Need a bit of help
Hey Sae, I was going over my Todo List, and I remembered that I've not been able to translate over all of the French version of the Switch article. I don't want to impose upon you unjustly, but if you're up to it, I'd really appreciate your help in this endeavour. -- 21:59, 18 August 2014 (CEST)
- Sorry for my PM, I didn't know how to use the talk function in the Wiki (now I know, although I find it weird to send messages through a public page :/...).
- Switch is easy to translate. I will try to do it tomorrow. If you need other English/French translations, I am available for that :).
- Thanks a lot, I'll let you know if anything else pops up. Feel free to also go on my talk page and ask any questions, I'm more than happy to help you out with anything else here also. Don't forget, if you've got the enhanced editing toolbar enabled, you can find a help tab which gives a quick list on how to do basic things such as linking, formatting, headings etc. -- 14:13, 19 August 2014 (CEST)
- It seems the page already exists and is complete in fact...here it is Interrupteur. It just seems the Wiki can't identify equivalent pages because they were made on the French version of the Wiki: The French and the English Wiki are pretty much ignoring each other, which means that if you want to see if a page already exists in the other, you need to first go to the other Wiki, then make the search.
- I actually did that on the English Wiki, which is why I wasn't able to find the page related to Switches. However, as I made a Google Search, the page popped out instantly in teh first results.
- Did you know about this issue?
- We have an interwiki system in place here, while we can't search for French version of articles, you'll notice in articles which exist on the other Wiki languages will have a languages section in the sidebar. If you feel it's not a prudent system, you're best taking it up with Humch. I think I might not have been clear in my request though, you'll notice certain sections in the English version are completely blank or non-existent in the English article in comparison to the French. My request was if you'd be able to help in bringing over and translate said sections, in your own time of course.