Rayman 2: The Great Escape: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- This article is about the English strategy guide by Prima. For the French strategy guide by Cyber Press Publishing, see Rayman 2: The Great Escape : Le Guide Officiel.
Rayman 2: The Great Escape: Prima's Official Strategy Guide is an English book published by Prima Games and authorised by Ubi Soft Entertainment.
This strategy guide contains a complete solution of Rayman 2. It also gives some information on the characters, the enemies and the objects of the game.
There are two editions of this guide: The first one only concerns the original version of Rayman 2 (on PC, Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast). The second one concerns the original and the PlayStation versions. The first edition comprising 176 pages, while the second edition comprising 144 pages.
The presentation of the levels follows the progression in the original version. Most of the screenshots come from the Nintendo 64 version.
Oddly enough, the solution calls the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire the Sanctuary of Lava and Fire, the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava the Sanctuary of Rock and Stone and the Technical Check-up Emission Control station. Through hacking in early demos of the game it has been revealed that these were originally meant to be the names for those levels. The solution also considers the Crow's Nest as a part of the Prison Ship, probably due to the Nintendo 64 version taking you directly to The Crow's Nest once you've completed The Prison Ship. Finally, the solution doesn't speak about the bonus level of the PlayStation version, or the secret passage of the 1000th Yellow Lum in the Tomb of the Ancients.
- Introduction (exclusive to the second edition)
- Basic Moves (exclusive to the second edition)
- Platform Differences (exclusive to the second edition)
- PSX Level Order (exclusive to the second edition)
- Heroes and Zeroes, and a Lum or two
- The Woods of Light
- The Fairy Glade
- The Marshes of Awakening
- The Walk of Life
- The Bayou
- The Sanctuary of Water and Ice
- The Menhir Hills
- The Cave of Bad Dreams
- Return to the Menhir Hills
- The Canopy
- Whale Bay
- The Sanctuary of Lava and Fire (N64 & DC)
- The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire (PSX) (exclusive to the second edition)
- The Echoing Caves
- The Precipice
- The Top of the World
- The Walk of Power
- The Sanctuary of Rock and Stone
- Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Stone
- Tomb of the Ancients
- The Iron Mountains (N64 & DC)
- The Gloomy Island (PSX) (exclusive to the second edition)
- The Prison Ship