Hello, everybody! This is my own user page on RayWiki, but I will try not to be too long.
- Username: Saerleiya (or Saer', or Sae'. Don't bother writing it these ways, you are far from being the only one doing so).
- Gender: Male (need to find the fitting icon).
- Date of Birth: 16th of june, 1991 (now 23 years old).
- Planet Earth Residence: Right now, I'm on the move, but mainly France.
- Glade of Dreams position: Laid on the grass surrounded by lums, dreaming about other worlds, and waiting for some chocolate orange popping out of a little portal.
- Mother Language: French.
- Other spoken languages: English (from good to great), Spanish (scholar level, would need to practice to get back on track), German & Polish (only a few sentences, need to improve).
- Hobbies and interests: Engineering, Video games, Writing, and Drawing.
Entering the Glade of Dreams
Time to talk about my meeting with the limbless hero!
I first played Rayman like many members of this community, back in the middle of the 90's when he appeared in his first game. It was around 1997 or 1998, as we tried it on PS1 at a friend's house. However, if it was my first real experience with him, I definitely entered the Glade of Dreams with Rayman 3 alongside Rayman 2, as their aesthetics, their characters and their universe made me dream during hours.
Saerleiya and Rayman
Playing Rayman 1 at first was a terrifying experience, as Rayman 1 is very hard for a 6 years-old kid. We just walked around and discovered the Swamps of Awakening. Later on, I found myself playing the game once more when I was 11, managing to reach Mr. Stone for the very first time in The Blue Mountains. Now that I am 23 years old, I am exploring Picture City, but this game is still a nightmare for me.
Rayman 2 entered my life later, as it was introduced to me by a friend of my brother. I enjoyed the game way mroe as it was easier for kids, and that it was in 3D, which I liked a lot as my main games at the time were from the Crash Bandicoot series.
My favourite one is by far Rayman 3, as I was a teenager when it was released in 2003. I spent a lot of hours playing and replaying it, losing savegames and just restarting a new one because I could.
When I owned a PS2, I was able to buy the first Rayman Raving Rabbids game, but it felt a bit underwhelming not to be able to play with friends, and I was scared of breaking my pad as I liked a lot the dancing games, where the highest level of difficulty requires you to hit it like if it was a APM contest. But I enjoyed playing all the evening with my brothers on the second Raving Rabbids game, which was terrific.
I was very interested by the new concepts brought up in Rayman Origins, as the return to 2D-ish levels finds itself to be very enjoyable. This is also the game where I felt I had the most liberty out of all the Rayman games, as Rayman was faster than even, and could perform sick tricks and mouvements combos at will. However, it wasn't as enjoyable as Rayman 3 because I didn't have the will to replay it over and over. Rayman Legends made almost every single drawback of Origins disppear for me, and gave me new challenges to face and try to overcome.
Recently, I also begun reading some fanfictions made by people very dedicated to Rayman, and I found myself enjoying them a lot.
- Rayman fan since: roughly 2003.
- Player status: Somewhere between intermediary and advanced.
- First game played: Rayman 1 (PS1 version), 1997/1998.
- First game owned: Rayman 1 (PC version), 2001/2002.
- Latest game acquired: Rayman Fiesta Run (Android version), April 2014.
- Favourite game: Rayman 3 : Hoodlum Havoc (PC version).
- Least favourite game: Rayman 1 (PC version). I just want to finish it :'(...
- Rayman Pirate Community since...: August 2012.
- Current status in RPC: Normal member, posting around and making it active.
- RayWiki user since: August 2014.
- Current status in RayWiki: Casual contributor.
Trivia: unimportant yet interesting thingy
To be completed
List of Rayman games I own, or did own at some point
To be completed
List of Rayman products I have
To be completed