get high on the idea of having that control and get overly analytical about everything the waitress does. It feels so much more relaxed in Europe: if they wanna have a chat then they're just genuinely being sociable with you, but if they don't and they're being a little stand-offish then that's also generally accepted and nobody really pays attention to it.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I was joking, I wouldn't really be arrogant like that lol. Europe is a very different place when it comes to tips, waiter's and waitress's though.

Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Non I wasn't directing that to anyone here, I was just speaking generally. :chinois:
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Nah I wasn't taking it towards me anyway :P

I'm just saying random stupid puns and acting like an eejit :fou2:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Mm hmm, normally I'm not bothered by waitstaff either, there were just a number of reasons why I felt irritated at him (which I won't explain)

Today I got a call from the police asking about my car (exact color and model, but not year), and it is kinda bothering me bc they want me to call back about last Saturday at 3, though if I remember I wasn't driving at the time My car was parked while I was in a mall. It still is kinda bothering me, but mostly everyone I've talked to said not to worry about it. Still though, I can't get it out of my mind... :?
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

A teacher from my school passed away yesterday - he taught flute and was the director of the wind and percussion instrument section; he always helped me when I was having trouble with anything, plus he was probably one of like five or six teachers there who actually gave a fuck about me - and in fact, he never even was my teacher! He almost looked like a James Bond villain; bald with a beard, black coat - I always found that really funny and charming. Now, death sucks, of course, but this is probably the first one in a long while that actually shook me a lot, mostly because of how unexpected it was. He was about 60, and apparently had cancer for a while, which suddenly got terribly bad last week, and he even starved himself for the last five days of his life. My (non-school) choir conductor told me he looked absolutely horrible for those last few days; scary to hear!

Recently I've been having trouble falling asleep because of - and that's typical of me - overthinking sad things, being scared of things like time passing by, growing old, and especially getting seriously ill and dying. I just keep thinking about death, and suddenly one of the most innocent men I've ever known passes away because of cancer - one of my worst fears, definitely! Another thing that pains me - as childish as it is - is how, well, although I'm only 20 years old... I keep thinking about how I'll never be 15 or 16 ever again, obviously. I'll turn 21, then 22, then soon enough 30, which could be half of my life already... then 40... of course, somewhere along the line my loved ones (grandparents, then parents and family in general) will pass away. Yeah lol I know this is obvious shit, but my problem is... I've come to terms with all of this when I was like, 13 or so, which was when I first started having sad thoughts each night, and now suddenly all of that is back and way, way worse, for some reason.

I'm working on an album, I was very excited about finishing it over my gap year (now) before going to university, but... it feels almost like all of my inspiration has faded away, and it's going so insanely slow right now. All is not lost, of course, I've still got a few months and I do believe I'll get it right, but... I'm also wasting so much time, and I hate it! I'm a bit of a workaholic, and what's going on now just... sucks. Yeah, those are sorta first world problems, lol... I'm just kinda worried if my mental health is fucking up, because come on! It's retarded, why am I not as happy-go-lucky as literally anyone else?
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Well I guess it's normal to feel like that especially with someone passing recently. I've had these thoughts also to be honest and I spent my last night as a 17 year old in hospital A&E thinking I was having a heart attack lol. I literally turned 18 lying on an A&E trolley :lol:

That's when I was drinking a lot of coffee and my nerves were just at me on overdrive.

I might look like I'm happy-go-lucky on the forum, but I just don't show that I'm not because I fear I'll bring others down if I do. I honestly feel sick almost 24/7 and I'm worried that something might be seriously wrong with me, but doctors seem to think I'm fine, that it's only acid reflux. I often fear going out because I feel like I'm just going to throw up in front of everyone in public and I know that probably sounds dumb, but that's how I feel.

I basically try to keep myself doing stuff like playing guitar, fixing consoles/computers or doing modifications to them. That or just messing around with other electronics.

But yeah, I just throw out the happy go lucky impression and I can still laugh, I just have all that at the back of my mind a lot and worrying about my health is a big factor.

EDIT: Also, hopefully you overcome that feeling and same for myself :hap:

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I'm sure you guys will be able to overcome the personal problems in your lives. And I'm glad to see you're well Rulez based on that video you posted.

Lately I feel as though my personality from now and my personality from before when I joined feel like two different entities. When I first joined I never imagined myself to complain about a lot of things, be so competitive to the point where i actually end up manipulating things (yes I will admit I did that once), and be so goofy to the point where I'm almost completely spamming the forums, which I probably did several times, especially with those Bruno Mars videos spree :lol: . Tbh I kinda feel like I'm becoming more and more like **** these days, which I don't like. I don't want people to look at me and say I'm that loudmouth guy who posted like a spambot throwing videos around that nobody really likes (well maybe) and making stupidass posts like nobody's business, especially if they cause other members to misunderstand my points, which often makes me look like I'm complaining about everything. Like ^ has said RPC deserves better than what I've been posting so far, and I know I can do better than this. I want people to know who I am, and who I am is this nice friendly samaritan-type quiet dude who loves to encourage/help people do their best, and who LOVES video games. I know to most people it doesn't seem any different from what I'm doing now, but it's my intuition that's telling me something's wrong with my newfound online personality. :?

I know I'm going to get flamed but I just wanted to share my recent troubles about myself.
I think some soul-searching would be great right now and I could be gone for a little bit, so I hope nobody worries about me.
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

I don't see how anyone could think that you are a loudmouth kind of guy. We had wayyy more spammy members, we learned to recognize them, and you are not one of them, so don't worry about it. Since you registered here, for your 17k+ posts, a moderator never took Tings off from you, so that means that you are doing well.

To me you're as a nice dude that gained a lot of interest in the forums lately. And we like active and talkative members. Forums are a place of where you listen to other people but where you also need to talk about yourself, that's how affinities are created, so don't worry about this.

Also, I think that for all the people that were really involved in the forum, their personnalities changed but only for the best. It made them growing more mature and less introvert. This is a social interaction after all, and the people you meet here are quite often not the same personnalities than your real life friends.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I didn't really say that, just that we both should try not to act as stupid as we were a couple months back if we don't want people to think we're airheads :lol:

Plum even said it about the Bruno Mars thing, that it was approaching spam territory. To be fair that was only a once off though.

I just have this thing where I personally don't like when people look for attention and sympathy all the time, you'll have seen me call someone for "crying wolf" at one stage for doing so.

On RPC, I think the main goal is to discuss Rayman or just have fun basically, not do what a lot of people on Facebook do and say "oh poor me" or post one word replies :mrgreen:

Oh great, now someone is drilling holes my day is ruined :lol: :P

That's just my 2 cents, but I have no say in what goes on around here, so nobody has to listen to me. I was just under the impression that being honest wouldn't make someone overthink.

In short, if I cut to the chase:

Just feckin' have fun everyone and stop complaining (that reminds me of a song I like now) :P

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Heh you're right I think the most important thing is just to have fun talking with everyone. I quite like all the different personalities I'm meeting on here, and I hope I get to meet as many of the members as i possibly can. I always have fun talking to all of you, and of course my love for Rayman knows no bounds!

Though one thing that I want to change about myself is to stop being an attention-seeker. I think I'm capable of doing it, but sometimes, in situations such as last night, this part of me comes out like that. But I guess everybody has their own problems, I just need to overcome mine. :)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

My cousin is a useless junkie mouthing dickhead, who was convinced I was starting on him and wanted me to hit him. I had to just walk out because even if I kicked the living shit out of him it would solve nothing, since he wouldn't feel it anyway and he'd never try it when sober.

EDIT: It's unlike me to even post about this stuff but he really annoyed me and it took a lot for me to just walk away.

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Somebody decided to give false info that I was still on a certain server, which I WASN'T, so that annoyed me. I'm already stressed out with my own personal issues and other things, I don't need this kind of attention thrown at me. :pascontent:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Holy shit I was fucking angry that day wasn't I :lol:

I still think my cousin is a useless idiot but I'm not angry now. I know I'm better than him anyway :P

gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

New copyright law is bothering me it's called European Parliament Internet Censorship Act.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I've been thinking a lot lately about my time here on RPC. I know I have a high post count and I know i have a lot of posts, I’m not proud of what I did to get there and I’m doing what I can to be a better member of the community. The only thing that’s bothering me is that I’ve become pretty obsessed with RPC and I really don’t have anything else to say at the moment about anything really and that’s not a good thing. I’m thinking of taking a day or two off to kinda cool off on being here so that when I come back I’ll have some fresh new ideas to talk about. :)
Last edited by The Jonster on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.