May I like to remind everyone that spamming here will see you to an immediate ban. -- StaceyW 00:55, 13 June 2008 (CEST) 11:36, 12 June 2008 (CEST)
Want to make a suggestion?
RayWiki en español
Hello, my name is Alex Hofstadter (I hate that stupid 'Alex hofstadter' spelling), and my first language is Spanish, but I've noticed there's no Spanish RayWiki. Would you add it, please? I find awesome the idea of having a raymanpc.com/wiki/es or raymanpc.com/wiki/sp, as Rayman's article in the Spanish Wikipedia sucks. Thank you! Alex hofstadter (talk) 15:37, 12 November 2014 (CET)
- Hi there,
- A Spanish RayWiki is a great idea and we'd be glad to open it. However, will you be the only one to edit it at first, or will some others give you a hand? Have you got any idea how many articles you'll be creating? We'd just like to make sure the wiki is not going to remain (almost) empty. ;)
- — 19:46, 12 November 2014 (CET)
- Well, what I'd like to do is to translate literally all articles in the English RayWiki to Spanish (except for character and level names, which should be called by their official Spanish names, with the exception of very badly translated names, such as the Rabbids). As there aren't a lot of Spanish-speaker Rayman fans, I think I would be the only editor there, at least at the start.
- I plan to make as many articles as possibles, starting with the characters, games and levels. What do you think?
- (Sorry, I added a new section instead of editing the first one. Sorry. I also would like to add that I won't be here too often for two or more weeks).
- Alex hofstadter (talk) 03:01, 13 November 2014 (CET)
- Sounds good, though it would be nice to set a quantitative goal in terms of translated articles. You said you'll be away for some time, does it mean you'll start editing when you're back? In the meantime, I suggest that you bump this topic to let the members of that forum (or what's left of them) know about this: hopefully some people will be interested in giving you a hand. You should also post something in the Spanish topic at PC, in case some of our members are willing to help as well. :)
- — 12:22, 13 November 2014 (CET)
- Um, I was thinking about translating as many articles as I could, starting out with 20 "main" (most long and important ones) articles and then translate the "secondary" articles (those about secondary characters, cancelled games, mobile phone games, etc.) and then making a huge topic to ask for help. Would you like me to make a .zip file fillful of .txt files with 40-to-50 translated articles and I email you it?
This could be added in the Daily Bubble section. I believe it got forgotten. :P --Haruka 18:28, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
- Oh right, thanks! I'll add it now. It wasn't forgotten though since I added it to the Rayman in popular culture page. --Carrot-master (talk) 18:50, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
"Discover RayWiki, a Rayman open encyclopedia, and share your knowledge about this best-seller game!" it should really be "Discover RayWiki, an open Rayman encyclopedia, and share your knowledge about this best-seller game!". It flows better imo. --Raltseye prata med mej 00:19, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
- I totally agree. The original text was grammatically incorrect. I've updated it now. Thanks for the heads up! -- 13:57, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
where do i find page templates?
i’m new and want to edit my profile to look remotely decent :P
thanks in advance!
- Hey and welcome to RayWiki! Currently there aren't that many templates around here, but you've got the standard User one you can use. As for the rest of the page it's up to you how you want it to look as it's your user page. If you want to find all available templates, simply search for "Template:" in the search bar (without quotes). -- 19:56, 10 October 2018 (CEST)
- Hi there and welcome, you might want to use the Character template, or just copy the code from someone else's profile and adjust it to your needs. ;)
- Edit: Carrot was faster and his template is more appropriate. I'm still posting this because of the code copy thing. — 20:00, 10 October 2018 (CEST)
thanks to the both of you! ^-^ - TGT
New Version Bugs
I was bored and flicking through the different versions of the wiki. However, when I went to the Polish wiki, I was confronted with this: [image removed]
- Seems to be a lot of issues with the new version. Got this error when deleting an image: "[b93338cae675ee204a807368] 2018-10-12 10:43:29: Fatal exception of type "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError"". -- 12:44, 12 October 2018 (CEST)
Too much content in the Daily Bubble?
I have been considering removing a few events from the Daily Bubble because some of the things listed go as far back as July 2017. Anyone think the same or think it can be left alone for now? -- 19:06, 15 November 2018 (UTC)