About the creature
- Name: Stacey
- Age: mid 30s
- Gender: Female
- Country: United Kingdom. I live in the middle of it now.
- Glade of Dreams residence: Ly's Palace
- Maternal language: English
- Foreign languages: nearly enough French to get me a "hazelnut coffee" and train tickets :P, wants to learn Japanese, Spanish, German, the works
- Occupation: Will count your salmon flavoured dog treats and your tempting chocolates for £££
- Hobbies and Interests: Music, internet, video games, cartoon art, coffee, cooking
- Consoles owned: Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, N64, Wii, PS2, PS3, DS, GBA:SP, 3DS, Switch
How it began
I peeped in a magazine that my sister bought that had a Rayman 2 review in it. I was about 12 then. I've been a Rayman fan ever since and despite the ups and downs I still am. So that's what, over 20 years?
- Rayman fan since...: October 1999
- Player status: Veteran
- First game to have played and when: Rayman 2 [Dreamcast]; April 2000
- First game to have bought and when: see above
- Latest game to have bought and when: Rayman Origins, December 2011
- Favourite Rayman game: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Rayman Origins
- Least favourite Rayman game: Rayman 2 Forever
- Rayman Pirate Community member since...: April 2007
- Current status in RPC: Ex-admin old timer
- RayWiki user since: January 2008
- Current status RayWiki: Ex-sysop old timer
- I think of the Whale Bay underwater music each time I go swimming.
- I am Rabbids friendly and I don't stand for Rabbids salt*.
- I was the first in the fandom to have discovered extra levels in the Atari Jaguar version of Rayman.
- I was in third place in the UK PS2 category for the Rayman 3 Hall of Fame at one point. That won me the magazine and a tshirt.
- I've cosplayed as the following characters: Ly, Betilla (Origins), Helena Handbasket and Barbara.
- I found one of the life-size Rayman 3 statues while on holiday in Blackpool in 2007, and another in the Netherlands in 2018. I wanted to take them home. ;_;
- The Youtube account "Saffya" containing the TV series episodes is indeed me but I don't update that channel anymore.
- Speaking of which, I have met Billy West, who voiced Rayman in the TV series, and got my copy of the DVD signed by him.
- Even though I did not runner up in the 2011 Art contest here, I was still treated to the trip to Eurogamer and the night at a nearby hotel, thanks to my boyfriend who did win, as well as some of the goodies.
- I came 5th in the "I Love Rayman" video contest that was held in 2015 as part of Rayman's 20th anniversary. This landed me with quite a few goodies, see below.
*My stance on the Rabbids series
I have worked on most articles relating to the Rabbids series, including the ones after TV Party which have not featured Rayman ever since, quite simply because I do not want to have to do such on a poopy Wikia that's overrun with teenagers that don't know what they're talking about. Even now that the two franchises have completely split from each other now, I still thing articles about say Alive and Kicking should still be allowed here, especially when there are wikis like the Super Mario one that allows for articles about spin offs (eg. Donkey Kong, WarioWare etc) to be made.
As for what I actually think of Rabbids, I can't deny that I'm a big fan of the critters themselves. I did used to be a complete hater when the first RRR came out, mainly because of how Rayman 4 was aborted in its favour, but over the past 10 years I've gotten over and now it pissed me off to high heaven when people still whine about them, especially now that Rayman Origins is in full swing. Regarding the games, my favourites include the main version of TV Party (the best one IMO) and quite surprisingly, Rabbids Go Home on the DS. I still have a love/hate relationship with RRR1 and Rabbids Go Home on Wii, though RRR2 was OK. RRR2 and RRRTVP on DS weren't fantastic but weren't terrible either. As for Travel in Time...don't even go there. A&K threw me in a coughing fit, and Rabbids Land, well. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to pay £24.99 for it.
It is indeed against the rules to attack Rabbids games and characters in any form, so don't do it mmm'kay.
P.s. Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a good game.
List of Rayman games I own
- Rayman 1 (PS1 EU/JP, GBC, 3DS, PS3)
- Rayman 2 (Dreamcast, PS1, PS3)
- Rayman Revolution (PS2)
- Rayman M (PS2, PC)
- Rayman 3 (PS2, GBA, PC, PS3)
- Rayman Junior (PS1)
- Rayman Rush (PS1)
- Maths and English with Rayman (PC). This is just a PC version of Rayman Junior.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (GBA, DS, PC, PS2)
- Raving Rabbids Party Collection (Wii)
- Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge (GBA)
- Rayman 3D (3DS)
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (DS NA)
- Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party (DS)
- Rabbids Go Home (Wii, PC)
- Rayman Origins (PS3, PC/Steam)
- Rayman Legends (PS3, PC/Steam)
- Rabbids 3D (3DS)
- Rabbids Rumble (3DS)
- Rabbids Land (WiiU)
- Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle
I also own Rayman IV (the syntax one), a bootleg of R2F, and two bootlegs of Rayman 3 GBA.
List of Rayman products I have
- Rayman 2 figurine
- Rayman: The Animated Series on DVD
- Official Rayman 2 Strategy Guide
- RaymanZone UK magazine
- Rayman 3 T-shirt I won through RZ's Hall of Fame '03
- Gameboy Color holiday pack that just has Rayman's name on it
- Rayman Play by Play plushie
- All six McDonalds toys =}
- Rayman Origins T shirt I was given as a consolation prize for the 2011 art contest
- Rayman origins stickers
- Rayman Origins postcards that were given to everybody for free at Eurogamer Expo 2011.
- Rayman Origins cardboard display that was once used at MCM expo. Plus boxes.
- Rayman tote bag
- Rayman 20th Anniversary medallion
- Rayman lithograph
- All 3 garments (Hoodie, raglan and t-shirt) from the Insert Coin range