Aeropolis first becomes involved in the story of the series when Rigatoni sets his circus down nearby in the first episode of the series, and becomes a refuge to Rayman and his friends after they escape from the circus. The first inhabitant the group encounter is a man working on his car, which Cookie fixes and is allowed to keep. After the car is towed away with Flips inside, the group follow it to the scrap yard and save Flips from being crushed along with the car. Soon after, they set up residence in an empty apartment above the home of Inspector Grub, who has been hired to capture them by Rigatoni.
The fifth episode, that was never produced, is rumoured to feature a cinema.
- The Park - seen in No Parking
- The train station - seen in No Parking (And also in the French Rayman Activity Centre)
- The scrap yard - seen in No Parking
- Grub's apartment - seen in No Parking, High Anxiety, Big Date
- Rayman's apartment - seen in No Parking, High Anxiety, Big Date
- Hospital and mental ward - seen in High Anxiety
- Grub's girlfriend's house - seen in Big Date
- Rigatoni's Circus (presumably temporary) - seen in Lac-Mac Napping
Gallery of scrapped backgrounds in Rayman: The Animated Series
- Man with car - seen in Lac-Mac Napping
- Inspector Grub - seen in No Parking, High Anxiety, Big Date
- Doctor - seen in High Anxiety
- Grub's mother - seen in High Anxiety
- Various workers and patients of mental ward - seen in High Anxiety
- Grub's girlfriend - seen in Big Date
- From a distance, Aeropolis resembles Band Land.